UK theme parks from another point of view!

Wagstaff04
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Project Zer0 - Specu1ation

Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:48 pm

A video has appeared on a random account on YouTube of a supposed “Project zer0” and , according to TheJackSilkstone, could be something to do with the the ‘0?’ signs that have been appearing next to Fright Nights attractions for the past 2 years. Discuss!

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Project 2020

Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:57 pm

This is the video Wagstaff04 alludes to.

I’m not sure whether it has any relevance to Thorpe’s anticipated attraction for 2020. The “Subscribe For The Answer” at the end makes me think it may just be whoever runs that channel trying to gain more subscribers. On the other hand, it may well be something to keep an eye on.

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:18 pm

It is dramatic! Certainly, one to watch if it refers to Thorpe!

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:09 pm

#takeitwithapinchofsalt

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:25 pm

I’m personally not buying it
Follow theleafletarchive on Instagram!

Bert2theSpark
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:27 pm

Even if this is to do with Thorpe it's not to do with Project 2020, Why bother starting the marketing campaign when there's not even planning permission submitted yet!

Many people have said it's related to the SAW:Alive maze and it having a retheme/refresh based off the new Jigsaw film (Of which a second one is in production). 
[Insert Signature Here]

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:29 pm

Yeah... it's looking a bit dodgy if you ask me.. could be wrong, but I don't think this has anything to do with Thorpe Park, even if it does have some significance for something / somewhere else.

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:05 pm

Here's hoping it isn't another horror themed ride. Something with a bit more colour, to fit the Island vibe would be good.

Seen a lot of people suggesting the land around loggers as a possibility, but that area is not listed as a proposed development site in the current change of use application they have. The areas listed are: the island behind Swarm; Swarm island; and to the right of the Dome as you enter. There's also a green pin placed in the island behind Swarm designating where they'd like to place a 50m tall coaster.

Edit: [Changed link to the one with they key]
http://documents.runnymede.gov.uk/North ... 241682.pdf

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:11 pm

I think people are reading to much into it. It first appeared in 2016 outside the Blair Witch shed that said pretty much the same thing just with a different date. If it will have any connection it will be with Fright Nights and not Project 2020 
Parks, Scares and Glitter on Facebook

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:10 pm

Looking at that video.. I wouldn’t believe it at all.. simple reason.. Thorpe Park as I believe have never stated on their YouTube page “subscribe for more”.. [-(

I think we are just going to have to wait until plans get submitted.. although I don’t know if there will be any problems with such a ride.. did Stealth have any problems with planning persmissions from the locals?

I’m more hoping we get a new B&M.. it’s been a while.. but I would not say no to an RMC! Especially if it is similar to The Joker.

One can dream :(
Don't take me serious..
But come, sit, have a drink.. don't mind me..
Hush little baby, don't say a word..
It'll only hurt forever.

Bert2theSpark
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:26 pm

https://twitter.com/THORPEPARK/status/9 ... 1708966912

Brave enough to face a year of fear? 

Get yourself a TH0RPE PARK  Annual Pass for JUST £49 and treat yourself to a year of unmissable events!

Meet you at the Safe Zone.

It's so subtle but it looks like it's official now. 
[Insert Signature Here]

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park Resort - General Discussion

Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:17 pm

Still not convinced... although it is the Year of the Walking Dead.. and they had previously said that they had something planned for the summer.. but I'm still not convinced any of this has anything to do with this so called "Project Zer0".

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:47 pm

There’s been another post with a 0 instead of an O. This makes me think the Project Zer0 thing may have some validity. 

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:48 pm

This time not as subtly, I see. Slowly becoming more convinced too. It's probably something to do with either whatever is happening this summer, Fright Nights, or is a new name for Project 2020..

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:54 pm

Robert.W wrote:
This time not as subtly, I see. Slowly becoming more convinced too. It's probably something to do with either whatever is happening this summer, Fright Nights, or is a new name for Project 2020..

I really hope that it is something to do with Project 2020. After visiting the park this week, it’s clear that it is lacking a new major ride. A large scale marketing campaign such as the ones Merlin have recently produced for the likes of The Smiler, DBGT, and Wicker Man would be really welcomed in my opinion. Hype is building already, that is if this is concerned with any of the above as mentioned by Robert. 

Unless it’s just an innocent grammatical error, in which case, disregard all of this post :lol 

JamieDeath
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:27 pm

Oh wow this is interesting, I took this picture last season whilst they were constructing the big top maze, seems to go hand in hand with the video (unless of course the video itself is based on seeing similar stuff). Image

streetmagix
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:39 pm

So you remember that 'worlds first' thing they said there were going to do around this time last year and then suddenly stopped talking about? I wonder if this is that. 

I think it's too early to announce Project 2020 (unless they want to steal ICONs thunder) but I think that they are teasing something reasonably big.

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:44 pm

Ohh, I had completely forgotten about that "world's first" thing... surely they were not referring to the silly phone charging thing on The Walking Dead: The Ride?? I really hope not. 

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:48 pm

Wasn't the world's first the Fanta VR thing? Fairly sure it was the "World's first attraction to be sponsored by Fanta that didn't upset people about a beloved attraction becoming a fizzy drink advert", or was it "VR, live action, fake lift combination". It's hard to remember all the Merlin marketing sometimes!

Either way, if there has been a concerted effort to use 0? for the last few years in low key ways and that links to project 2020, then I'll be taking that hype train all the way. A little more fleshed out ARG than the Wickerman's would be nice, but most importantly another ride using this new batch of higher quality Merlin theming would be perfect!

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:54 pm

Whilst all this 'Project 0' stuff is intriguing, I would be cautious as taking it for definite or reading too much into it at this stage. Whilst we know Thorpe do like to place Easter Eggs in the run up to large developments, we also know that they like to mess with enthusiasts. Just remember that when they thought we were getting too close to guessing Derren Brown as the IP for Ghost Train they started drip feeding out teasers relating to other IPs ;) It's entirely possible they've seen this theory posted it and decided to have a little game with us all!