UK theme parks from another point of view!

saw-x-smile
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Project Zer0 - Specu1ation

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:46 am

TPC wrote:
If I were to guess, it looks suspiciously like someone saw our comments and made adjustments.

I couldn’t agree more. If there was a small business which keeps an eye on Thorpe Park could use the suspicion around project 0 to make extra money/website traffic/email harvest.

The Thorpe park tweets were weird but idk they stopped now, maybe they were just trolling? Everything seems to have settled down and it seems weird for Thorpe to do something only to abruptly stop it after the 3? Was it stopped after the 3? Maybe they realised someone made a mistake in the binary and pulled the plug.

Also number writing is 5M1L3R’s thing.

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:20 pm

Another Project Zer0 video was published last night - linking to the website and a supposed ARG puzzle.

The video appears to make use of imagery and location of the Bethlem Royal Hospital building, which is a world-leading NHS psychiatric hospital. The video appears to be attempting to play on the history of the hospital, where it was notably one of the worst asylums that existed - albeit in a completely different location within London.

It feels very unlikely that Thorpe would run another asylum themed event after the previous media issues and general changes in public perception to how mental health is presented. Further to that, it is impossible they would have permission to use imagery of an existing NHS hospital in this manner.

I asked Thorpe and the more active Merlin Annual Pass twitter accounts if they could confirm this as fake. I got a quick response below, which says it is, but it's quite possible they were referring to the wrong thing, mostly because I haven't seen a response from Thorpe. I asked for clarification this morning, but that hasn't come yet, so I can only assume that this is the response that they meant.

project0.png
project0.png (54.76 KiB) Viewed 577 times

Link: https://twitter.com/TheZappomatic/status/1006794754691162113

saw-x-smile
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:53 pm

I'm kind of glad to hear that it's fake from the way you describe the video. It's sad that someone would do this, but not that surprising. I'm more surprised that Thorpe didn't catch it themselves and had to have a fan point it out to them. I think this might mark the end of Project Zero. 

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:02 pm

It’s almost certainly fake with someone this high up at Thorpe stating so.

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:04 pm

Oh well :lol

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:21 pm

Given there have been two seperate instances of Thorpe Park, or employees at the resort, confirming this as being fake, we have decided to lock this topic.

If anything credible comes out in the future that could be related to this, we may consider unlocking it, but for now....

[locked]

EDIT 23/06/2018: Topic unlocked

Wagstaff04
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Re: Thorpe Park Resort - General Discussion

Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:05 pm

So earlier this week, Theme Park News put this on their story on Instagram:

Now I’m starting to think whether this has something to do with a different park, and the word “reimagining”, together with the Smiler-like eye and the mental hospital footage in the video, this could be somehow linked to The Sanctuary. Thoughts?

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park Resort - General Discussion

Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:25 pm

It's not Merlin related. The website and everything surrounding it is still as dodgy as it was before.

Now that Thorpe have confirmed it isn't them, suddenly the story coming from the supposed people behind this changes to, well we never said it was Thorpe. Despite the whole thing surrounding an image from Thorpe and many references to existing mazes.

Perhaps a little coincidental that all the "news" and "discoveries" come from the same YouTube channel.

My speculation is this:

It's a group of people that have just finished their A-Levels/University exams and are looking for something to do over the summer. They've made some high production quality videos but kinda gave up on the website side. The source code the website links back to is incomplete, so the supposed puzzle has no solution because there's nothing there. It's literally just a screen that can accept 3 password attempts and fail. There are holding pages for the "end game" as well as second version of the puzzle page the video links to, which also are still incomplete. Good chance they know a YouTuber or two to keep some momentum going and maybe some Thorpe staff.

Supposedly it's Figaro Bros LTD. If that's true then I speculate they've left themselves open to a hefty kicking/prosecution from the ICO for completely ignoring GDPR.

They've also tried to tie an NHS mental health hospital into a horror event that looks to play on people going crazy. I'd speculate that they'll get a cease and desist warning if the NHS caught wind of it.

Edit: These were merged from two different threads, so they were originally a little less ranty than it appears now :). But only a little bit :lol
Last edited by Swarm Chris on Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bert2theSpark
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:28 pm

Why has this thread been unlocked? It has nothing to do with Thorpe Park. 
[Insert Signature Here]

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:40 pm

Bert2theSpark wrote:

It creates discussion, which is what online forums are all about ;)

Some posts have been merged with this topic which didn’t belong in other areas of the forum, and we see no harm in unlocking this topic.

If Project Zero does end up being a real thing for a different park then this topic will simply get moved to the most relevant section of the forum, but for now it makes most sense to keep it where it is :)

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:41 am

A couple of things I've managed to find from the latest video. This message...

...which after a little research, I managed to translate using a "pigpen cipher key", something which is also featured in the video. The message says:

ALL THAT HAS BEEN          
IS NOT AS IT SEEM. TO
FIND THE PATH YOU        
MUST FOLLOW BE SURE
TO LOOK FOR WHAT YOU        
CAN COUNT, BUT THIS         
WONT HELP UNLESS
YOU FIND THE KEY

Interesting.

Another thing to mention, from slightly earlier in the video, is these two guys. Avery Brock and Tony West.

These two guys are real life murderers. You can find out about what happened here.

On the project zero website, there is also this code... 

...which I can't seem to translate, if anyone else want's to have a go at translating it.

Honestly, I'm just so confused... 

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:38 am

Dan wrote:
Bert2theSpark wrote:

It creates discussion, which is what online forums are all about ;)

It should probably come with a health warning of not giving any personal info to this site and not to follow the real world aspects of it.

One of the "clues" gives a Staines phone number, which has a message that then points to a remote location, seemingly where the body of a woman has been left, that they want people to go to. Sounds particularly sketchy...

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:40 am

Swarm Chris wrote:
It should probably come with a health warning of not giving any personal info to this site and not to follow the real world aspects of it.

One of the "clues" gives a Staines phone number, which has a message that then points to a remote location, seemingly where the body of a woman has been left, that they want people to go to. Sounds particularly sketchy...

Yes! We would strongly agree with you, Chris!

PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW CLUES TO REMOTE LOCATIONS OR GIVE OUT PERSONAL INFORMATION!

The team will be monitoring this thread very carefully to ensure it does not cause harm, with a view to locking it again.