Love Legoland? Discuss here.
TT Member
User

MostMagicalCat

Land of the Vikings

by MostMagicalCat » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:55 am

Enter the Land of the Vikings* at your peril and prepare for a wet and wild voyage on the Vikings’ River Splash ride! Set sail through uncharted waters as you surge downstream, in a fantasy Viking world created by thousands of LEGO bricks! Join the Viking fleet by jumping aboard the Longboat Invader to find your sea legs then graduate to our huge flagship ride, the Vikings’ River Splash ride, where you’ll be in for a good soaking! Back on dry land, unravel the mystery of our Nordic-themed hedge maze and catch a glimpse of the mischievous Loki in his labyrinth of trickery.

yey get to go to legoland in june for the first time, looking forward to 2 days in the park, so get to enjoy this legorifick trip.

anyone been, is it as cool as it sounds, no thrils but nice family park?

this addition sounds nice, log flume pehaps?
[

User

AstroDan

by AstroDan » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:57 am

I have always wanted to go, but the price has always put me off.

Give us a report, Cat! The new rapids sure look like fun.
TT Member
User

MostMagicalCat

by MostMagicalCat » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:08 am

not until june, but will put in a good legoland report, i have heard its good, so heres hoping
[

TT Member
User

Thomas

by Thomas » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:12 am

Same as Dan i have always wanted to go but same again the prices for a kids attraction didn't impress, mind you with the looks of things its a park to visit in the near future

Thomas

TT Member
User

caffeine_demon

by caffeine_demon » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:58 am

it's on my possible visits list - always wanted to do the denmark one though!

TT Member
User

Maelstrom

by Maelstrom » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:14 pm

legolands new ride is a new generation Intamin Rapids ride (similar to the one they opened at their denmark park in 06) it is unclear through if the uk version will feature the lift and drop yet through.
TT Member
User

Johno

Land Of The Vikings

by Johno » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:55 pm

http://porsmond.bravepages.com/LegoLand ... apids.html

Theres some pics there (not by me).

It looks really good, however I'm not impressed by the lack of theming and at the minute it does seem like a hell of a lot of concrete.

What do you lot think?
TT Member
User

Dr Pop Rocket

by Dr Pop Rocket » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:06 pm

It looks a complete mess, it's been rushed just to get it open before the summer is up, so with any luck they sort it all out once the summer is up as it really is hideous, it has the odd bit of nice theming, but it needs a lot added to it for it to fit into the area, as at the moment it looks bland and very out of place.

But I'm confident Legoland can sort it out, they always seem to do well in terms of theming and it quite blatantly has been rushed just to get it open, so I do not think I will judge the ride until next year when hopefully, it has been sorted out.

TT Member
User

Ash

by Ash » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:45 pm

Concrete jungle :-(

Such a shame, shows how we should appreciate our "Grand Canyon Rapids" however they dont have half as much additional theming as there is on that ride.
TT Member
User

Johno

by Johno » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:55 pm

The thing I love about the look of that at the minute as it seems to have a lot more elements than Altons rapids.

As well as looking very clean.

TT Member
User

Redcoat Jase

by Redcoat Jase » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:06 pm

Oh Dear, that looks junk!

Definately hasn't inspired me to visit Legoland come October.

Let's hope this isn't a glimpse of things to come for Alton Towers! :|
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
TT Member
User

leejay

by leejay » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:44 pm

But Jase, wasn't that a Tussards 'creation'?

There does seem to be more elements to the rapids in Legoland but I never thought i'd say this - I actually prefere the general look of the Congo Rapids :shock: The Legoland ones looks ummm, rushed and unthought of!

TT Member
User

Redcoat Jase

by Redcoat Jase » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:04 pm

"leejay" wrote:But Jase, wasn't that a Tussards 'creation'?

No, Tussauds have nothing to do with Legoland.
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
TT Member
User

Shent

by Shent » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:10 pm

What the hell is that!? it does look rather toss im sorry, thats shocking lol
SHENT:  The one and only... :sus:
TT Member
User

leejay

by leejay » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:14 pm

"Redcoat Jase""][quote=""leejay" wrote:But Jase, wasn't that a Tussards 'creation'?

No, Tussauds have nothing to do with Legoland.[/quote]

Sorry yes! Blonde moment :lol:
TT Member
User

Quickey

by Quickey » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:08 pm

Wow, that looks rubbish! Way to much concrete, and it hasn’t been sculpted in to the land like Congo has. Themeing is good in places, but I think the themeing looks a bit out of place, if you know what I mean.

It is probably a good ride, but I just hope that they improve on the themeing.

User

AstroDan

by AstroDan » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:32 pm

Doesn't look good. Although, in fairness, a lot of Rapids rides take time to bed in.

User

evil cod

by evil cod » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:06 pm

eww fugly crapids! Yeah not very nice at all, its just concrete walls, if the theme was a constuction site that had been raided by viking from a time machine it would be sooooo awesome!
TT Member
User

Jaycey_18

by Jaycey_18 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:29 am

lol I remember them building that

I used to work on the train that went right past it
(well for duplo really but hey lol)

yeh it did look a bit of a mess when tey were building it to be honest, the dragon wa amazing though, I saw it getting delivered and I was in awe ate how amazing it was...thats probably the only good bit though

=D
BARROWMAN! *shakes fist*
TT Member
User

stigzy

by stigzy » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:41 am

Oh dear. It all looks rather too, whats the word? Too ikea-ish, for a ride themed around vikings anyway! I'm not saying its trying to be - but its hardly a Valhalla is it?! The que line looks good though...
Next