UK theme parks from another point of view!

plasticboy
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:34 pm

Some of the theming is great, i wish the CRR at AT had such good theming; but theres far too much metal and concrete about!!! Makes the bits of good theming look farcical!

Gazza Smurf
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:47 pm

That looks horrible! Looks a bit like an industrial estate... :? Let's hope they sort it out!

Liam
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:03 pm

This was a Merlin addition wasn't it? :no:

=>TOXIC<=
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:56 pm

Water treatment plant comes to mind, but to be fair that is not too far from the truth, planning laws in the UK now state that any new water ride has to have a water treatment plant to clean the water, separate from any other water supply. The days of using ponds and lakes are over which the Congo river rapids and storm force 10 both use (remember the fountain at the end of the congo rapids shooting into the boat, this used to be pumped from the ride but you are not a loud to do this any more!) But lets be honest with the colour of the splash on draytons its amazing we all do not develop some strange mutations!.

I have heard that more themeing is to be added but I am hoping for a lot more than that the steal work needs to be hidden with mock wooden structures, alot more detail in these elements, maybe some tunnels with special effects but with the placement of the bone cage and ice area I can not see the sides being disguised all that much which is a real shame.
One thing that really annoyed me was the bolting on of CCTV cameras on the ride station no attempt at all has been thought about the final appearance from the look of that.
Keep Rollin \":D\"

Chris1
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:07 am

Oh dear...

That really is dire. It looks like something Flamingo Land would build but even they would probably do a better job of theming it...

I'm not very optomistic about what they have planned for Alton, Thorpe and Chessie if that's the best they can do at one of their flagship parks...

:roll:

Mankey
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:58 am

To be fair though, wouldnt merlin just say "oh we want a river rapids" or something and then let the designers get on with it and do what they want as long as it meets merlins expectations?

^^ Chris ^^
[b]Back from hibernation![b]

Gazza Smurf
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:17 am

But still... I'd be worried if that met Merlin's expectations.

Johno
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:20 am

I don't think its fully finished by the look of it.

Chris1
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:48 pm

"W*nkeyMankey" wrote:
To be fair though, wouldnt merlin just say "oh we want a river rapids" or something and then let the designers get on with it and do what they want as long as it meets merlins expectations?

^^ Chris ^^

That's just as worrying! :lol:

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:21 pm

Guys look back at when Altons rapids first opened; it was just like this - totally horrid. Just give it time for plants to grow and before you know it will be as green as David Cameron.

leejay
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:01 pm

"Kaz" wrote:
Just give it time for plants to grow and before you know it will be as green as David Cameron.

Not very then :lol:

Chris1
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:55 pm

"Kaz" wrote:
Guys look back at when Altons rapids first opened; it was just like this - totally horrid. Just give it time for plants to grow and before you know it will be as green as David Cameron.

At least Alton's were always built into the ground and not just plonked on top of concrete foundations...

I doubt much will change unless they get Ground Force in or something to do a major tidy it up..

=>TOXIC<=
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:31 pm

The ride is not finished yet and still has to receive themeing (I personally hate rides that open unfinished but it is a business and it did pass its inspection so fair play I suppose) I'll go and have a look when it has been fully themed. But I am afraid we wont be able to wait for the plants to grow if you look at the images the center just has a water tough, unless this will be covered over in the final attraction it will remain.
But who knows what they have planned for the finished experiance.

So I will sit on the fence and class this as a soft opening to please the public expection to ride.
Eyes peeled!
Keep Rollin \":D\"

BULBOUS
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:52 pm

"Chrïs"&quot;][quote=&quot;"Kaz" wrote:

At least Alton's were always built into the ground and not just plonked on top of concrete foundations...

I doubt much will change unless they get Ground Force in or something to do a major tidy it up..[/quote]

Charlie Dimmock'd be a bit redundant then. ;)
Adjective: Fat, round, or bulging.