TT Member
User

Joe Koopa

Re: New at Legoland - rides, sea life, roller coaster & hotel

by Joe Koopa » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:27 pm

Poor Chesington World Of Adventures. :ashamed:

User

AstroDan

Re: Legoland Windsor: The Next Ten Years!

by AstroDan » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:31 pm

Very interesting. I hope Chessington gets similar investments as, to be honest, the Legoland site at Windsor is possibly even more restricted in terms of planning than Chessington is.

The 2011 coaster though I hope is top class. So far, none of the rides at Legoland are really "top class" - Jungle Coaster has the terrible noise problems, and both Dragon's are very, very average.

Interesting times. It seems that Merlin are renewing 10 year plans across their sites. Thorpe should have a new one soon, Alton's will be out in May and now we have this from Legoland.

Indeed... what of Chessington!

TT Member
User

Islander

by Islander » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:40 pm

"AstroDan" wrote:I hope Chessington gets similar investments as, to be honest, the Legoland site at Windsor is possibly even more restricted in terms of planning than Chessington is.

Don't know much about Chessington, but Legoland is certainly extremely retricted in terms of planning, what with it being on the edge of Windsor Great Park. It seems that nearly every tree is listed (or whatever the correct term is :P) - I believe that was one of the things that caused huge delays with Land of the Vikings. They appear to have the space to expand, though - there's a tone of land to the right of the entrance road that appears to be unused.
TT Member
User

Johno

by Johno » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:29 pm

Seems like Legoland Windsor is just getting what all the other Legoland parks are at the minute.
Team Admin
User

Adz

by Adz » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:15 pm

With any luck they'll get round to building this:

TT Member
User

Johno

by Johno » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:27 pm

That looks frigging awesome :D

I'd say that Legoland's coaster being placed in 2011: gives a 3 year cycle for each of the three: Thorpe, Alton and Legoland.

I'd presume that Chessington will add a large ride at the same time as Alton does.
TT Member
User

Joe Koopa

by Joe Koopa » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:53 pm

I presume CWOA's year could be in 2012, focus on the London Olympics prehaps? :)

Adz-Is that picture real? Or did you make it :D

TT Member
User

Chris W

by Chris W » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:03 pm

That picture has been around for years.

Great concept, it deserves to be made into a real ride.

User

Anonymous

by Anonymous » Tue May 12, 2009 6:44 pm

[url=http://www.maidenhead-advertiser.co.uk/news/article-11052-legoland-s-mansion-saved-from-bulldozers/" target="_blank]http://www.maidenhead-advertiser.co.uk/ ... ulldozers/[/url]

Looks like Jungle coaster could be on it way out or being moved to another area of the park. The new hotel loks like its going to be built on the same site
TT Member
User

amcmaster1

by amcmaster1 » Mon May 18, 2009 2:50 pm

Wow this really is interesting i agree with what was said earlier none of legolands rides are 'top class'

Merlin really are churning out the Sealife add ons i wonder how long it will be until Thorpe get one lol
Wishing i was back in the Caribbean
TT Member
User

Johno

by Johno » Tue May 19, 2009 7:23 pm

Well, the Jungle coaster, whilst it was a quite thrilling ride is awful with it's new enclosed cars.

It's rubbish in its current state, but if a location for it could be found, it's still an enjoyable family ride!
TT Member
User

Christo Dawson

by Christo Dawson » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:28 pm

10 year plan unveiled on PDF, with map that includes changes.
[url=http://www.rbwm.gov.uk/pam/docservlet?docId=95035910&filename=133758.TIF&mimeType=image/tiff" target="_blank]http://www.rbwm.gov.uk/pam/docservlet?d ... image/tiff[/url]
These changes are
-Hotel on Jungle Coaster site, (17)
-with new family coaster to replace it (8)
-Couple of new family rides, including "Jungle Cruise" and "Medival Joust" (4,5,6,12,13,14)
-Extension of skyrider (7)
-Atlantis by SEALIFE in Creation Centre (2)
-And a couple of other stuff (1,3,9,10,11,15)
Poor Chessie
Sent on some sort of phone using a gimmick called Tapatalk

[size=150]Nͬ͋̓ͣ̐ͭ̚͟͏̣̱̠̺͍͍͍̮̞Ḛ̷̤̘̯̪͑͠ͅM̒҉͉̯̦͍̰̠̀E̯̲̓̃̃̐̿̿̓͞S̷̞̹̠͎̻̯̽̐I̶̢̟̥͕̺͍̘̻̠̐̏ͯ͗͋̿ͣS̰͔̺ͯ̅̆̐

TT Member
User

Chris W

by Chris W » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:58 pm

Lots of good stuff there.

The Jungle Cruise sounds very interesting, hopefully a Lego version of the Disney attraction.
TT Member
User

amcmaster1

by amcmaster1 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:10 pm

Wow this really is interesting.

Seems to be quite a bit of infrastructural work such as replacing temporary buildings.
Does anyone know what the temporary buildings are that they wish to make permanent?

TT Member
User

Islander

by Islander » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:44 pm

"amcmaster1" wrote:Does anyone know what the temporary buildings are that they wish to make permanent?

Looking at the plans, they're talking about the marquees currently tacked on to the side of two of the park's eateries, namely City Walk (what used to be called the Big Restaurant, next to the harbour in Lego City) and the Great British Carvery (previously called Captain Barnacle's Boat Shed, and before that Pasta Patch, in Duplo Land).

They currently just provide outdoor seating, but under cover. Clearly they want to use the areas to extend the indoor sections.

User

[Archive]

by [Archive] » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:55 pm

Chessington will live on!
And LegoLand will become a good theme park!
TT Member
User

Johno

by Johno » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:24 am

I think its a real shame that the Jungle Coaster isn't being moved somewhere within the park.

It just means that the park won't actually be gaining anything from a new rollercoaster.
TT Member
User

amcmaster1

by amcmaster1 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:01 pm

Thats true - however hopefully this will be a really good coaster.

But for a 10 year plan it does seem pretty steady development for the park i mean the last 10 years have probably seen just as many if not more new attractions. Which isnt a bad thing.

TT Member
User

Islander

by Islander » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:56 pm

"Johno" wrote:I think its a real shame that the Jungle Coaster isn't being moved somewhere within the park.

To be fair, the Jungle Coaster is currently in an absolutely dire state - it would only be worth them moving it if they were to undo their recent modifications, and I can't see that happening.

As it stands right now, it's a terrible ride, with a ridiculously low throughput and unacceptable queue lengths. Which is a huge pity, because before giving in to local residents and inventing an abysmal 'solution' to the noise pollution problem, it was truly fantastic.
Next