UK theme parks from another point of view!

Johno
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Legoland Windsor: The Next Ten Years!

Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:29 pm

"Islander""][quote=""Johno" wrote:
I think its a real shame that the Jungle Coaster isn't being moved somewhere within the park.

To be fair, the Jungle Coaster is currently in an absolutely dire state - it would only be worth them moving it if they were to undo their recent modifications, and I can't see that happening.

As it stands right now, it's a terrible ride, with a ridiculously low throughput and unacceptable queue lengths. Which is a huge pity, because before giving in to local residents and inventing an abysmal 'solution' to the noise pollution problem, it was truly fantastic.[/quote]

Yeah, I can see a Gullivers park trying to buy the Jungle Coaster personally.

What kind of theme's would you guys like to see at a Legoland Windsor?

Personally, I'd like to see a Mars Mission theme, with visitors being 'blasted to Mars' or the Moon, before being shot back down to earth etc.

AstroDan

Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:06 pm

It's a real shame to see Jungle Coaster on its way out. Mack Wild Mouse coasters are perfect for family parks, and can get 900+ per hour when operated correctly. It's a pity that Jungle Coaster has been forced to change into a hideous scrap pile.

amcmaster1
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:22 pm

"Johno" wrote:
What kind of theme's would you guys like to see at a Legoland Windsor?

Personally, I'd like to see a Mars Mission theme, with visitors being 'blasted to Mars' or the Moon, before being shot back down to earth etc.

I would love to see a Lego Star Wars ride - i know it may never happen because of the film rights, but i love the games and Lego Star Wars is very popular. I think it could make an excellent dark ride.
Wishing i was back in the Caribbean

Islander
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:31 pm

Residents declare war on Legoland hotel plans
Nice to see that the Windsor Express isn't at all sensationalist ;).

Residents slam hotel plans
^That one's got a bit more info in it.

Well, what a surprise. Who'dve thought that local residents would complain...

According to local BBC radio (where I heard this), another main reason that they're complaining is that the hotel is to be five stories high. However, according to Vicky Brown, that's three stories lakeside, with two lower-ground levels. Also, at no point will the hotel be any taller than the height of the Jungle Coaster now...

amcmaster1
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:06 am

I really do not understand some people a hotel! I mean seriously that is going to have very little impact on their lives.

I live literally down the road from the planned 'Angel of the South' which will be huge but ive heard hardly anyone express their concerns over it.

AstroDan

Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:21 am

I bet whoever origianlly decided to build Legoland (Merlin?) are kicking themselves why they ever built Legoland in Windsor...

Get a grip. Look at Europa-Park - they have 4 hotels all built on what was green fields and it's done wonders for the local economy.

amcmaster1
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:33 am

I think it was the original Lego group who decided to build there - but for a long time before it was Legoland it was a big safari park. So you could argue that many locals moved there knowing that there was a big leisure attraction there already!

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Legoland Windsor - The Future

Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:24 am

What happened to these plans?

TheBeast
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:15 pm

Not really seen anything new one nere in a while - have we just given up on Legoland? ;)
Credit to NemesisRider for an absolutely amazing signature, 100/10, definitely would recommend!

It's because I'm Batman!

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:26 pm

TheBeast wrote:
Not really seen anything new one nere in a while - have we just given up on Legoland? ;)

No, it's just that nothing's happening at LEGOLAND.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:54 pm

I swear i remember seeing something somewhere, but i have no idea what i saw or where i saw it, but i swear on the Brick or Treat park map there was a little bubble that said something about 2015. I think it was regarding a re-theme of an area. But i'm not 100% sure of what i saw, so i could be wrong. I have been trying to find a Brick or Treat park map from this year, but so far haven't had any luck.

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:11 pm

Legoland originally planned to build a new haunted house attraction for the 2015 season, as detailed in SouthParks' news article. However, the attraction was refused planning permission due to concerns about the levels of traffic going to and from the resort.

This has meant the resort has had to have a major re-think of their 2015 plans as, even if they successfully appealed the planning decision, they have sadly missed the building window to get the attraction open for next season. I believe there is going to be a small area themed to the Lego Friends brand (as hinted on the maps at the end of the main season. Unfortunately I don't have a copy to check). I'm not sure exactly what this will include, but it certainly isn't what the resort was hoping would be their main 2015 attraction.

Luce
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:41 pm

It's a shame the application was refused as I think the haunted house attraction sounded good, but I guess the planners have to take a lot of things into consideration, including traffic. Maybe the park will look to open something for 2016 instead.

TheBeast
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:58 am

Yeah, I agree. I think a haunted house would make a great addition, it wouldn't surprise me if they keep trying to get it made because of this. its all about public opinion though...I guess if the locals don't want it, it cant be built. The biggest pity is that they didn't have the common sense to move somewhere that there wasn't a theme park.
Credit to NemesisRider for an absolutely amazing signature, 100/10, definitely would recommend!

It's because I'm Batman!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:17 pm

The reason given for the application's refusal was the potential increase in traffic, which was obviously deemed to be too great to authorise the plans. If this continues to be a significant issue it could make it hard for any major new developments at the park. However, Merlin may offer to fund a roadwork project to ease congestion as a way of getting around this.

Danny
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:06 pm

Considering this was a fairly small project, the future isn't looking bright for the expansion of Legoland Windsor unless Merlin offer to pay towards improving road works

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:51 pm

DannyG wrote:
Considering this was a fairly small project, the future isn't looking bright for the expansion of Legoland Windsor unless Merlin offer to pay towards improving road works

The expansion isn't necessary. My personal opinion is that the park's priority should be improving park operations (especially throughputs!), and updating older areas.

Updates of older areas work has begun already - Pirate Shores (2014) and Kingdom of the Pharaohs (2009).

Yes, the expansion would have been great, and would have brought me back to LEGOLAND, but if I started hearing reviews highlighting improved park operations, I'd head back.

Savva0122
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:52 pm

Hi problems with the Haunted House at Legoland Windsor; Lego Friends to be built now
[from Screamscape]

LEGO Friends / Heartlake City - Confirmed - (1/2/15) LEGOLAND Windsor will be adding Heartlake City in 2015, the LEGO Friends themed area similar to what is being built at the California park also for 2015. They parks haven't offered much in the way of details of what this is however, other than this: “Featuring a mix of character meet and greets, a live action music show featuring all five friends, a Heartlake City Mall themed area, and new attractions - the new land opening in early summer is guaranteed to delight and enthrall.”
Unfortunately, this looks like a last second replacement for the proposed Ghost: The Haunted House attraction (see below) that was planned for 2015, but put on indefinite hold when the local government refused to give permission for it.

Nath89
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:11 pm

New roundabout sign.

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:05 pm

Nice! :D