UK theme parks from another point of view!

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Legoland Windsor - The Future

Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:38 pm

I want legoland windsor to cover up their waterpark or get an indoor one (like ATR). I'd also like legoland to get another family coaster.
Creds to NemesisRider!

Scarefest 2017 Hype Kicking in... all because of Rita Fan

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:25 pm

The following is from Screamscape

Merlin Entertainment, Warner Bros. Consumer Products and The LEGO Group will bring "The LEGO Movie 4D A New Adventure" attraction to life starting in January 2016 to LEGOLAND theme parks and LEGOLAND Discovery Centers around the world.
The new 4D film will actually premier at the LEGOLAND Florida Resort on Jan. 29th, 2016, followed by LEGOLAND California on Feb. 6th, 2016. From there it will open at LEGOLAND Windsor, Billund, Germany and Malaysia and later it will expand to all 11 LEGOLAND Discovery Centers worldwide.
The new production will bring back several popular characters (and their voices) from The LEGO Movie such as Elizabeth Banks as Wyldstyle, Alison Brie as Unikitty, Nick Offerman as MetalBeard, and Charlie Day as Benny who will face off against a new villain named "Risky Business" voiced by Patton Oswalt.
“The LEGO Movie 4D A New Adventure” follows a new journey for Emmet, Wyldstyle, Unikitty, Benny and MetalBeard after they receive a mysterious invitation leading them to a new theme park where all of the rides are based on the characters’ adventures in “The LEGO Movie.” But not all is as it seems as the heroes are once again thrust into the middle of an evil secret plot, only this time, it will be up to the audience to use their Master Builder skills to help save them! Using elements such as wind, water, smoke and special lighting effects, the larger-than-life experience brings the film’s main characters, Emmet and Wyldstyle, back together with their friends for another awesome adventure.

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:42 pm

I see other sites have finally caught up with news SouthParks reported back in February ;)

It's good to see Merlin keeping the 4D offering fresh, and the LEGO Movie is a natural choice for them to bring to the Legoland parks. I'm sure it will be very popular :)

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:55 pm

ladyofthelake wrote:
I see other sites have finally caught up with news SouthParks reported back in February ;)

It's good to see Merlin keeping the 4D offering fresh, and the LEGO Movie is a natural choice for them to bring to the Legoland parks. I'm sure it will be very popular :)

Oops. But in all fairness i can't remember last week, let alone February :lol

I agree. They are keeping it fresh and thats great for the park. Yay!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:27 pm

This doesn't seem to have been picked up on yet, but in Merlin's recent Preliminary Results and Strategy Update presentation it was stated that 'Ninjago - the Ride', which is opening at Legoland Billund this year, will be added to all parks by 2017. Presumably Merlin are looking to capitalise on the potential success of the upcoming Ninjago movie as they did and continue to do so with The Lego Movie.

Looks like Windsor may get this next year ahead of 'Ghost - the Haunted House', so shall just have to keep an eye out for a planning application!

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:11 pm

I read the first sentence and got hyped, mainly because of the ninjago sky fly that already exists, but then I saw the picture.
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:23 pm

Legoland have said as well as the new castle hotel, they are getting a new ride for 2017. This should mean ninjago!

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:00 pm

ThemeParkCrafter wrote:
Legoland have said as well as the new castle hotel, they are getting a new ride for 2017. This should mean ninjago!

It has already been confirmed as part of the Ninjago planning application that Ninjago would be the Resort's 2017 addition in the Theme Park. Please check to see if information has already been published before making a post which only serves to repeat points already made either in this thread, or in other threads within the board.

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:04 pm

Although i'm happy that Legoland is getting a new ride, Ninjago is in a sort of way another shooting ride, even though we have Laser Raiders. In my opinion its about time LegoLand Windsor gets a new coaster.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:44 pm

Following consultations last October, Legoland have revealed details of a £95 million investment over the next 10 years.

As reported on SouthParks, the plans include the construction of the planned Haunted House attraction in either 2019 or 2021, plus the addition of a holiday village and improvements to parking at the Resort.

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:51 pm

Legoland have submitted a hybrid planning application for eight different projects, including a potential new coaster in 2019, new holiday village, and an attraction on the Haunted House site. SouthParks News details all the proposed developments.

These are certainly some interesting proposals from Legoland and I'm looking forward to seeing exactly what the new attractions could be, especially with hints of a coaster.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:19 pm

Its always great to see things like this going into the planning departments. I am particularly interested in the 'Barrels' accommodation. I wonder what the price will be on these. Hopefully they will be cheap considering its literally just beds.