UK theme parks from another point of view!

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Legoland Windsor - The Future

Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:38 pm

I want legoland windsor to cover up their waterpark or get an indoor one (like ATR). I'd also like legoland to get another family coaster.
credit to sam!

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Re: Haunted House Experience Plans Submitted

Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:55 pm

It would seem that there may be some hope for the Haunted House.

Legoland have lodged an appeal with the local council against the refusal of the planning permission as detailed in SouthParks news. We don't yet have a date for the decision of the appeal, however I would have thought that there is at least a reasonable chance of success for the appeal to have been put in. I certainly hope that the appeal is successful as I think it would be a great addition to the park and give the ride line up a good, solid new addition.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:02 pm

Thats great news. I really hope they get permission as i agree, i do think it would be a great new addition to park.

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:17 pm

I can't say how much I want this.
And if it opens next year... Double the dark-ride opening days for me!

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:48 pm

Unfortunately the Haunted House plans have encountered another set back. As reported on SouthParks News the local council have declined to determine the new application saying it it too similar to the original and because of the appeal that has been put in.

I think it's a real shame that this proposal seems to be coming up against so many obstacles. It has the potential to be a great addition, yet the resort just can't seem to get it through planning. Fingers crossed the appeal goes Legoland's way in October.

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:54 pm

I'd love it if this attraction made it into Legoland Windsor. It would add something unique into the park!

I personally can't see it adding to traffic in the local area that much!

TheBeast
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:21 pm

Legoland gets an absolute ton of traffic every day. Any new attraction is going to increase that, surely the council cant prevent them from getting new rides any more...?
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:52 am

I see what you mean, but you also make you point invalid. In your post you mention Legoland already gets "a tonne of traffic", so as long as the terrific stays - the ride will be postponed and eventually given up on unfortunately. I really hope this attraction does get constructed because in my option it would be one of Legoland Windors most exciting and interesting installments!

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:25 pm

The following is from Screamscape

Merlin Entertainment, Warner Bros. Consumer Products and The LEGO Group will bring "The LEGO Movie 4D A New Adventure" attraction to life starting in January 2016 to LEGOLAND theme parks and LEGOLAND Discovery Centers around the world.
The new 4D film will actually premier at the LEGOLAND Florida Resort on Jan. 29th, 2016, followed by LEGOLAND California on Feb. 6th, 2016. From there it will open at LEGOLAND Windsor, Billund, Germany and Malaysia and later it will expand to all 11 LEGOLAND Discovery Centers worldwide.
The new production will bring back several popular characters (and their voices) from The LEGO Movie such as Elizabeth Banks as Wyldstyle, Alison Brie as Unikitty, Nick Offerman as MetalBeard, and Charlie Day as Benny who will face off against a new villain named "Risky Business" voiced by Patton Oswalt.
“The LEGO Movie 4D A New Adventure” follows a new journey for Emmet, Wyldstyle, Unikitty, Benny and MetalBeard after they receive a mysterious invitation leading them to a new theme park where all of the rides are based on the characters’ adventures in “The LEGO Movie.” But not all is as it seems as the heroes are once again thrust into the middle of an evil secret plot, only this time, it will be up to the audience to use their Master Builder skills to help save them! Using elements such as wind, water, smoke and special lighting effects, the larger-than-life experience brings the film’s main characters, Emmet and Wyldstyle, back together with their friends for another awesome adventure.

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:42 pm

I see other sites have finally caught up with news SouthParks reported back in February ;)

It's good to see Merlin keeping the 4D offering fresh, and the LEGO Movie is a natural choice for them to bring to the Legoland parks. I'm sure it will be very popular :)

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:55 pm

ladyofthelake wrote:
I see other sites have finally caught up with news SouthParks reported back in February ;)

It's good to see Merlin keeping the 4D offering fresh, and the LEGO Movie is a natural choice for them to bring to the Legoland parks. I'm sure it will be very popular :)

Oops. But in all fairness i can't remember last week, let alone February :lol

I agree. They are keeping it fresh and thats great for the park. Yay!

Max
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:57 pm

Legoland won the appeal. :D
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:58 pm

In some very positive news for the Resort, Legoland have won their appeal against the refusal of planning permission for the Haunted House attraction. This means the attraction now had planning permission and the Resort can proceed with development. SouthParks News has a full article.

As yet, there is no indication of when the attraction may open.

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:26 am

I reckon it'll open in 2017, not enough time for next year I don't think, but it does look like a nice addition.
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

mark_h
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:48 am

I hope they install a drop tower that can do multiple lifts/drops as well as fast upward motion(rather than the N:ST one which can only drop once then slowly lift up) as that would be far more flexible in terms of experience and storytelling.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:27 pm

This doesn't seem to have been picked up on yet, but in Merlin's recent Preliminary Results and Strategy Update presentation it was stated that 'Ninjago - the Ride', which is opening at Legoland Billund this year, will be added to all parks by 2017. Presumably Merlin are looking to capitalise on the potential success of the upcoming Ninjago movie as they did and continue to do so with The Lego Movie.

Looks like Windsor may get this next year ahead of 'Ghost - the Haunted House', so shall just have to keep an eye out for a planning application!

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:11 pm

I read the first sentence and got hyped, mainly because of the ninjago sky fly that already exists, but then I saw the picture.
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:44 pm

A recent article has stated that Legoland Windsor "has no plans at present to introduce" the Haunted House attraction despite having won the appeal to do so. Given that this has all landed the local council with costs of almost £100k I imagine this may make them reluctant to refuse future applications by Legoland without the support of substantive evidence.

Count-Vonduel
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:41 pm

So they forced legoland to scrap the plans (at least untill next year) by wasting money they could have used to build better roads to accommodate the traffic? I do hope thay are proud of themselves...

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:23 pm

Legoland have said as well as the new castle hotel, they are getting a new ride for 2017. This should mean ninjago!