UK theme parks from another point of view!

Johno
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Legoland Windsor - General Discussion

Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:12 pm

Has anybody got any pictures of the current situation with Viking Land at windsor?

Or even concept drawings of the new ride?

X-factor
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:32 pm

there is a new ride? i thaught that it was going to close

Maelstrom
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:44 pm

Legoland in Winsor is the UK's 3rd most popular theme park (Paid to enter) with around 1.4m guests per season. NO PLANS TO CLOSE IT!

There have a big investment with a heavily themed rapids ride expected to open Aug 1st. Lego sold the parks to Merlin entertainments owned by blackstone the same company that just took over tussuads, i understand there are big plans for legoland in windosr and all the legoland parks which will include hotels etc.

Frindle1
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:45 am

Yeah Legoland would not close!! It's way to popular!! Although I havn't been there in years. What sort of rides are there at the moment? Things have changed since I was 7!
[i]Up Coming Trips]

Sit Back, It\'s Fright Time!
Formerly Known As \'Nemesis front row!\'

Ellie

Tue May 29, 2007 11:51 pm

well. I went today and there is alot of work to do on the ride as the walls on the outside are like hlls of dirty with the wire over the top to stop it moving. but yer overall there is alarge amont of work to do to the ride.

Johno
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed May 30, 2007 9:37 am

Concept art?

TenZero
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:40 pm

Facts about the new rapids:
- More than 60 Viking-themed LEGO models will be on display.
- Nearly two million LEGO bricks were used to build these models.
- Vikings' River Splash features a 'Troll Wash' where buckets of water are emptied from the top of a mast four meters high.
- There will be 400 metres of water flumes.
- The water in Vikings' River Splash is recycled and filterd continuously and takes 150 hours to fill.

Timelapse and photos of the models can be seen here http://www.legoland.co.uk/park/vikings.html

Johno
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:07 pm

Sounds and looks like it could be really good!

Mankey
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:24 pm

Lets hope the drop's a bit more spectacular then the pirate rides one :lol: or is this a river rapids?

^^ Chris ^^
[b]Back from hibernation![b]

Crofty

Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:14 pm

Went on Tuesday and I wont be visiting again.

Ride throughput is very poor and food prices are sky high.

Spendleb
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:43 pm

Went last Thursday (31st) and it was great, first warm day all week and it felt like we could have been in the states (went to Legoland CA 2 years ago), I enjoyed it a lot more here although the rides did get very busy as the day went on, the 'school' rides (boat, balloon and driving) and the fire ride were very busy and had 90 minute plus queues!

Overall loved it though and thought it was clean and well themed with a good selection of rides, the new Viking ride and area will make it even better, if only I could persuade my 5 year old to get wet on a ride, he won't touch rides which involve drops and water! I looked a right norman no mates going on Pirate Falls on my own at 37!

Ram737
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:58 pm

lol good stuff, yeah im really tempted to take a visit there during the summer once they have opened viking river splash.

Should be a fun day out, what sort of size park is it? could you spend a a full day there?

Spendleb
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:34 am

Fairly large park, plenty of rides, in fact we did say 2 days would be good as the queues are quite large, it's also quite hilly but only a problem when returning to the car park!

Johno
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:17 pm

Its a very nice sized park and there is plenty to do!

Power Of Ten
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:47 am

The dragon ride there is the first ride i ever went on i thought it was really scary i cant remember it though what sort of ride is it?
This is my last Comment or View of TTF. I\'ve had enough of all this geek stuff, Im not worrying about theming or story\'s or landscaping, smoothness or what a ride is like compared to another. To just enjoy the roller coasters as fun and adrenalin filled.

Spendleb
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:31 am

The Dragon ride is a rollercoaster, not bad too with a couple of fairly decent drops.

digitaldan
TT Member
TT Member

LEGOLAND Introduces Coke-Refill Cups

Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:25 pm

Well I turnt up to work today, and was pleased to see that LEGOLAND had introduced this offer like Thorpe and Alton. Price is at £4.90. Just thought i'd let you all know =D

seanyboyuk
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:59 pm

great idea for any park to have this scheme

Johno
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:36 pm

If I'm thinking of legoland there were very few 'outlets' and more carts and stuff.

Lon
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:31 am

Nothing to display.