Love Legoland? Discuss here.
TT Member
User

Burniel

Re: Legoland 2014

by Burniel » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:09 pm

What LEGOLAND really need is a new coaster. It would get me back. It could go in Kingdom of the pharaohs and be themed around a mummy, they could get rid of the rubbish laser ride.

Alas, this is not happening, and therefore I will probably not venture down this year. A shame, because I love the atmosphere and live for dark coasters like The Dragon, but I can't find a reason this year
Ride Count 2017: 0 ;( (MAP arrives soon!)
Ride Count 2014-17: 710
Unique Coaster Count: 54

Formerly Dan.B
TT Member
User

Burniel

Re: Legoland Windsor - General Discussion

by Burniel » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:30 pm

Pirates Landing is being renamed Pirate Shores in conjunction with the new play area. Description:

Learn swashbuckling, seafaring skills at the Pirates Training Camp before testing your nerve and your stomach, on the swinging pirate ship, the Jolly Rocker. Then set sail for a soaking on the explosively enhanced Pirate Falls!

Strange how it still says Pirate Training Camp, which was the name of the old one. Perhaps it isn't getting a name change?

EDIT: A child ticket on gate is £41.40, 60p more expensive than Alton Towers! Is this a raise?

Formerly Dan.B
Team TTSP
User

Ladyofthelake

by Ladyofthelake » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:46 pm

According to BBC News Legoland is to close for the weekend following threats being made. Originally, the Muslim Research and Development Foundation were due to hold a private event at the park on Sunday, however this was cancelled after threats were made against the resort by 'right-wing groups'.

The resort have clearly put the safety of their guests first, and I'm sure it's not a decision they will have taken lightly. It seems incredibly unfair that many families will now be forced to miss out on weekends they had planned as a result of these threats.
TT Member
User

Burniel

by Burniel » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:27 pm

Hmmm ...

*Checks date*
*Checks LEGOLAND website*

Isn't the theme park closed anyway? I thought it was due to open on 14th March?

Formerly Dan.B
Team TTSP
User

Ladyofthelake

by Ladyofthelake » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:30 pm

The theme park is closed, however the hotel was open. The resort have had to take the decision to close the hotel and cancel all bookings for this weekend because of the threats received.
TT Member
User

Burniel

by Burniel » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:33 pm

Why would you book into a LEGOLAND hotel if the theme park was closed? Was there any activities planned or is it purely a place to stay?

Formerly Dan.B
Team TTSP
User

Ladyofthelake

by Ladyofthelake » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:40 pm

I believe they have been running a number of offers for March, including 2nd day free, and free tickets to Chessington (when Chessington has been open for zoo days), along with special offers on London attraction ticket prices.
Forum Leader
User

Dom

by Dom » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:48 pm

I think Legoland have done the right thing. No one should make threats against anyone. And they are doing it in the interest of everyone's safety. According to the BBC website, Some people have been taking to social networks to bad mouth them about this. I personally think they did the right think and should actually be congratulated on it.
Forum Leader
User

DannyG

by DannyG » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:37 pm

Can I ask what is meant by threats?? Has someone threatened a worker, or staff threatening a visitor, or someone threatening to sue??
So confusing!
Team TTSP
User

Ladyofthelake

by Ladyofthelake » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:39 pm

Details haven't been released as to the nature of the threats. Only that they have been made by 'right wing groups'. I would imagine these groups have made threats against the resort, hence the decision to close for the weekend.

TT Member
User

BenBowser

by BenBowser » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:24 pm

These Muslim days really work out don't they! :no: Reminder of the complete failure for towers in 2006...

At least that didn't include threats. :?

TT Member
User

DeanGaryCox

by DeanGaryCox » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:10 pm

Has anyone ever been Legoland in the easter holidays and would be so kind to comment on how full of little brats it is?

I want to go as my mate will be back from uni then and it's the only time we can go, just not sure if it's worth it with how big the queues would be...
TT Member
User

Burniel

by Burniel » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:41 am

Well the last time I went at Easter was when I was the little brat, and I can tell you it was busy.

Formerly Dan.B
TT Member
User

Mark.aa

by Mark.aa » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:29 pm

Easter is a very busy period,
I only take my kids there then as we have been 50+ times so it's not the end of the world if you don't get on all the rides!may be 2 or 3 main rides on a busy day.
1 to 90 minutes ques for pirate falls,Viking river splash ,dragon coaster.
Big que to leave at end of day.stay in park until rides stop running then leave.
Team TTSP
User

Ladyofthelake

by Ladyofthelake » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:08 pm

Legoland have announced a Star Wars weekend for 3rd-5th May (bank holiday weekend) featuring themed activities and special displays alongside a range of other features just for the weekend.

Full details are on the Legoland site: http://www.legoland.co.uk/LEGO-Star-Wars-Weekend
TT Member
User

Master_feedback

by Master_feedback » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:28 pm

Oh may the 4th be with you. .... im going next week ill update how busy it is then
TT Member
User

Master_feedback

by Master_feedback » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:18 am

So lego land was busy school holidays so no surprise thier cues were around 30 mins for medium rides and 45 to an hr for the bigger ones

Dispite this years map saying the area infront of dragon "coming april" not all of it was finished a play area was still a building site

The bad pionts alot of the lego sculptures were looking dirty and very faded its clear not much money has been spent on that for some year, was planning to get the free refill coffee deal but not available :(
TT Member
User

Burniel

by Burniel » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:26 am

Well there's meant to be a new pirate's play area ...

Formerly Dan.B
Forum Leader
User

Dom

by Dom » Tue May 13, 2014 5:00 pm

Legoland has recently posted this on their Twitter

http://www.rspb.org.uk/news/369376-new- ... from-lego-

I actually think this is a really good idea.

TT Member
User

Hazard

by Hazard » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:44 pm

Never been to Legoland before and as a VIP passholder I can now go to the resort for free but is this something I would enjoy or is this aimed just for kids/families? I love all the big rides at Thorpe/AT and can understand there is probably nothing at Legoland on those levels but would I enjoy the day or would I be bored?
PreviousNext