UK theme parks from another point of view!

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Legoland Windsor - General Discussion

Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:50 pm

LEGOLAND has about 5 rides worth doing:

The Dragon
Pirate Falls
Jolly Rocker
S.Q.U.I.D Surfer
Viking River Splash
(of course the Miniland is worth a look)

None of these are "thrilling", but for the most part, they're fun rides. I'd say if you live reasonably close, and can get in for free, why not? Just go on a quiet day, and don't expect thrills.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

Hazard
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:53 pm

Would you say I could do say Legoland and Chessington in one day? Haven't been to Chessington for years but if its half a day at each then I could probably knock out both in one day.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:57 pm

Hazard wrote:
Would you say I could do say Legoland and Chessington in one day? Haven't been to Chessington for years but if its half a day at each then I could probably knock out both in one day.

I'm going to say no, for a variety of reasons, mainly because the parks have low opening times and are 1 hour apart.

I'd say the two are a day and a half - LEGOLAND only needs half a day, but CWOA will need a full day. I'd do Chessington on a Saturday (in September when it's quiet), and LEGOLAND on the Sunday. This way you can knock two out in one weekend but be home early on the Sunday to prepare/ recover for the working week. :)
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

Hazard
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:07 pm

Dan.B wrote:
Hazard wrote:

I'm going to say no, for a variety of reasons, mainly because the parks have low opening times and are 1 hour apart.

I'd say the two are a day and a half - LEGOLAND only needs half a day, but CWOA will need a full day. I'd do Chessington on a Saturday (in September when it's quiet), and LEGOLAND on the Sunday. This way you can knock two out in one weekend but be home early on the Sunday to prepare/ recover for the working week. :)

Cheers. :D

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:10 pm

According to the Legoland face book page you can now have Character Lunches. More information can be found here:- http://www.legoland.co.uk/CharacterLunches

From 11 July to 2 September, you can meet the LEGOLAND® characters during lunch at Bricks Family Restaurant at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Hotel.

Our friendly characters will be entertaining guests in 20 minute sessions from 11:30 am to 2:30 pm.

Lunch is served from 12:00 noon to 2:30pm and no reservation is required.

Prices are £14.95 for an adult and £6.95 for a child.
Even the good can fall from grace

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:29 pm

Legoland has announced on Facebook their Halloween Event

18 October - 3 November 2014

This October half term bring your little monsters to the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort for spook-tacular activities and fun to celebrate Halloween with the whole family!

Our Brick or Treater’s are in for a surprise as they venture through the eerie Forest of 5000 Pumpkins where you can build your own LEGO® pumpkin for our giant patch! Try and find the LEGO Spiders that are hiding amongst the trees, drop by the Monster Ball for some dancing and fun and enjoy all of your usual favourite rides and attractions!
Source. Legoland Brick or Treat Event Facebook page

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:59 pm

Legoland are letting Annual Pass holders do the following

UNMISSABLE EARLY RIDE ACCESS AT LEGOLAND Windsor Resort EVERY WEEKEND THROUGHOUT SEPTEMBER FOR ANNUAL PASSHOLDERS!
Now is your chance to beat the queues and enjoy a selection of your favourite rides before everyone else! Early ride access is for a limited time only, so don’t miss out!
You can access the Theme Park through a designated entrance beating the crowds from 9:15 until 9:40! To avoid disappointment ensure you attend for 9:15 to guarantee entrance.
Simply book your space here www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/early-ride-acces ... 3021227843 and present your Annual Pass and access.
**T&C’s - Valid Annual Pass Holders only, ride access from 9:30am, Final entrance to Early Ride Access will be at 9:40am. This offer is only available on the 13th,14th,20th,21st,27th & 28th of September 2014. The Early access offering is limited to availability.

Taken from the Merling Annual Pass Facebook Page

SamTP
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:36 pm

Does anyone know if theres a new map for brick-or-treat?

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:13 pm

It would appear that Legoland are getting a new ride in the new area Heartlake City. A Disk-o, similar to Kobra, but without the bunny hop. Images can be found on the Theme Park Guide website. http://www.themeparkguide.biz/news/wild-ride-emerges-from-woods-of-windsor

Zachary
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:17 pm

Dom wrote:
It would appear that Legoland are getting a new ride in the new area Heartlake City. A Disk-o, similar to Kobra, but without the bunny hop. Images can be found on the Theme Park Guide website. http://www.themeparkguide.biz/news/wild-ride-emerges-from-woods-of-windsor

I'm surprised this hasn't been advertised more heavily, its been a while since they got a major ride.

Dan
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun May 17, 2015 4:09 pm

Mia's Riding Adventure has begun testing

http://themeparkguide.biz/component/k2/ ... ts-testing

Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 24, 2015 12:07 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z1cc58vUbc
The new Heartlake City LEGO friends show!

Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 25, 2015 8:21 am

Sorry for the double post, but

Off ride POV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by lewis97 on Mon May 25, 2015 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed Link

Jared
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 29, 2015 5:29 pm

That looks like a shockingly bad addition, literally just shoehorned in there! Terrible!

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Fri May 29, 2015 8:01 pm

I have to disagree but also agree at the same time. I feel that it is the best thing that could have happened, considering it wasn't what was originally planned for this year. A lot of the parks try to just attract families and some themed area's screaming out for males only. This is an area primarily themed towards the young girls and i think its a great move by the park. Lets just hope they actually get permission for the haunted house as that would be amazing. But i guess we will have to wait and see

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sun May 31, 2015 11:08 pm

I do agree with Jared, it looks like a last minute addition.

However, I guess it is better than JCB land..

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:42 pm

Whilst it isn't the best attraction, it is better than nothing. Legoland have been desperate for a new ride and they have Alton-sized planning issues.

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:37 pm

I've tried a Disk-O like this at BPB and it was good! I probably wouldn't ride because of the theme, but it looks like a good addition. Slightly squished in, but I think the park need something like this.
Check out my NoLimits 2 creations here
"I'm a bit sad that you can't at least look round without being blamed for 75% of all kidnappings ever"

Smiffy107
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:16 am

I've only been to Logoland once in my entire life and that was when I was about 10 or 11, was fantastic fun, although I would LOVE to go with my nephew in the future we would both love it!
The woman asked 'spare a farthing for a beggar', the earl cruelly dismissed her, and instructed his driver to head back to the towers, scorned the old woman screamed the curse 'FOR EVERY BRANCH OF THE OLD OAK THAT FALLS, A MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY WILL DIE!'

SamTP
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:08 pm

On-ride POV of Mia's Riding Adventure at Legoland:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmx_J0KwYkk

On-ride POV of Dino Safari at Legoland:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_K_rdurZaA

POV of Atlantis at Legoland:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3St2OTNrbY

POV of Fairy Tale Brook at Legoland: