UK theme parks from another point of view!

Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Legoland Windsor: Hotel 2012/2011 and other rides!

Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:49 pm

Video of the Stars wars miniland online here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIv-nDLgPlE
It is a lot better in real life, with lots of awesome lighting and moving models!
Last edited by Rocket on Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Islander
TT Member
TT Member

Re: LegoLand Windsor: new ride in 2012, Rocket Racers site

Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:50 pm

Had a good look around Star Wars Miniland Experience today, and whilst I'm not going to post photos until after Friday (think it's only fair to respect the fact that the park's not publicly open yet - I have hundreds, though, so will have plenty up sooner or later :P), I will share some thoughts:

On the whole, though I really, really didn't expect to leave with this opinion, I really like it :). I would like it a lot more if it hadn't replaced Rocket Racers (the queueline of which is still more or less intact, even with a 'building room' instruction guide still in place if you look hard enough :| ), but if you ignore the building's legacy, it's a great little attraction in its own right.

The models are intricate and look good (though a couple of scenes are a little sparse), but what's very impressive is the soundscape, lighting and effects. Each scene has a button which can be used to activate a sequence of lighting, sound and motion effects. All three sync perfectly, with the 'action' audio track mixing perfectly with the 'general ambience' track. The motion is very good, from a small dancing band to a massive hovering ship (apologies, I've yet to see Star Wars, so no idea on names :oops:), and the audio is all original stuff from the films.

The attraction exits (though Racers' old exit) into the Creation Centre a massive Star Wars shop. Yep, that's right, the whole ground floor of the Creation Centre has been converted to a Star Wars store (with the crown jewels section now a storage area), whilst upstairs has become... a discount store. Didn't realise we were saying goodbye to the Creation Centre as well :(. (Model Makers is still there).

Admittedly the attraction was as good as empty whilst we were having an in-depth look (except for three actors!), and I do worry what it'll be like when it's full of screaming kids, but overall, much better than I was expecting. Now, can't we move it elsewhere and bring Racers back? [-o<

Dormiens-Dave

Re: Legoland Windsor: Hotel 2012/2011 and other rides!

Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:10 pm

Right i'm going to do this publicly so everyone can see where we stand with advertising on TTF

Please do not link into another site when the content of that site could easily be posted directly into this forum. Linking to another forum is simply seen by the community as "advertising" and is a sly and underhand way of marketing your product.

Obviously where the content is unique to the site and relevant to the topic (such as the TowersNerd live events) then feel free to link but it goes against the etiquette of internet forums to link the way has been done on this and other topics.

We have a traffic boost topic please make use of it for advertising your site/ forum

Thank you

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:53 pm

I'm dissapointed to hear the Creation Centre has been replaced by a shop, especially since the big shop is just next door. But overall the attraction sounds good.
ImageImage

Cheese

Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:07 pm

I have to say I'm disappointed to hear the Creation Centre's gone too. There were some very impressive models in there, though as it wasn't very busy when I was last there I can see why the park may have decided it wasn't the best use of space.

A discount store upstairs. Hmm. Sort of off-topic, but Lego's damned expensive to start with. They'd need to give a large discount on sets to offer manageable prices!

jordanc44
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:44 pm

Don't think its been mentioned in here yet, but the wave surfer has been re-themed to the 'SQUID Surfer' to match the Atlantis theme. The gondola's are now yellow and feature the SQUID logo on the side. In doing so, this makes the nearby jungle themed games stalls feel a bit out of place... Also, i know there isn't a set theme as per say for adventure land, but at present, there seems to be a slight mis-match... Predominantly speaking about Dino Safari, which since the re-location of the Dino Dipper remains the only dino/jungle themed attraction in adventure land. Wouldn't it be better if the whole area was re-themed to match Atlantis? Or, i know there is little space in that area, but perhaps there is room for development to make dino safari feel less out of place?

And also, does anyone know if any improvements such as a center-piece have been added to Knights Quest this season?
2012- Alton Towers - 3 | Thorpe Park - 1 | Legoland - 1 | Chessington World of Adventures - 0 |

Benjy Alton Towers Kid
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:45 pm

Johno wrote:
This should have been done a long long long time ago.

Yes. Like when I was younger :( I doubt I'll be visiting there in the near future.
Theme Parks are my way of life.

Benjy Alton Towers Kid :)
Keep smiling!!! :)

Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:54 pm

Knights quest does indeed now have a centre piece, it is basically a castle turret made out of Lego. I think the ride cars needs a repaint to purple or merlin wizard blue to match knights kingdom.

Will04
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:03 pm

I just thought I'd say what a great time I had at Legoland last week for the first time since 2009. The park was very empty, which was awesome. The hotel looks very nice and very Lego - that dragon at the entrance is impressive! Atlantis was a fun experience, although perhaps could be longer as the main City of Atlantis part of the ride feels way too short. The interactivity was a good touch, though. Staff were excellent throughout the park.

I didn't like the "new" Pirates Landing; with the exception of the entrance sign, soundtrack and the Jolly Rocker, there is no noticeable difference from Wild Woods. I would have thought that they could have added some extra Lego models around the area, but no. It's a shame that they didn't take the opportunity to add some new scenes to Pirate Falls seeing that they changed its name (I noticed that going up into the pirate "shack", the large head which used to swing is still broken).

Star Wars Miniland was good fun, although I am still mourning the loss of Rocket Racers. I wonder whether they will ever add extra scenes to Star Wars Miniland in the old upstairs Rocket Racers building - perhaps the Death Star, or a Star Destroyer would be good additions?

Anyway, all in all, I had a brilliant time and am much looking forward to returning again!

:D

Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:40 pm

Will04 wrote:

Star Wars Miniland was good fun, although I am still mourning the loss of Rocket Racers. I wonder whether they will ever add extra scenes to Star Wars Miniland in the old upstairs Rocket Racers building - perhaps the Death Star, or a Star Destroyer would be good additions?

Glad you enjoyed your day, I also miss rocket racers :(
They cannot add anything upstairs anymore as it is currently the extension to the model makers workshop so cannot be built in.
But star wars should be improved, since opening day more effect such as flashing lights in the first scene have been added.

Will04
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:26 pm

SamJ wrote:
Will04 wrote:

Glad you enjoyed your day, I also miss rocket racers :(
They cannot add anything upstairs anymore as it is currently the extension to the model makers workshop so cannot be built in.

Ah, I never realised that! But I still think that there is room for improvement, modelwise; unlike the main Miniland, there was nothing that really wowed me in Star Wars, as none of the models were particularly big, so I reckon that a large model (eg. Death Star) for the whole area would complete it.

Islander
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:29 pm

The Millennium Falcon wasn't big enough for you then? :P

Will04
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:15 pm

Islander wrote:
The Millennium Falcon wasn't big enough for you then? :P

No.  ;)

Only joking, the Millennium Falcon was of a good size, but still felt small compared to the numerous human-sized models (or larger) in and around the park, and was also very much one set part of a scene. Something really big, making its own separate scene would be awesome.  :D

xtraterrestrial
TT Member
TT Member

Legoland Windsor 2013

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:30 pm

Not particularly big news, but Duplo Land is being improved for 2013 (subject to planning permission of course):

http://www.themeparks-uk.com/legoland-w ... -land.html
www.ThemeParks-UK.com - your guide to the top 5!

altontowers101
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Legoland Windsor 2013

Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:53 am

that seems quite cool but i used to loove the mole-in-one golf

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Legoland 2014

Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:32 am

If there is already a topic like this, I apologise because I used the search function, and nothing came up ...

So I went to legoland Windsor yesterday, and I hadn't been in 2 years, so I made sure to pick up a map as I entered the park. It was useful and got me around the park well.

What I noticed in the "pirate's landing" area (on the map) was a sign that said the following:

"AHOY!
A NEW ADEVENTURE SETS SAIL in 2014."

What do we think?
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

Danny
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Re: Legoland 2014

Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:25 pm

Maybe a pirate ship like blade

raxworthy
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:47 pm

theme park guide have one of the  plan of what it look like
http://www.themeparkguide.biz/news-page ... oming-2014

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:35 pm

danny.g97 wrote:

They have one! http://www.legoland.co.uk/Explore/Activ ... ly-Rocker/

raxworthy wrote:

You mean it's just an extension to the play area? That's a bit of an anti-climax!

Anything else we know?
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

Rollermad
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:29 am

Ilovecoasters wrote:
danny.g97 wrote:

They have one! http://www.legoland.co.uk/Explore/Activ ... ly-Rocker/

raxworthy wrote:

You mean it's just an extension to the play area? That's a bit of an anti-climax!

Anything else we know?

I believe it is just a play ground extension..

What they really need is some queue killers. Or a lower people limit.

EDIT: Bump sorry, but its only 2 active topics in this anyway ;/