Love Legoland? Discuss here.
Team TTSP
User

Ladyofthelake

Haunted House Experience Plans Submitted

by Ladyofthelake » Tue May 13, 2014 6:49 pm

Legoland Windsor Resort has submitted plans for an all new Haunted House attraction. Located in the northern part of the site, the all new attraction will be situated to the south east of the ‘Boating School’ and ‘Driving School’.

Described in plans as a ‘Haunted House Ride Experience’ visitors will enter the new attraction through a themed queue line featuring a graveyard and spider’s web, before entering from the front entrance which will replicate a traditional haunted house and be based on the current Lego ‘Monster Fighters’ brand. Once inside, guests will experience a 10 metre drop tower ride experience, similar to that currently used at Alton Towers Resort’s Nemesis: Sub Terra. In order to accommodate the new attraction a range of landscaping works will be carried out including the widening of existing footpaths.

It is anticipated that the proposals will be given the go ahead as the site for the new attractions is within a pre-agreed major development site. If approved it is expected the new ride will open in March 2015.

What are your thoughts on the new Haunted House ride for 2014? Discuss your thoughts below and don’t forget to keep an eye on www.facebook.com/southparks for all the latest news.
TT Member
User

ThrillJunkie

Re: Haunted House Experience Plans Submitted

by ThrillJunkie » Thu May 15, 2014 6:28 pm

I like the idea of a "Haunted House" type attraction at Legoland but I'm getting a bit bored of these ABC drop towers. As long as there is more to this attraction than just a drop tower I'm happy. An indoor interactive walk through would suite this theme rather well with the tower ride as the finale.
Check out my Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/thrilljunkie99]
TT Member
User

Ayliffe

by Ayliffe » Fri May 16, 2014 4:44 pm

Sounds like a good idea to have a haunted house at Legoland with a drop tower, but that Monster Fighters Lego theme came out TWO YEARS AGO and only one of the sets from that range is still sold at the moment (this one: http://brickset.com/sets/10228-1/Haunted-House ) and its only available online and in official lego stores. However, the ride itself is promising and the outside building will probably look like the set above (or similar at least) and its better than just another little kid's ride.
Forum Leader
User

DannyG

by DannyG » Fri May 16, 2014 5:13 pm

So I didn't realise that the plans hadn't been posted on here so the link is here:
http://www.rbwm.gov.uk/pam/view.jsp?ID= ... 251%2FFULL

If you click on attached documents is has lots of pictures showing what the building and area will look like. It looks like there will be two drop towers, either side of the building with the queue being towards the front sides of the building. Still looks very promising :)
TT Member
User

Ayliffe

by Ayliffe » Fri May 16, 2014 7:58 pm

The front of the building will probably look like an extended version of this:
I wasn't expecting the back to look like that though. Looks like the Monster fighter's refuge perhaps?
TT Member
User

Owen

by Owen » Sun May 18, 2014 9:41 am

Well here are is the promo for Ghost-The Haunted House Legoland Billind

And a planning picture for Windsor

I think we might be seeing a Tower of Terror type of ride with multiple Legolands opening one over the next ten or so years...
Forum Leader
User

DannyG

by DannyG » Sun May 18, 2014 10:16 am

Well I love the look of this ride, and it looks very promising for LLW. But it really annoys me that most Legoland's have the same rides! LLW doesn't really have anything unique or special about it, it even lost its technic test track ride to Florida! I think It needs some serious investing in to the park to compete.
TT Member
User

Ayliffe

by Ayliffe » Mon May 19, 2014 4:08 pm

Billund's also posted a video about their version with a model of the ride building there (in lego! :D ) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... HjFbLYQHz4
I can see some elements of the backstory and the rest of the ride (eg: the mad scientist and the other rooms in the house) being the same in windsor but the whole story about Old Pete is probably never going to happen here (the only reason for old pete is to tie it in with the western area its located in there, but in windsor we sadly don't have that :( )
TT Member
User

Eirdy

by Eirdy » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:23 pm

This sounds great!
I love ghost trains, dark rides ETC and I love LEGO so this should be great for me!
TT Member
User

Burniel

by Burniel » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:34 pm

This is a great move, LEGOLAND have convinced me that they are worth visiting! :)
Ride Count 2017: 0 ;( (MAP arrives soon!)
Ride Count 2014-17: 710
Unique Coaster Count: 54

Formerly Dan.B
Forum Leader
User

Dom

by Dom » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:42 am

Looking back at the picture for this, why does it say on the sign New 2014? Has the ride opened? or is it just an error?

The reason i ask is because i just looked at the website and couldn't find anything about it.

Edit: Never mind. I have just worked it out.
Team TTSP
User

Ladyofthelake

by Ladyofthelake » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:35 pm

The local planning authority have recommended approval of the haunted house plans. It's not a final decision, however it is now almost certain to get the go ahead.

Full details can be found in the SouthParks news article
TT Member
User

Ryan.B

by Ryan.B » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:50 am

Once this opens it might just have persuaded me to come down to London and do everything on the merlin annual pass in 5 days! Looks amazing and I'm looking forward to construction if there is any pictures.
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net
Forum Leader
User

Dom

by Dom » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:27 pm

According to Windsorexpress.co.uk , planning permission was refused for this.

Link to Article : http://www.windsorexpress.co.uk/News/Ar ... 082014.htm

Whether this is a reliable source or not is yet to be seen. Thought i would just share with everyone, so everyone can make up their own mind as to trust it or not
TT Member
User

Burniel

by Burniel » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:01 pm

I trust it from experience with driving to LEGOLAND, it seems likely. I find it extremely annoying as I really wanted to go on this, and it'd be the one attraction to get me back to the park.

I think that all it needs is for a few non-development years to go by, and for them to realise LLW is going to be congested anyway and let it go ahead.
Ride Count 2017: 0 ;( (MAP arrives soon!)
Ride Count 2014-17: 710
Unique Coaster Count: 54

Formerly Dan.B
TT Member
User

Ryan.B

by Ryan.B » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:40 am

That is unbelievable, stopping building a ride because of congestion, when I went on one of the busiest days last year the traffic wasn't that bad, what next, are all theme parks going to be banned from adding rides in the future because of traffic, this article is t true I think, it's a theme park, of course it's going to get congested like anywhere else when it's busy!
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net
Team TTSP
User

lewis97

by lewis97 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:21 am

Unfortunately these are the things that the local council considers, when a park proposes a new attraction. Often this has meant that Merlin have paid out for something that helps reduce congestion. We shall have to see whether they do so in this situation, or abandon the plans altogether.
Site Owner
User

Baffles

by Baffles » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:25 am

It frustrates me that the council even have the power to make a decision like this.

Stating that the park cannot build this attraction or any others that are likely to increase visitor number is ridiculous. The park should put the ball back in their court and ask how they are supposed to keep the attraction alive and interesting without adding new attractions.. I bet they won't have an answer.
Team TTSP
User

Ladyofthelake

by Ladyofthelake » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:55 pm

It would seem that there may be some hope for the Haunted House.

Legoland have lodged an appeal with the local council against the refusal of the planning permission as detailed in SouthParks news. We don't yet have a date for the decision of the appeal, however I would have thought that there is at least a reasonable chance of success for the appeal to have been put in. I certainly hope that the appeal is successful as I think it would be a great addition to the park and give the ride line up a good, solid new addition.
Forum Leader
User

Dom

by Dom » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:02 pm

Thats great news. I really hope they get permission as i agree, i do think it would be a great new addition to park.
Next