UK theme parks from another point of view!

TTSP Community Awards 2017
Results have now been announced. Click here!

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Haunted House Experience Plans Submitted

Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:50 am

Once this opens it might just have persuaded me to come down to London and do everything on the merlin annual pass in 5 days! Looks amazing and I'm looking forward to construction if there is any pictures.
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:27 pm

According to Windsorexpress.co.uk , planning permission was refused for this.

Link to Article : http://www.windsorexpress.co.uk/News/Ar ... 082014.htm

Whether this is a reliable source or not is yet to be seen. Thought i would just share with everyone, so everyone can make up their own mind as to trust it or not

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:01 pm

I trust it from experience with driving to LEGOLAND, it seems likely. I find it extremely annoying as I really wanted to go on this, and it'd be the one attraction to get me back to the park.

I think that all it needs is for a few non-development years to go by, and for them to realise LLW is going to be congested anyway and let it go ahead.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:40 am

That is unbelievable, stopping building a ride because of congestion, when I went on one of the busiest days last year the traffic wasn't that bad, what next, are all theme parks going to be banned from adding rides in the future because of traffic, this article is t true I think, it's a theme park, of course it's going to get congested like anywhere else when it's busy!
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:21 am

Unfortunately these are the things that the local council considers, when a park proposes a new attraction. Often this has meant that Merlin have paid out for something that helps reduce congestion. We shall have to see whether they do so in this situation, or abandon the plans altogether.

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:25 am

It frustrates me that the council even have the power to make a decision like this.

Stating that the park cannot build this attraction or any others that are likely to increase visitor number is ridiculous. The park should put the ball back in their court and ask how they are supposed to keep the attraction alive and interesting without adding new attractions.. I bet they won't have an answer.

TheBeast
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Legoland Windsor - The Future

Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:15 pm

Not really seen anything new one nere in a while - have we just given up on Legoland? ;)
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:26 am

TheBeast wrote:
Not really seen anything new one nere in a while - have we just given up on Legoland? ;)

No, it's just that nothing's happening at LEGOLAND.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:54 am

I swear i remember seeing something somewhere, but i have no idea what i saw or where i saw it, but i swear on the Brick or Treat park map there was a little bubble that said something about 2015. I think it was regarding a re-theme of an area. But i'm not 100% sure of what i saw, so i could be wrong. I have been trying to find a Brick or Treat park map from this year, but so far haven't had any luck.

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:11 pm

Legoland originally planned to build a new haunted house attraction for the 2015 season, as detailed in SouthParks' news article. However, the attraction was refused planning permission due to concerns about the levels of traffic going to and from the resort.

This has meant the resort has had to have a major re-think of their 2015 plans as, even if they successfully appealed the planning decision, they have sadly missed the building window to get the attraction open for next season. I believe there is going to be a small area themed to the Lego Friends brand (as hinted on the maps at the end of the main season. Unfortunately I don't have a copy to check). I'm not sure exactly what this will include, but it certainly isn't what the resort was hoping would be their main 2015 attraction.

Luce
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:41 pm

It's a shame the application was refused as I think the haunted house attraction sounded good, but I guess the planners have to take a lot of things into consideration, including traffic. Maybe the park will look to open something for 2016 instead.

TheBeast
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:58 am

Yeah, I agree. I think a haunted house would make a great addition, it wouldn't surprise me if they keep trying to get it made because of this. its all about public opinion though...I guess if the locals don't want it, it cant be built. The biggest pity is that they didn't have the common sense to move somewhere that there wasn't a theme park.
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:17 am

The reason given for the application's refusal was the potential increase in traffic, which was obviously deemed to be too great to authorise the plans. If this continues to be a significant issue it could make it hard for any major new developments at the park. However, Merlin may offer to fund a roadwork project to ease congestion as a way of getting around this.

Danny
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:06 pm

Considering this was a fairly small project, the future isn't looking bright for the expansion of Legoland Windsor unless Merlin offer to pay towards improving road works

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:51 pm

DannyG wrote:
Considering this was a fairly small project, the future isn't looking bright for the expansion of Legoland Windsor unless Merlin offer to pay towards improving road works

The expansion isn't necessary. My personal opinion is that the park's priority should be improving park operations (especially throughputs!), and updating older areas.

Updates of older areas work has begun already - Pirate Shores (2014) and Kingdom of the Pharaohs (2009).

Yes, the expansion would have been great, and would have brought me back to LEGOLAND, but if I started hearing reviews highlighting improved park operations, I'd head back.

Savva0122
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:52 pm

Hi problems with the Haunted House at Legoland Windsor; Lego Friends to be built now
[from Screamscape]

LEGO Friends / Heartlake City - Confirmed - (1/2/15) LEGOLAND Windsor will be adding Heartlake City in 2015, the LEGO Friends themed area similar to what is being built at the California park also for 2015. They parks haven't offered much in the way of details of what this is however, other than this: “Featuring a mix of character meet and greets, a live action music show featuring all five friends, a Heartlake City Mall themed area, and new attractions - the new land opening in early summer is guaranteed to delight and enthrall.”
Unfortunately, this looks like a last second replacement for the proposed Ghost: The Haunted House attraction (see below) that was planned for 2015, but put on indefinite hold when the local government refused to give permission for it.

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Legoland Windsor to Make Improvements for 2015

Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:16 pm

Legoland Windsor have revealed they will be making a range of improvements for the new season this year. Amongst them will be re-vamps of the Lego City area - including new additions to to both the Driving School and Boating School, and the addition of a new Lego Friends area in the early summer. SouthParks have a news article with the full details.

It's certainly interesting to see these latest developments at Legoland - especially as the improvements to the Driving and Boating Schools will create some addition capacity. I can't help thinking though that these improvements could be replacement plans put in place as a result of the refusal of the Haunted House application.

It will certainly be interesting to see how these latest developments turn out.

Jamie
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Legoland Windsor to Make Improvements for 2015

Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:42 pm

Glad to see that Boating School is having it's capacity increased, as it was dire.

Nath89
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:11 am

New roundabout sign.

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:05 pm

Nice! :D