UK theme parks from another point of view!

stageshoot
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Merlin Annual Pass

Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:16 am

Dropkick10 they are still selling VIP Passes It has the call to order number on the site that still works.. The Waiting list one was lsft below it for some (Illogical Merlin) Reason...

As for sales, people who paid last week have just got boxes with pass numbers 490ish

So its crawling to 500 but its a long slow crawl this year.

I think Merlin were a bit to confident this year and its not gone all their way with renewals and new sales..

Would not be suprised to see the VIP Pass in the Christmas sale at the same price for Newbies that renewers paid...

As AndyMc Said it is a good value pass but its getting the money in the till they seem to have a problem with..

fabiasimon
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:49 am

To be honest, I would love to get the VIP pass but as a family of 5 it is purely not cost effective for us to do so. Think the pass is not aimed at families but more enthusiasts that don't have kids etc (Or the mega rich :-))

Me and my family had been annual passholders for 4 years and Always renewed our pass during the January sale (even though our passes don't expire until July) Due to the massive increase in price (£150 for the family) we chose not to renew this year. I did try contacting merlin in January to explain but they wouldn't budge on their prices, even though the pass prior to the sale was cheaper for us.
I still agree the pass is excellent value for money, but at such a big increase (35%) I just couldnt justify it.

I was one of the 22 complaints to ASA and following the report put out last week I contacted merlin again and they agreed to let my family renew at the prior 26th December pricing........happy days :D

I now have 3 very happy kids.

TheSmilerMan
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:25 am

FLASH MAP SALE!

Premium MAP - £179
Standard MAP - £129

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:56 pm

VIPs get a maze ticket again this year (I wasn't offered one on Saturday, not sure why) for a single run through of Molly Crowe, Terror of the Towers & Sub Species: The Endgames.

May decide to make a few extra trips if that's the case. They were worth the £16 anyway so not too bothered. Don't think I'd wait in the queue for ToTT or Molly Crowe again though unless queues were really down.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

Speedy_no1
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:56 pm

Question
With v.i.p passes you get celebration tickets so friends can get a free unlimited fast track as well? How many of them do you get in your pack?

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:46 pm

You get 2 x celebration tickets per VIP pack.

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:37 am

I've now only found out after 16 months you can use golden tickets in exchange for entry/fast track for a friend similar to the Celebration Tickets included in the VIP pack. The communication between Merlin & client regarding what VIP offers is truly bizarre. It seems unless you hound them via email/pm your knowledge is somewhat limited.

addis
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:35 pm

Are Merlin likely to have a "sale" again this year?

When would be a good time to purchase my renewal, now or after the new year???

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:12 pm

addis wrote:
Are Merlin likely to have a "sale" again this year?

When would be a good time to purchase my renewal, now or after the new year???

It seems Merlin are hinting at the usual January sale...

addis
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:36 pm

Last year Merlin conned us all by having sale prices higher than the previous years standard price.

If that is the case the I should renew now rather than waiting... decisions decisions!!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:44 pm

They then got in trouble with the Advertising Standards Authority, who warned them against doing something similar again, so hopefully that shouldn't be the case this year.

JCP
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:21 pm

lewis97 wrote:
They then got in trouble with the Advertising Standards Authority, who warned them against doing something similar again, so hopefully that shouldn't be the case this year.

They were told they were being naughty and the ASA upheld 4/5 complaints - only warning against repeating adverts in their current form that had appeared before 22nd December 2014. The MAP office have long wanted to break the tradition of people simply leaving renewals until the January sale as the sales focus shifted to first time purchases a few years back.

It's highly likely there will be a sale, but I wouldn't presume it'll be quite the savings it has been previously especially when the MAP itself is quite the bargain.

Altonaction
TT Member
TT Member

Standard vs Premium MAP?

Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:43 pm

Hi guys, I'm thinking of getting a pass next year. What's the difference between the Merlin Standard and Premium Passes?
Is it worth going for the Premium pass or is the Standard pass good enough? Your feedback is much appreciated, thanks! :)

Jack
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Re: Standard vs Premium MAP?

Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:44 pm

I would say definitely get the premium in the January sale, I have no idea what I would do without mine as it does so much :)

Altonaction
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Standard vs Premium MAP?

Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:48 pm

Hi Jack, thanks for your reply. What more do you get with the Premium than the Standard Pass? What am I missing out on the Premium Pass, if I get a Standard Pass?

Jack
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:01 pm

There is a side-by-side comparison as to what each pass provides here (note that these could change for 2016); http://merlinannualpass.co.uk/compare-passes.aspx :)
Last edited by Jack on Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dannyski
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:02 pm

I think there will be some extra perks involved in 2016, we were lucky enough to do the Digital Plus Photo Trial this year and a lot of the questions we were asked involved the value we'd place upon having digital photos included with the passes.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:43 pm

So the Merlin Annual Pass sale is now on, with a TV advert also being released. Prices are as follows;

New Passes

Standard
Individual - £119pp
Family - £99pp

Premium
Individual - £149pp
Family - £119pp

Renewals

Standard
Individual - £109pp
Family - £89pp

Premium
Individual - £139pp
Family - £109pp

owenrita121
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:51 pm

I'm made up with this sale! The premium pass is extremely good value! First time I've got an MAP, I can't wait to collect it!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.

Dannyski
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:06 pm

Well that's a surprise that there is nothing for the photo passes included but maybe they'll offer it as an add on at some point. The prices are good though.