Discussions about other parks and attractions within the European area.

Oakwood

TT Member
User

MakoMania

Re: Oakwood

by MakoMania » Tue May 31, 2016 3:03 pm

They'll be giving Merlin ideas.....
Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the signature!

Infinity Falls; World's tallest river rapids opening summer 2018 at SeaWorld Orlando!

SeaWorld has rescued over 30,000 animals!
Forum Leader
User

Dom

by Dom » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:35 pm

According to RCDB.com, Oakwood is apparently getting a 'new' coaster for 2017. The former Space Coaster from M&D's theme park in Scotland is apparently going to be the new coaster. Here is the said page from RCDB
TT Member
User

Altontowersbarlow

by Altontowersbarlow » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:01 pm

I realise that smaller theme parks are tight for money but this seems like an incredibly poor investment and almost seems quite lazy. When you see what parks like Paultons Park are doing with investments like The Lost Kingdom it doesn't reflect very well on parks like Oakwood that are investing in poor travelling rides. Again, I realise every parks financial circumstance is different, but why invest in a cheap low quality attraction as opposed to saving that money for an eventual higher quality attraction. I realise that parks need new attractions to attract customers but this just seems like a total waste of money that will lower the parks reputation in my opinion. If it pays off for them brilliant but I think this is honestly news of the parks unfortunate decline.
TT Member
User

Liam.W

by Liam.W » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:44 pm

Having just looked at pictures of the said coaster online the restraint looks so flimsy! I hope there is no air time on this as the weight of the person could snap it :lol
Ride count 2017: 64!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 575!
Cred count: 62!

Thanks to NemesisRider for the awesome signature!
TT Member
User

Burniel

by Burniel » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:23 pm

Altontowersbarlow wrote:I realise that smaller theme parks are tight for money but this seems like an incredibly poor investment and almost seems quite lazy. When you see what parks like Paultons Park are doing with investments like The Lost Kingdom it doesn't reflect very well on parks like Oakwood that are investing in poor travelling rides. Again, I realise every parks financial circumstance is different, but why invest in a cheap low quality attraction as opposed to saving that money for an eventual higher quality attraction. I realise that parks need new attractions to attract customers but this just seems like a total waste of money that will lower the parks reputation in my opinion. If it pays off for them brilliant but I think this is honestly news of the parks unfortunate decline.

I completely agree - such a shame given the fantastic-looking coasters currently at the park.

Personally, I think the park's failure is down mostly to marketing - whilst not the best themed, Oakwood's rides seem more than good enough to provoke a re-visit. It's just getting people through the gates that's the issue.
Ride Count 2017: 83
Ride Count 2014-17: 793

Forum Leader
User

Dom

by Dom » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:12 pm

Oakwood's 'new' coaster is apparently going to be called Flight of the Giant Peach
TT Member
User

Theo

by Theo » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:35 pm

Does anyone know how much they paid for this?!? Anywhere upwards of around about £5.60 seems like a waste of money to me.
Forum Leader
User

Dom

by Dom » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:45 pm

Some images of construction for Flight of the Giant Peach are now on RCDB.com
Community Advocate
User

Jack

by Jack » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:13 am

This is totally the best ride opening in 2017
TT Member
User

MakoMania

by MakoMania » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:13 am

Jack wrote:This is totally the best ride opening in 2017

Scary thing is you're probably right
Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the signature!

Infinity Falls; World's tallest river rapids opening summer 2018 at SeaWorld Orlando!

SeaWorld has rescued over 30,000 animals!
TT Member
User

Smiler313

by Smiler313 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:19 am

It has an OK throughput though for when the big crowds come! ;)
'You are now embarking on an Optical procedure'
Team Admin
User

Tom

by Tom » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:12 pm

Damn it Oakwood, why.
TT Member
User

Ryan.B

by Ryan.B » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:59 pm

Bulky, metallike OTSR'S on a coaster that doesn't need them and is rough. Where do I sign up?
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net
TT Member
User

hell lepard

by hell lepard » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:42 pm

According to comments on facebook bounce is permanently closed now
Previous