UK theme parks from another point of view!

We are recruiting! A fantastical opportunity has arisen for someone to join Team TTSP as a Forum Moderator. See TTSP News & Your Views for more details.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Toverland

Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:27 am

Toverland have today announced details of their 2018 plans - all of which is available to see on the 2018 minisite.

Today's announcement has confirmed the recent rumours that the new area, opening in summer 2018, will be called Avalon. This is "inspired by the Celtic legend around the famous wizard Merlin and King Arthur and his magical sword Excalibur".

The most exciting thing is of course the B&M wing coaster, now revealed to be called Fēnix.

Transformed into this beautiful creature. He makes its maiden flight, on his way to the next destination. This mythical bird bursts into flames once every 777 years, only to be magically reborn and to resurrect from its ashes.

Facts & Figures:
  • Construction: Bolliger & Mabillard
  • Type: Wing Coaster
  • Height: 40 metres
  • Total length: 813 metres
  • Maximum speed: 95 km/u
  • Inversions: 3
  • Seats: 24 riders per train
  • Trains: 2 trains, each containing six coaches
  • Duration: 2 minutes, boarding and disembarking not included
  • Capacity: 1,000 riders per hour
  • Minimal length: 1.40 metres

The new area will also include Merlin's Quest, a boat ride from MACK Rides.

The heart of Avalon: ‘Tir na nÓg’, the source of eternal life. Word is that Merlin has seen this place first-hand and obtained eternal life as a result.

Discover Tir na nÓg.
You will feel reborn.

Facts & Figures:
  • Constructor: MACK Rides
  • Type: Boat ride
  • Total length: 430 metres
  • Boats: 14
  • Seats: 16 per boat
  • Duration: 12 minutes
  • Capacity: 950 persons per hour

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:40 am

This looks really good. I hope when its built that it actually looks like the concept art. The Wing coaster looks quite generic, but i'm sure it will be a fun ride. The boat ride looks like it will be heavily themed as well which ls rather exciting too!
Even the good can fall from grace

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:50 pm

This park has always been a favourite of mine. Troy is excellent and each addition seems to be adding more theming and immersion. 

The layout of the B&M very much reminds me of Gatekeeper, though it's a lot prettier and will look absolutely amazing swooping over the lake. 

It looks like I now have an excuse to start planning a return trip!

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:48 pm

Interestingly, you can see the beginning is more or less identical to Flug Der Daemonen up until the Immelmann - dive drop, low airtime hill then immelmann (only main change is Flug rolls right on the dive drop, and Fenix seems to roll left due to the turn). Also the 6 car trains are another similarity to Flug Der Daemonen. That helix following the Immelmann could be quite intense - so I'm interested to see how it turns out! Only complaint is the layout after the zero-G seems to lose a bit of the excitement. Otherwise, Toverland could have a real winner on their hands here! If it's as well themed as other Toverland rides and keeps it's momentum it might well be Europe's best wing coaster!
Check out my NoLimits 2 creations here
"I'm a bit sad that you can't at least look round without being blamed for 75% of all kidnappings ever"

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:29 am

It's a beautiful park that keeps getting better.

I remember attending for the first time in 2004, then went back last year and the difference was astonishing.

Both rides look like great additions. It seems like the Wing Coaster is going to be B&M's most popular ride they sell - quite a few are appearing in the Asian parks as their flagship attractions. I wish more parks would build B&M Floorless coasters which I think are much better rides! Still, this coaster is actually taller and longer then The Swarm, and looks great.

I'll definitely be making a visit next year.