UK theme parks from another point of view!

We are recruiting! A fantastical opportunity has arisen for someone to join Team TTSP as a Forum Moderator. See TTSP News & Your Views for more details.

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Tayto Park

Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:16 pm

I believe the hotel is set to open in 2021/22 from what I've seen. They are getting a junior/family coaster next year, presumably 2 more flats as well. Their biggest investment is set to be in 2019, with a major coaster, which I'm 99% sure will be a Mack or B&M, and there were whispers of the dark ride opening then, and if not then, I expect one in 2020. I'm pretty sure they'll be a coaster in each of the next two years though, can't say for certain what they will be/what else will come, but we've got 3 new attractions by the looks of things on the map this year.

I must say though, it was apparently a bank holiday in Ireland, and the park was quite quiet on Saturday, quite a few walking round, but everything was walk on, when I was on power surge there was literally no one else in the queue, and Cu Chulainn had half full trains at points. Maybe people are waiting for the Viking Voyage, which looks very well themed!
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:22 pm

Viking Voyage will open on the 16th of June!

Photo credit to Tayto Park Facebook.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:07 pm

I really really really like the look of this flume. The level of themeing on this is incredible. Merlin, this. This is what a themed attraction looks like nowadays. Can't wait to see this open and to see what Tayto have up their sleeves next in terms of theming.
Even the good can fall from grace

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:20 pm

It's no wonder a newspaper compared this park with Disneyland! If this park keep the quality up as they add more then it could become a serious competitor for Merlin's British parks.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:20 pm

According to Tayto Park's Instagram story, Viking Voyage has kind of opened today. It looks like its open to the public from 12 tomorrow. Not sure who is riding it in the images posted on their instagram. The shop looks very cool too.
Even the good can fall from grace

TheDuke
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:51 am

As happy that I am at the progress that the park is making I'm actually worried of its future. Its not really advertised, I heard all the news about the new ride from here not in papers or tv and as far as I know it doesn't have enough visitors for a hotel. If the keep the quality up I can see the park getting bigger in 10 or so years and maybe a rebranding