UK theme parks from another point of view!

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Re: PortAventura World

Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:50 pm

This year over at Ferrari Land, the park will open a new coaster, "Junior Red Force"!

The ride will be a Zamperla 'Speedy' Coaster and will open alongside a new kids area.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:28 pm

Here's an image of the new children's area on the map!

Photo credit to PASpace

It now makes sense why the area around the acrobat show was large and spacious!!!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 1126!
Cred count: 73!

JC13
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:29 pm

The childrens area at Ferrari Land has opened today, not heard any opinions yet, but it looks like a decent area. Not sure if Red Force Junior has opened though, as when I was there at the start of April it hadn’t even started being built. There were footers, but no supports or track
Complete credit goes to the BubbleBoi

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:47 pm

Yep, the website says Junior Red Force is not open at the moment. Everything else is though. :)

The new attractions are certainly needed, and will likely be pretty popular with kids. I'm not blown away with the new rides though. I mean, they look reasonably well themed, but I think the problem lies in Ferrari Land as an entire park, and even some areas of PortAventura Park itself – they look a bit bland, Ferrari Land especially.

These pictures are from http://wonderworldweb.over-blog.com

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:01 pm

I think the problem with the park, and the reason why people say it is bland, is due to the Ferrari theme itself.

The park in Abu Dhabi is the same. At least with the Spanish version, they have made a better attempt to install some landmarks from Italy and have some nice landscaping, which is lacking in the original park.

Compared to the lush, incredibly well themed areas of PA, I guess there is only so much can be done when you are basing your park style on a car garage / museum.

Compare Silverstar with Shambhala - a similar example.

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:13 pm

Yes, I agree with that. The theme doesn't really help. The bits that have been themed in Ferrari Land, have been done pretty well. I haven't seen an awful lot of Ferrari World so it's difficult for me to compare. 

One other thing I think contributes to the bland feeling is the lack of trees and vegetation. Sure, there are small plants around, a few trees, but overall, it doesn't look as if there is that much. It just makes it look at bit plain. Obviously with the climate in Spain, it may just be a case of waiting until the current trees and vegetation have grown a bit more. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the park matures.

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:54 pm

It was built on a car park, so will definitely need some time to mature.

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 22, 2018 6:43 pm

Junior Red Force opens at Ferrari Land

Picture by PortAventura.

And...

New Dark Ride announced for PortAventura Park!

Also announced today was that a new dark ride is to be built in the resort's main park, PortAventura Park. The new dark ride will be located in the SésamoAventura themed area and will feature famous Seasme Street characters. The new ride is reportedly costing €15M, and will open in 2019.

This is certainly a good investment for PortAventura, as the one type of ride that they have been lacking has been a good high quality family dark ride, which I'm sure this new dark ride will be able to fill that gap! :)

black_rose2186
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:57 pm

The calendar is still not going past December :( Anyone know the roundabout opening date after the new year? Can’t wait to get a trip booked up!

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:04 am

black_rose2186 wrote:
The calendar is still not going past December :( Anyone know the roundabout opening date after the new year? Can’t wait to get a trip booked up!

You will most likely find that the parks will close for a good 2/3 months, however they are closed quite a few days this year in December, and then January 2019 are closed for a good majority.

So I would assume like previous years they’ll open very late March, early to mid April. Although they have been known to open both parks on Easter.. either way if you book for August the park will definitely be open :)
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”