UK theme parks from another point of view!

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Re: EnergyLandia

Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:20 pm

Energylandia just will not stop! Now the park have announced / put permission in for 3 new major coasters before 2020!

Mine Train
First is a mine Train attraction featuring a maximum of 3 lifts, a maximum height of 15m and a track length at a of approximately 1200m.

Inverted Multi-Launch Coaster
This attraction will have a track length of around 1000M, a height of 35M, 5 inversions and a top speed of around 60MPH!

Then finally the big one...

RMC I-Box
The park are also looking to add a beast of an RMC. Standing at a maximum of 60 meters (making it another ‘hyper RMC’ after Steel Vengeance) and featuring 3 inversions this thing will be awesome! A top speed of around 70mph is also expected with the track being around 1300m long!

Not only this, but the park have also filed for funding to build a “innovative Tilt Coaster”!

This park is seriously getting some insane attractions now, and I cannot wait to see what’s next...

Danny
Contributor
Contributor

Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:57 pm

These expansions certainly sound exciting! Have they given any rough dates other than 2020? If that's the case we could see two per year :D

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:28 pm

All expansions are anticipated between now and 2020 other then the tilt coaster which is yet to be approved! :)

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:04 pm

Lots more information has risen up around the park's 2018 Hyper Coaster in the past couple of weeks!

Firstly, we have the coaster's name: Hyperion! I personally think this is a pretty cool name, and it's great to be able to call it by its full name instead of just "that big hyper". :P

Next up, the park have done a huge update on the coaster's theme and design on their Facebook page. Here is a (very rough) translation of today's information:

The Cosmonauts team is going on a research mission to the distant moon of Saturn. Somewhere in a remote space, the "Hyperion _ 1" ship encounters a black hole and is suddenly drawn into a wormhole. The crew after being time travel reveals a completely different universe and a new, twin to earth planet called hyper novi...
Curious what happens next?
In 2018, this science fiction is going to happen to EnergyLandia thanks to the investment of mega coaster hyperion.
This device we into space of sensations and sensations, we will take you on a remarkable journey into the world of the future, both in terms of feeling and tematyzacji.
From the entrance to the station you will be drawn into space, which will create unique design and special architectural solutions. Detail Tematyzacja will also include ubiquitous media and computer simulations.
Our Ultra-modern hyperion ship is going to cross all possible speed records, altitude, extremities and time limits, setting absolutely extraterrestrial standards!
Due to the launch of the hyperion, a special, film in the history of the parallel world will be created.
The experience will be spectacular and there will be a lot of them, because our hyperion has she a lot of innovative and innovative solutions; among other things, the tunnel, the water effects, the unexpected gravitational effects during a number of returns at the giant size
Hyperion's investment is a powerful project which, apart from the involvement of the vast area, is mobilising giant resources and human capital, putting entertainment at the highest world level. It is worth mentioning that hyperion will be absolutely the only one of its kind - created by the company of Intamin Amusement Rides, on our order, with a unique design, which, among other extreme devices, will be an explosion of sensations and an absolute adventure
The construction of hyperion has already begun - the final work is planned for season 2018!

The park also posted some promotional and concept art, including this one of the station:
More can be found on their Facebook.

Looks like the park is putting the effort into creating a space/sci-fi theme for Hyperion, which is really good to see! :D
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

Xtremecoasters_Official
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:54 am

Hyperion has now been topped off. I really want to try and get to this park this year.

Speed, the new Intamin water coaster is also testing.

A nice picture of the first drop from the front of the boat.

I'm not sure who to credit for the images. They have been shared on so many accounts, not sure who the original poster was.
Last edited by Dan on Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed image links
Gentlemen, start your engines !!

Xtremecoasters_Official
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:01 pm

This park just gets more and more crazy. It looks like they are getting a duel launch coaster as well as an RMC for the 2020 season:

https://rcdb.com/16184.htm

https://rcdb.com/16183.htm

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:04 pm

Where on earth are they getting all this money from??? :lol

Xtremecoasters_Official
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:12 pm

I have no idea. But the stats for the RMC put it just short of Steel Vengeance for height and speed. There will only be 8ft height and 3mph speed difference between the two of them. 

When they both open, it will put the parks coaster count up to 14 coasters in 6 years. That's nuts !

streetmagix
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 01, 2018 5:02 pm

Most of the money is coming from EU grants and loans. As Poland is quite poor (compared to other parts of Europe) they are trying to encourage tourism, in this case with Theme Parks. I don't think there were any large scale ones preexisting. 

Surprised they are going with an RMC, I would have assumed they were using European manufacturers exclusively (I know that RMC is represented by Vekoma so I guess it's technically a Vekoma rather than an RMC?)

Xtremecoasters_Official
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 04, 2018 7:07 pm

Hyperion's track is nearly complete. A fly over video has been put onto YouTube and it looks amazing:

A Speed POV has now also been uploaded onto Youtube:

Xtremecoasters_Official
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:34 am

Hyperion is now testing   :)

Interesting to see they are using a chain lift instead of a cable lift. I thought at first it might have something to do with the cars being 4 seats wide, but then remembered Skyrish uses a cable lift and has similar cars.

I'm seriously thinking about booking flights to Poland after seeing this   :D

Xtremecoasters_Official
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:37 pm

The first official POV is up and it looks stunning. Amazing pacing, the little pops of airtime between the elements should also be great, as Intamin are legends when it comes to airtime on their hypercoasters. 

The lift hill does seem a little on the slow side though Hopefully that will get sped up a little before opening.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous
Topic Author

Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:46 pm

It looks bloody awesome. Energylandia have really been spending the money in recent years on their park and it’s they have really become a park that many enthusiasts want to visit .
Parks, Scares and Glitter on Facebook