UK theme parks from another point of view!

MerlinFan
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Disneyland Paris Refurbishments

Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:31 am

Well I had an amazing time at Disneyland Paris on Saturday - definitely more than made up for my previous poor experience there! The carousel and Space Mountain were open for business and the Rock and Rollercoaster did not disappoint - was definitely my favourite ride and we only queued for about 10 minutes to get on it! We spent over 13 hours in the park (as the finale wasn't on until 11pm) and I thought it was excellent value for money. Want to do it all again!

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:12 pm

With the amount of cash they have, why do Disney close some may rides? Is it because IPs get dated very quickly?
Check out my NoLimits 2 creations here
"I'm a bit sad that you can't at least look round without being blamed for 75% of all kidnappings ever"

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:39 pm

Maybe because ride systems sometimes get a bit old, and not as popular, so they replace/retheme the ride to make it popular again :)
But it still doesn't show why they'd close all rides at the same time :-s

DavidRock
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:24 pm

Thinking of going to DLP September 2016 . I've been to Disney World Florida but my partner has never been so I've suggested DLP as a warmup. Reading the posts above I'm in mixed opinions now. Do you guys reckon it's still worth a visit ?

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:54 pm

Anytime from now to November would be a good time to go as the majority of rides are open, only major ride closed is Its a small world. I'd try and go before Big Thunder Mountain is closed
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

Master_feedback
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:03 pm

When disney bailed out dlp they said the money was to revamp and freshen up the park ... my guess would be that they wanted to get it out of the way prity quick then see if the park stops lossing money then its a numbers game close or spend more money in the hope that paramount london dosent wipe them out anyway ....

Dlp could be on its last chance with disney has it ever made a year end profit?

MerlinFan
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:44 am

DLP is most DEFINITELY worth a visit!! I thought it was amazing - just done 2 days at my beloved Alton Towers which was great but seemed to get overshadowed by the fact I had been to DLP just 2 weeks beforehand. Runaway Mine Train is not quite the same after a ride on Big Thunder Mountain!

Coasterfellow
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:04 pm

All of the people saying how disgusting dlp is. Are you crazy???? have you visited the park???? compared to the rest of the parks in Europe it is unbelievably clean and well kept. You want to find a disgusting park? go to alton towers, thorpe park or chesington.
^Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the Signature! ;)

MerlinFan
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:34 pm

Couldn't agree more. Only thing that did surprise me was that the carousel had been out of action for maintenance and refurbishing work but the horses were looking a bit shabby in places. The saddle of the horse my husband was sitting on had quite considerable damage on the saddle part. I adore this carousel - it's beautiful so it's a shame to see parts of it needing much needed restoration. Apart from that, I thought the park looked great and after reading this thread before going there, I did look to see what everyone was talking about. I didn't notice anything to cry home about to be honest - I think the Merlin parks look much worse in comparison.

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:24 am

Coasterfellow wrote:
All of the people saying how disgusting dlp is. Are you crazy???? have you visited the park???? compared to the rest of the parks in Europe it is unbelievably clean and well kept. You want to find a disgusting park? go to alton towers, thorpe park or chesington.

I think there comparing it to Disneyland and DisneyWorld as from pictures compared at both it is looking tired in places. Disney World has such high standards every night after the guests leave the park cleaned from top to bottom.

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:55 pm

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:
I think there comparing it to Disneyland and DisneyWorld as from pictures compared at both it is looking tired in places. Disney World has such high standards every night after the guests leave the park cleaned from top to bottom.

Indeed, it's important to remember that DLP isn't just competing with Alton Towers etc. , it's competing with all the Disney Parks around the world. DLP costs roughly the same as the Florida parks, in terms of quality of experience and quality of rides, Florida is a level above Paris.

Even competing with Alton Towers, Disney costs around 50% more per ticket and has fewer major white knuckle rides, you're paying for for that extra level of care and, moreso than other parks, the theming is such a core part of the visit that its less forgiveable than 'normal' parks if the scenery is looking tatty.

Here's a page highlighting some of its issues:

http://themeparkinvestigator.com/featur ... and-paris/

MerlinFan
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:38 pm

I have never been to the American parks so I'm not in a position to draw any comparisons. Having looked at the article I can see your point - we didn't go on the river ride so didn't see the geysers and other stage sets but have to admit the photos make it look awful and I'm glad we didn't bother. It was bright sunshine when we were there so maybe the dirt didn't stand out as much as it might have on a cloudy day.

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:07 pm

Not been to DLP, but to the Florida parks. You do pay for the experience. When I went there was some sort of undefinable sense of just magic (cheesy and childish I know :P) but you literally feel like you're there, I forgot that stuff out of that place existed lol.

Altontowersbarlow
TT Member
TT Member

Security Breach at Disneyland Paris

Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:42 pm

There has been a security threat at Disneyland Paris today. It appears one of the Resorts hotels was affected. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35431086 . The firearms were not used and it appears as though the situation was dealt with effectively. It also seems as if a second suspect has not yet been detained, so I imagine Disneyland Paris could be on high alert for the time being.
Last edited by Altontowersbarlow on Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Security Breach at Disneyland Paris

Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:46 pm

Was only a matter of time before something happened really. Thankfully this didn't end badly.
Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the signature!

Infinity Falls; World's tallest river rapids opening summer 2018 at SeaWorld Orlando!
SeaWorld has rescued over 31,000 animals in need!

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Disneyland Paris Discussion

Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:35 pm

Oh my god... I'm glad everyone's OK. This could have escalated very quickly, I assume this is was going to be an IS attack. The happiest place on Earth doesn't deserve to be attacked, no matter who by and for what reason :)
Check out my NoLimits 2 creations here
"I'm a bit sad that you can't at least look round without being blamed for 75% of all kidnappings ever"

RCandrew
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:04 pm

A worker has been found dead in the Haunted House attraction at Disneyland Paris.
It's thought that he was electrocuted just hours before the attraction opened, here is the article I read;

http://news.sky.com/story/1672442/disne ... nted-house

The park is still open but the haunted house is closed for the time being.

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:31 pm

RCandrew wrote:
A worker has been found dead in the Haunted House attraction at Disneyland Paris.
It's thought that he was electrocuted just hours before the attraction opened, here is the article I read;

http://news.sky.com/story/1672442/disne ... nted-house

The park is still open but the haunted house is closed for the time being.

Here is an article from the mirror: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... irror_main

Very sad news!
Ride count 2017: 346!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 857!
Cred count: 65!

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:52 am

Space Mountain is to become Hyperspace Mountain in March 2017. This temporary overlay will have Star Wars themeing added to the attraction. It is unsure how long the attraction will have this theme as it will all depend on how well it goes down with guests.
Even the good can fall from grace

Benjsh85
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:24 pm

Me and the wife have just booked some time off for a visit next year in April. We're taking our little lad for his 3rd bday. It will be my first visit to the park since 2002. A long old time.

With it being the 25th anniversary next year, as most will know they have spruced up most of the major attractions and many of the other ones too. Refurbed Thunder Mountain, Hyperspace Mountain, refurbed Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Tours 2, to name but a few.
New parades and shows planned too which is good. Hoping to see something a bit different as I seem to remember being left very short changed last time I was there for the parade. It seemed forced and didn't feel very Disney however I believe it's much much better these days.

Should be a great year for Euro Disney. Anyone else heading over or thinking about it? I think we're going to get Annual passes and more than likely go back around Christmas time too for a few days and make the most of it.

Hollywood Tower of Terror is probably still my favourite Theme Park attraction there is anywhere in the world. Can't wait to get a few rides on it.