UK theme parks from another point of view!

We are recruiting! A fantastical opportunity has arisen for someone to join Team TTSP as a Forum Moderator. See TTSP News & Your Views for more details.
 
User avatar
kris3012
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 22
Joined: September 2015

Re: Disneyland Resort Paris

Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:06 pm

Hi all

I'm off to DLP in 5 days time with my partner. It's our first time going to DLP. I've done Florida but have a few questions I hope people can help with.

I've seen a few vlogs online and ive ssen that some of the preshows are in French. Haunted mansion and Ratatouie come to mind. Do any of these rides have English pre shows ? as I'm gonna admit I don't have a clue with French. School as such a long time ago. I want to experience the full rides.

Also we have dining included does this include the day you arrive as we get off the Eurostar in Disney itself about 2:30pm French time?

Just really gutted that Hyperspace mountain opens just after we get back.

Many thanks

From what I remember they are in French
As for meals u get vouchers for the amount of nights you are there I.e 5 nights 5 lots of vouchers


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
streetmagix
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 36
Joined: April 2016
Location: London, UK

Re: Disneyland Resort Paris

Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:29 am

From memory Tower of Terror preshow (video) was in French with English subtitles and the ride attendants spoke both French and English. I'm fairly certain Ratatouille was the same too.
 
User avatar
Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin
Posts: 1918
Joined: March 2003
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Disneyland Resort Paris

Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:43 am

We saw both English and French pre shows on Tower yesterday. The staff can change them to suite the audience.
Image
 
User avatar
DavidRock
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 192
Joined: June 2006
Location: Wolverhampton

Re: Disneyland Resort Paris

Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:12 pm

Baffles wrote:
We saw both English and French pre shows on Tower yesterday. The staff can change them to suite the audience.


Cheers for the Info getting excited now as in london overnight ready to get the direct train to DLP from st Pancras in the morning.
 
User avatar
Adam
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 4027
Joined: April 2004
Location: UK

Re: Disneyland Resort Paris

Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:17 pm

You'll find most of the important story stuff will be in either language with subtitles for the other. Same goes for most shows across the resort also. There is very little French only stuff. If anything we found more in English when we went earlier this year.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
 
User avatar
DavidRock
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 192
Joined: June 2006
Location: Wolverhampton

Re: Disneyland Resort Paris

Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:39 pm

Been quickly to DLP studios a d the main DLP park. Just watched the fireworks from The hotel. Haunted Mansion was all in French and also had downtime while we were onboard. Came off that to see people being evacuated off the lifthill for Big Thunder Mountain ..... I think I've brought a little of Alton Towers downtime with us.

Still soooooo many Pin Badges to collect
 
User avatar
kris3012
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 22
Joined: September 2015

Re: Disneyland Resort Paris

Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:57 pm

DavidRock wrote:
Still soooooo many Pin Badges to collect

I spent a fortune on pins whilst I was there it got quite obsessive [emoji87]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
User avatar
DavidRock
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 192
Joined: June 2006
Location: Wolverhampton

Re: Disneyland Resort Paris

Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:21 am

More trouble...... Crushes coaster Down....Terror of Tower Down and Rock N Roller Coaster ALSO down.

Hopefully getting on a ride soon
 
User avatar
TinkerGem
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 14
Joined: May 2016
Location: Stockport

Re: Disneyland Resort Paris

Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:47 pm

DavidRock wrote:
Hi all

I'm off to DLP in 5 days time with my partner. It's our first time going to DLP. I've done Florida but have a few questions I hope people can help with.

I've seen a few vlogs online and ive ssen that some of the preshows are in French. Haunted mansion and Ratatouie come to mind. Do any of these rides have English pre shows ? as I'm gonna admit I don't have a clue with French. School as such a long time ago. I want to experience the full rides.

Also we have dining included does this include the day you arrive as we get off the Eurostar in Disney itself about 2:30pm French time?

Just really gutted that Hyperspace mountain opens just after we get back.

Many thanks


I seem to remember that on Ratatouille one character speaks French and one speaks English but the dialogue is done in a way that you only need one side of the conversation, I think a few of the rides/shows are like this.
 
User avatar
Tom
Team Admin
Team Admin
Posts: 869
Joined: January 2006
Location: Stoke-on-Trent
Contact:

Re: Disneyland Resort Paris

Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:29 pm

TinkerGem wrote:
I seem to remember that on Ratatouille one character speaks French and one speaks English but the dialogue is done in a way that you only need one side of the conversation, I think a few of the rides/shows are like this.


Yes this tends to be the way a lot of their attractions and shows work, it works quite well I think.

Sorry to hear that there has been so much down time on your visit David, think we got lucky last week. Do need to revisit for Hyperspace and Pirates after they reopen though.
Image
Image
 
User avatar
DavidRock
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 192
Joined: June 2006
Location: Wolverhampton

Re: Disneyland Resort Paris

Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:13 pm

Cheers Tom.

The rides did open back up so all coaster creds have been done. Got to say Indiana Jones is by far the roughest coaster I've been on in a long time
kris3012 wrote:
DavidRock wrote:
Still soooooo many Pin Badges to collect

I spent a fortune on pins whilst I was there it got quite obsessive [emoji87]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I agree Kris we've seen a few but opted for the attraction only ones.

The Disney Dreams show was good but had French mixed In I'm gonna see if I can get the Disney Dreams soundtrack if it's in English. I've got Disney Wishes from Florida 2013. Still 3 days to go now so taking the park much slower now.
 
User avatar
kris3012
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 22
Joined: September 2015

Re: Disneyland Resort Paris

Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:57 pm

I loved the illuminations it made me a bit emotional [emoji24] lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
User avatar
Tom
Team Admin
Team Admin
Posts: 869
Joined: January 2006
Location: Stoke-on-Trent
Contact:

Re: Disneyland Resort Paris

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:47 am

I'd really recommend checking out the Mickey and the Magician show in Studios if you get the chance, it's amazing.
Image
Image
 
User avatar
Michelle
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 1160
Joined: January 2013
Location: North West

Re: Disneyland Resort Paris

Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:15 pm

Tom wrote:
I'd really recommend checking out the Mickey and the Magician show in Studios if you get the chance, it's amazing.



I second this, definitely worth a watch :)
Glad you're having a good time David, although I really didn't find Indiana Jones that bad it certainly wasn't the most comfortable ride I've ever been on :P
Image
Image
 
User avatar
kris3012
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 22
Joined: September 2015

Re: Disneyland Resort Paris

Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:56 pm

Yes Mickey and the magician is amazing my wife loved it and made us watch in 3 times


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
User avatar
DavidRock
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 192
Joined: June 2006
Location: Wolverhampton

Re: Disneyland Resort Paris

Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:01 pm

Last day on park and just wondered info Discoveryland and Hyper Space Mountain is open ..... was gutted all week as it's supposed to be open on the 5th May..... current queue time is 60 mins so I'm in the queue

EDIT: Change of plan ...... Got to the station and queued up was practically 2 cars away from getting the Coaster Cred and they have done a full ride evacuation as the ride was only in testing phase. I know Vekoma are still on site as I've seen there vans at the back of the ride.

Won't have enough time now if they do 're open later due to Eurostar....... Do close to the cred and so far away
Last edited by lewis97 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double posts
 
User avatar
ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 384
Joined: April 2016

Re: Disneyland Resort Paris

Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:50 pm

I thought it had reopened from seeing a Twitter page who were in the queue
 
User avatar
Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous
Posts: 4307
Joined: December 2010
Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire

Re: Disneyland Resort Paris

Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:45 pm

ThemeParkCrafter wrote:
I thought it had reopened from seeing a Twitter page who were in the queue


It would appear not, going by the post above your post :)
Image
Image
Even the good can fall from grace
 
User avatar
Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin
Posts: 3189
Joined: May 2013
Location: Warwickshire

Re: Disneyland Resort Paris

Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:16 pm

Dom wrote:
ThemeParkCrafter wrote:
I thought it had reopened from seeing a Twitter page who were in the queue


It would appear not, going by the post above your post :)


It has kind of soft opened for part of today, however it has run in total darkness with no effects or sound/music. It seems it was purely to test the trains going around the tracks - possibly something to do with Vekoma being on site as their vans were seen at the Resort.

Very frustrating that it soft opened just a week after I was there :(
Image
 
User avatar
DavidRock
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 192
Joined: June 2006
Location: Wolverhampton

Re: Disneyland Resort Paris

Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:33 pm

Just about to get off the Eurostar. Gutted as I said earlier about Hyperspace Mountain but did get the other coaster creds at both parks and a haul of 17 pins. 2 of which were given free from Disney themselves so a bonus.

Cheers Lewis for merging my 2 posts much apreciated. My signal wasn't the best in the queue line sorry mate

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 23 guests