UK theme parks from another point of view!

TheSmilerMan
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Re: The Coca-Cola Eye

Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:29 am

So who has been to the London Eye with the new Coca cola branding ? Does it make a difference ? What did you think ? I'm visiting this weekend! So shall let those know when I return on my view :)

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:12 pm

I think it is lit up in coca cola red at night, not sure if it opens when it's dark at the moment though, It does look good when it is lit up!
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

Danny
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:04 pm

I hardly noticed the Coca Cola branding when I went, there's hardly any! Nothing in the pods themselves. I think the main thing is the light up at night :)

nickhutson
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:01 am

Every pod has a coke logo on the glass
The 4D film has a coke logo at the end
The staff all wear red with coke bottle drawings on the back
There's a Coke café inside county hall by the ticket office
It's called The CocaCola London Eye

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:33 pm

Meh, not too noticable, at least it's not a massive coca cola sign in the middle of the ride. Just imagine if all the pods were painted red, a massive coca cola sign on it, coca cola stuff everywhere (including drink happiness etc), and a coca cola gift shop; could all be worse.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:19 pm

They also light the whole front (sea life buildings, dungeons ect.) in red at night, it is truly wonderful. I also really like the various coke bottle nods both in the logo, and the added coke bottle in the sky line images.

Kleo
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:08 pm

I went on Tuesday so thought it might be worth sharing my views. I felt there was a rather a lot of pointless advertisement. We didn't do the 4D part but the queue line security strap (I guess that's what it is called :S) was covered in Coca Cola wording, then the inside like people have said above has some advertisement. I took a photo to show part of the inside:

Each pod also had coca cola written on it that could be seen from the outside. We didn't see it at night so I can't comment on the lighting.

As for the experience has anyone been on it recently? We thought it was a forty minute ride but we timed our time in the pod and it lasted just over 20 minutes. We were actually quite disappointed with the whole experience.
Thank You NemesisRider for my signature :)

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:58 pm

How funny! I was there on tuesday as well, I have to admit with the time you queue to get on, the 20 minute ride is really not worth that wait! However I personally think the coke advertising is used just the right amount on the EXTERIOR of the attraction. I cannot comment on the interior as like I said, the queue was ridiculously long. I'm sad to hear you had these opinions though, I do the it is the weakest attraction in the stretch - however I am yet to try "Shrek's Adventure" so that may change ;) thanks for sharing an image of the interior though! I was curious to what extent they had gone too :)

alicheesy
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:13 pm

I've been on it recently and didn't actually notice any of the Coca-Cola branding (well I wasn't really looking but probably should have). Maybe I've just been secretly subliminally messaged and will end up buying loads of it uncontrollably...

As for the overall experience, I know it's iconic and all that but it's a bit boring for me and the 4D show seems a bit cheesy and unnecessary (and they don't even bother checking tickets to get in there). I guess it's predominantly for foreign tourists and they seem to enjoy it. And to be fair, if I was in charge the pods would just turn into a disco and I don't think that would appeal to most :sus:
Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:44 pm

I think it's free for the 4D experience now...

They should give out free coke when the queues are long to get on!!
credz to sam!
feed the flames. be chosen.

Kleo
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:32 pm

Half way through the queue you can buy coke. Like the little pop shops in the queue lines for rides. Couldn't see them giving it away for free if they can make extra money out of it!

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:14 pm

How long are the queues for the Eye during summer holidays, xmas and halloween time... (all weekends or school holidays...).
credz to sam!

Kleo
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:53 pm

I went last Tuesday and we were in the queue 40 mins to a hour. Don't think the one queue next to the eye is the whole thing though there is a walkway and another queue behind that. When I went we were not standing still for long as the queue moved quickly but was just really long!

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:25 am

Does a premium annual pass include fastback for the eye??
credz to sam!

mark_h
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:06 am

Emporium wrote:

There are no toilets on the pods.

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:30 pm

mark_h wrote:
Emporium wrote:

There are no toilets on the pods.

lol that made my day

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:40 pm

When does the deal with Coca-Cola end with The London Eye?
credz to sam!

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:26 pm

With today's extremely tragic and unfortunate​incident which is seriously awful (especially as a London fan), along with the evacuation, police and bomb squad throughout the Westminster area, the London eye has been in lockdown.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:45 pm

ThemeParkCrafter wrote:
With today's extremely tragic and unfortunate​incident which is seriously awful (especially as a London fan), along with the evacuation, police and bomb squad throughout the Westminster area, the London eye has been in lockdown.

All of Merlin's attractions on the Southbank have been in Lockdown, as posted on FB by the Merlin annual pass groups. The guests are currently in the process of being let out the back entrances to Shrek, Dungeons and Sealife and the Eye is being evacuated one pod at a time.
Even the good can fall from grace