UK theme parks from another point of view!

Schneck
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Phantasialand

Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:39 pm

ImageImage
Some new pictures from Looopings of the site. Showing that the underground station has now been enclosed, the new track and supports erected (extending the layout parts built last year) and the underground tunnels on the right house the launch (left tunnel) and brake run (right).
New massive 20m tall theming towers along the side of Wuze Town.
Last edited by Dan on Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Linked to source

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Phantasialand

Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:00 pm

Something is being built/refitted next to the entrance for Hollywood Tour. Saw a reasonable number of what didn't look like construction staff all standing around inspecting things, plus a mini digger at the top end working. No idea what's going on, but I did notice it caught the attention of the local enthusiasts with their cameras. So I stood next to them and took a photo too. :P

Edit: From what I can tell this is something to do with the entrance for Fantissima being moved to a more prominent street side location. There were a lot of vans here the next day that looked like they were involved in signage.

The crane at F.L.Y. has been in action nearly all day, but everything seems very hidden, unless I didn't find the vantage point to see into the area. You can just see the top of what's probably a zero-g roll and another segment from the first lift hill of Colorado Adventure.