UK theme parks from another point of view!

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Re: Virtual reality - Europa Park

Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:11 pm

Following on from AlpenExpress, Europa Park have announced on Twitter that another of their coasters will be receiving the Virtual Reality treatment for the 2016 season - Pegasus.

This means that Europa Park will have two VR rides for this year. At the moment it is not known exactly what Pegasus' simulation will be, or if it will be included or and upcharge, although I suspect further information will be released nearer the time.

I have to say I'm not 100% sure about this. Whilst I can see why a park would want to include new technology on one of their rides I'm not so keen on it being rolled out elsewhere. My concern would be that eventually it could be added to a significant number of attractions and, although I am yet to try a VR coaster, I'm not sure it would be right to include it on more than one or two rides. It will certainly be interesting to experience this when I visit Europa later this year, and to see how it compares to Galactica at Towers.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Re: Europa Park

Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:11 pm

Europa park have announced a new attraction for 2017 - code named Project V.

The attraction will be europes largest flying theatre attraction, with two theatres seating 70 guests each (think Disney's Soarin'). The experience will last approximately 4 and a half minutes and will give riders the sensation of flying over various European locations! It's set to be the most expensive attraction in the parks history. Here is the attraction teaser trailer!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:49 pm

The Project V minisite has been updated with English dubbed videos alongside tonnes of plans, concepts and further insight into the attraction.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:11 pm

It seems that Micheal Mack has announced that EuroSat will be closed at the end of the year to receive a new track layout and 'EuroSat experience' for 2018...

GThing64
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:10 am

From the sounds of it they could be replacing it with a new coaster entirely, but with the same building and theme.  Could we maybe see an indoor Big Dipper or just a similar experience to what's there now but with the new Mack Mega track?  Whatever it is, it'll most certainly be of high quality knowing the Macks!

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:18 pm

'Eurosat 2.0' will feature 'new tracks', 'slightly adjusted layouts' and, yet again at Europa, Virtual Reality. A dual loading station is also rumoured...

Jack
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:33 pm

Can we please stop with the unnecessary VR now please? :lol

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:46 pm

Europa Park today announced Rulantica, a water park.

Majestically rises 'Rulantica' slowly aloft and the first signs of the new Water World of Europa-Park appear. Outside the gates of world's best theme park work on site is in full swing.

An elaborate Nordic theme and 25 exciting water attractions guarantee an unforgettable adventure for the whole family.

Plunge into a unique Water World
n the approximately 32,600 sqm large indoor area all water loves are welcomed year-round by more than eight exciting, Nordic themed areas.
The mystic ‘Trøll Valley‘ for example is perfectly equipped for the needs of all little visitors.   
In total 25 attractions – those include 17 spectacular water slides, Germany’s biggest wave pool, a relaxing ‘Mystery River’ as well further highlights – guarantee pure water fun.

More information along with a video can be found Here
Even the good can fall from grace