"KristofWB" wrote:Last year, Walibi Belgium has launched their 'BIG7' action, by placing their rides in the spotlight. But the best thing about the BIG7 were the stunts the park had. Remember the blood-draft action for Vampire? The Red Head Day? Floating down a famous Belgian river in a Radja River boat? Kayak-contest on Radja River?
This year, Walibi launches another version of the BIG7 with the same rides but new and crazy stunts. This month, April 24th, Walibi launches the 'Walibi goes Backwards' day, to promote the FlashBack flume-ride! The backwards is because of the first drop of the ride, which goes backwards.
First of all, everyone who subscribes on the Walibi website, will pay 13 EUR of entrance instead of 31 EUR. And what is next to come?
* Park staff will wear their costumes backwards.
* Staff from the park, mascots and management will walk backwards the whole day.
* Queues at ticketboxes will run backwards.
* Will the rides at the park run backwards?
* How would the hamburgers in the park look backwards?
The "Rewind Day", as Walibi titles this special stunt, will be held on April 24th. All of the reports from this "Rewind Day" will be posted on YouTube by Walibi Belgium!
More stunts are to come this season!
"DiogoJ42" wrote:Wow, can you imagen if they turned the trains backwards on AT coasters?!?!? I want this to happen! :P
"elmerfudd" wrote:DiogoJ42 wrote:Wow, can you imagen if they turned the trains backwards on AT coasters?
Or Rita! You wouldn't be able to see the traffic light things! haha they sooo need to do this!
"Screamscape" wrote:2012 - Reopen Turbine - In Development - (1/7/11) A report at NewsParcs tells us that Walibi Belgium has confirmed plans to reopen Turbine for the 2012 season. Plans to rehab and reopen the ride were apparently included in the park’s “environmental permit” applications, which included a new wheel system to help quiet the ride and plans to completely enclose the ride’s two end spike tracks, thus enclosing the entire ride experience.
"ShadowTD" wrote:Where else do you get to invert with just a lapbar these days?
"KristofWB" wrote:Details about the new Turbine, if it may open!
* The ride is still in full research to re-open in and have a well function. More capacity (launches) per than before.
* Turbine's new design is done to reduce the noise Turbine makes.
* Part of the ride is already indoor and the far end spikes will be placed or in a tube, or in somekind of factory chimney. These chimneys or tubes will each have light-effects and music inside them.
* The ride will get a new theming. The park is still working on it. Tubes or chimneys will be painted in a flashy color to fit the FlashBack theme. Outside supports will be painted in a color to fit the enviroment.
* The entrance of the ride will be situated at the front side of the building, where the train used to 'fly' out before. It will be an indoor queue for the comfort of guests during hot summerdays or rainy days.
* The station of the ride will probably themed as an old and abandoned factory (probably same 'date' as FlashBack theme, circa 1869)
Walibi Belgium also summed up the advantages of the Spinning Coaster, which would make them choose Fabulous before Turbine:
* Family-friendly ride
* Partially indoor, most intense part of the ride will be in the part of the building where the looping from Turbine used to be.
* 55 km/h instead of 85 km/h
* 21 meter hight instead of 42 km/h