UK theme parks from another point of view!

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:40 pm

Mack are far better and offer many more diverse elements than Intamin does IMO :P

Many Intamin rides get a rattle over time, Mack's rides generally do not.

Intamin's best creation by far is Maverick, it boggles me why more parks haven't purchased similar coasters.
Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the signature!

Infinity Falls; World's tallest river rapids opening summer 2018 at SeaWorld Orlando!
SeaWorld has rescued over 31,000 animals in need!

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:54 pm

MakoMania wrote:
Mack are far better and offer many more diverse elements than Intamin does IMO :P

Many Intamin rides get a rattle over time, Mack's rides generally do not.

Intamin's best creation by far is Maverick, it boggles me why more parks haven't purchased similar coasters.

Forgetting Gringotts, 13 and their vast amount of flat rides? ;)

I just don't see that MACK are up there with B&M and Intamin. Yes they have 4 or 5 decent looking attractions but Intamin have plenty more (past and upcoming). It's all well and good saying that a lot rattle but that's because the oldest MACK is 8 years old. The comparison is pointless so looking at how ICONic ( ;) ) Intamin really is there is no world in which I see MACK as a whole being more 'superior' - you're comparing a company who are in the infancy of thrill coasters to a juggernaut. Whilst I'm also not the biggest Intamin fan I still see them as superior to my favourite manufacturer, but again it's a case of a new company vs a juggernaut. That's not to say in the future this will change, but right now I don't see it - which I think is a fair stance to take all things considered.

Anyway, seriously back on topic! :P

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:01 pm

Just one more off topic post I prooomise!

My main problem with Intamin is this.......

as soon as a park wants to include an inversion on an Intamin coaster, they have to put on these big clunky shoulder restraints (I'm looking at you Cheetah Hunt). With Mack, the lap bar restraint is completely flexible, allowing freedom of choice with all elements including inversions. Lap bars make the ride experience 100× better with free upper body movement and more exposure to forces including airtime & hangtime. Of course, Taron is able to have lap bars as it doesn't have inverting elements.

Anyway, as ya say, back on the topic of Mandyland...

Infinity Falls; World's tallest river rapids opening summer 2018 at SeaWorld Orlando!

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:05 pm

MakoMania wrote:
as soon as a park wants to include an inversion on an Intamin coaster, they have to put on these big clunky shoulder restraints (I'm looking at you Cheetah Hunt). With Mack, the lap bar restraint is completely flexible, allowing freedom of choice with all elements including inversions. Lap bars make the ride experience 100× better with free upper body movement and more exposure to forces including airtime & hangtime.

Oh yes I agree there, that's partly why they aren't my favourite too. Hopefully Taron and Flying Aces see this change! :D

Anyway like I was saying, I cannot wait to see the track I don't know why I'm so excited about that. SW8 hasn't really been exciting me that much but I am scratching to see the supports go up for this one. Also... it'll help us tell if this is going to look as tacky as some fear...

Hurry up Blackpool!!! :lol

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:28 pm

Yes compared to SW8 they're definitely taking their time with construction.
The track sounds pretty unique too with its polished silver look or whatever it is.
GodBlessTeaTowels

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:35 pm

They don't really need to rush with construction. Steel coasters take a fraction of the time to construct compared to a woodie. This is why we won't be seeing track on site just yet.

All good things come to those who wait ;)
Ride count 2017: 422!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 933!
Cred count: 70!

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:33 pm

The majority rack will begin to arrive in late October and early November with track work expected to be completed in late February to early March :)

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:26 pm

But I want to see it :cry:
GodBlessTeaTowels

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:31 pm

Valhalla has won the 2017 Golden Ticket award for Best Water Ride
Even the good can fall from grace

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:12 pm

Well deserved, it's a fantastic ride even if it is a bit hit and miss.

jackf1tz
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:05 pm

Only been on this once, but I live it, so glad it's for the recognition it deserves. Good job they came on a good day!
This ride is perfectly safe. Everything has been designed for your comfort, and enjoyment.

Bert2theSpark
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:50 pm

Station is going up now.  :D
[Insert Signature Here]

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:12 pm

I'll be popping down there this evening to take a look and have some night rides :)

nemefan08
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:20 pm

Probably won’t be themed but I’m sure it will look nice, hope they do an ok job of the queue though. Blackpool has some of the worst places to wait until the uk.

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:47 am

Popped down to the park this evening for some night rides & fireworks. The Icon station structure is absolutely huge when you are up-close to it. They have already got some more steel out to add to it next week. Very exciting times, can't wait for track & supports to arrive!

On another note, park operations were great and most queues (except Big One) were reasonable given that it was extremely busy. All coasters (except the usual Nickelodeon Streak, Blue Flyer & Revolution) were on multiple trains. Infusion in particular was getting the trains out at a rapid pace! Wild Mouse was closed but they are in the process of adding an extra seat belt I believe.

Definitely the best park in the UK in my opinion!

Bert2theSpark
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:05 pm

I just heard word of the first parts of Icon are arriving in the UK tomorrow! 

Excited! :D

EDIT: Image
[Insert Signature Here]

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:03 pm

We have track!

While it’s not so much the ‘Polished silver’ mentioned, more a light grey, I am loving the colour scheme!

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:24 pm

Looks great, similar to Revolution! Much better than the green in the original animation.

hookyman
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:15 pm

Ok, genuinely interested. I don't necessarily want to see it taken down but i want to know how people feel about The Big One.

Scenario: Amanda Thompson lays out potential plans for the future. One of the points she mentions is getting the opinion of the public for the following:

Should The Big One be taken down and updated with a newer model of hypercoaster?

Yes or No? Why? Which manufacturer would you want to design the new ride?

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:29 pm

hookyman wrote:
Ok, genuinely interested. I don't necessarily want to see it taken down but i want to know how people feel about The Big One.

Scenario: Amanda Thompson lays out potential plans for the future. One of the points she mentions is getting the opinion of the public for the following:

Should The Big One be taken down and updated with a newer model of hypercoaster?

Yes or No? Why? Which manufacturer would you want to design the new ride?

Not going to happen anytime soon, it's the most popular ride in the park and they can't really afford to remove it.

There has been talk of what RMC could do with The Big One, in 20 years' time for example :P