UK theme parks from another point of view!

We are recruiting! A fantastical opportunity has arisen for someone to join Team TTSP as a Forum Moderator. See TTSP News & Your Views for more details.

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Re: Winter Wonderland - Hyde Park London

Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:46 am

I managed to get down to Winter Wonderland yesterday and despite the rain managed to get on a fair few things.

Olympia Looping was amazing. It was far smoother than I was expecting (smoother than some of Merlin's coasters!) and was a good overall ride. I did notice what others have mentioned with the restraints, on my ride I felt them push down as I went through the first inversion. It's certainly a ride I'd like to do again and I hope it returns next year.

There did seem to be a decent range of rides, although it was a shame Break Dance and Airwolf didn't make a return this year. XXL and Wilde Maus were as good as ever.

One thing to be aware of if you are planning a visit us just how busy it gets. Even in heavy rain the event was still extremely busy with all the ticketed attractions such as the Ice Kingdom and Ice Skating sold out. There were also issues in the tube with the Piccadilly Line experiencing long delays and several stations closed due to the volume of people on the line so it's definitely worth checking before you go.

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:00 pm

Me in front of Olympia Looping

So I landed last night and this morning before leaving London, made a quick trip to Winter Wonderland! I was literally only here for half an hour so I only got to do 3 rides. Wild Maus XXL was just as I remembered it, very fun! Thriller Coaster was "Pain: The Ride". Olympia Looping however was awesome! I only was able to get one ride on it, on the front row, the experience was very intense (And I thought Formula Rossa was intense), the layout was great, fast at all times and I loved the loops. Even though I had only one ride its now my 10th favourite coaster.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

Max
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:57 am

The planning documents for this year's event are now online, and so is the potential map of attractions.
The map shows that Olympia Looping will return, and most of the lineup remains unchanged, a few flat rides have been replaced but there doesn't appear to be any major differences.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888