UK theme parks from another point of view!

 
User avatar
clayj
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 247
Joined: October 2012
Location: Belfast but Newcastle originally

Re: Flamingo Land Resort 2013

Mon May 27, 2013 9:37 pm

Benjsh wrote:
Planning on going for first time in nearly a decade this summer. We're looking at a 1 night 2 day visit. 2hr drive for us from Manchester so not too bad.

The park looks to have come on loads recently. Really looking forward to it.


it has.... I remember going as a child & it was basically slabs of concrete with tame standard off the shelf rides with no attempt at themeing... When I went last year, they have really bucked their ideas up & although most of the rides are off the shelf, they do their best too theme them & also create themed areas to the park. The Zoo also has gone under great transformation as again, it use to be concrete pits with animals in :(
Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ
 
Benjsh

Re: Flamingo Land Resort 2013

Tue May 28, 2013 12:38 am

The Themeing looks to be getting there though. Not perfect but at least they are thinking that way like you say. Looking at the park map......it's starting to look like a really good park. Plenty of thrills and family attractions.

I think it's still lacking a signature coaster though. Sure Mumbo, Kumali and Velocity all look quality but they aren't iconic like Nemesis at AT, TBO at BPB, Ultimate at LWV or Shockwave at DMP. When you think of those 4 parks......you immediately think of those 4 rides.

I'd love them to build a really top notch signature coaster before the end of the decade. It would finish off a nice collection of coasters.
 
User avatar
TomL
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 441
Joined: November 2012
Location: Wirral
Contact:

Re: Flamingo Land Resort 2013

Tue May 28, 2013 5:32 am

Some images from Flamingoland's Twitter and Facebook of this years new attractions

Hero - The new Zamperla Volvare currently under construction

Image

Image

Image

Image


Twistosaurus - Zamperla Junior Spinning coaster which opened last saturday (25th)

Image

Image
 
fpjonesy85
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 4
Joined: June 2013
Location: stockton on tees
Contact:

Re: Flamingo Land Resort 2013

Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:34 pm

Hero - the lift hill / twist is now at its full height with the track fitted and the station supports are in place. there is lots more parts ready to be fitted this week. dose anyone know a date for hero to open ?
 
Benjsh

Re: Flamingo Land Resort 2013

Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:41 pm

fpjonesy85 wrote:
Hero - the lift hill / twist is now at its full height with the track fitted and the station supports are in place. there is lots more parts ready to be fitted this week. dose anyone know a date for hero to open ?


They haven't announced one yet as far as I know. Just that it WILL OPEN in JULY.

You'd think they want to open to maximize of school holidays so I imagine it will open mid - late July.
 
Sam198
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1126
Joined: October 2012

Re: Flamingo Land Resort 2013 (New Developments)

Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:20 pm

<3

Image

Anyways...

Image

Image

In my experience with Volares, they're one of those rides (annoyingly) that enthusiasts such as ourselves will quite rightly despise, yet the majority of the GP will just think "Wow, cool!" and love it - much like Saw.
 
Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 3221
Joined: January 2009

Re: Flamingo Land Resort 2013 (New Developments)

Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:14 pm

It looks pretty though, so I'm sold. :P
 
fpjonesy85
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 4
Joined: June 2013
Location: stockton on tees
Contact:

Re: Flamingo Land Resort 2013 (New Developments)

Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:49 am

Here is a video of Twistosaurus....... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQhGQSo ... ata_player
 
User avatar
daveclarkedaveclarke
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 241
Joined: August 2010

Re: Flamingo Land Resort 2013 (New Developments)

Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:05 pm

fpjonesy85 wrote:
Here is a video of Twistosaurus....... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQhGQSo ... ata_player


I went on this last week with 3 other friends its a fun little addition to the park, we got two circuits not sure if this is the norm or because it was quiet but a creds a cred ;)
Image
 
fpjonesy85
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 4
Joined: June 2013
Location: stockton on tees
Contact:

Re: Flamingo Land Resort 2013 (New Developments)

Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:22 pm

As far as I know its staying as a 2 round trip.
 
User avatar
bensaund
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1085
Joined: June 2012
Location: Berkshire

Re: Flamingo Land Resort 2013 (New Developments)

Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:18 pm

It looks like a pants ride, I hope Alton don't install one of these
If you go down to the woods today
 
User avatar
A
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 292
Joined: April 2013
Location: Fugitive motel

Re: Flamingo Land Resort 2013 (New Developments)

Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:17 pm

bensaund wrote:
It looks like a pants ride, I hope Alton don't install one of these


What do you expect? It's a kiddie coaster (something that alton badly needs). I think alton could learn a few lessons about their own kiddie market from the development of the dino-stone park.
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P
 
fpjonesy85
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 4
Joined: June 2013
Location: stockton on tees
Contact:

Re: Flamingo Land Resort 2013 (New Developments)

Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:01 pm

Hero is not far from finished and flamingo land have still yet to give out an open date and that's if they do,
Hero Construction Timeline www.flamingopics.co.uk/new-hero&nbsp;
 
Benjsh

Re: Flamingo Land Resort 2013 (New Developments)

Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:42 pm

For a Volare, it actually looks okayish. Far from the worst of it's type. However, I'm willing to put money on the fact it rides horribly though.

However, I'll still be making a trip over summer. Not been to the park in years.
 
dazza4783
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 397
Joined: October 2012
Location: Here

Re: Flamingo Land Resort 2013 (New Developments)

Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:33 pm

Hero has opened. Here is a POV and offride video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hmwmc6Mum0
Image
 
User avatar
Danny
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 3641
Joined: February 2013
Location: Essex

Re: Flamingo Land Resort 2013 (New Developments)

Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:13 pm

After watching that video I must say I'm very impressed. It looks fast, smooth and enjoyable and for a lower budget theme park it's very good!
 
User avatar
Bubbaride
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 89
Joined: June 2009
Location: Leeds

Re: Flamingo Land Resort 2013 (New Developments)

Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:40 pm

I went on hero today and must say I deeply regretted it... 1st of all I felt as if I was going to fall out, mainly because your feet on the mini ladders are what hold you in and 2nd it is the most painful ride I have ever been on.. I have come away with bruises on my shoulders because of how rough and insecure i was in this "metal cage"

However I do love the dinosaur area addition, was great fun! and actually quiet well themed
 
User avatar
A
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 292
Joined: April 2013
Location: Fugitive motel

Re: Flamingo Land Resort 2013 (New Developments)

Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:18 pm

Anyone else find the name a bit ironic? Sounds like you have to be a hero to ride it :?
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P
 
themealgang
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 761
Joined: November 2009

Re: Flamingo Land Resort 2013 (New Developments)

Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:44 pm

These negative comments don't surprise me. Zamperla Volare's are actually extremely horrible to ride. I rode the one at Coney Island in New York last year, and even though the coaster is small, I have never been more petrified climbing up that spiral lift. It really does feel like your feet on that ladder is the only thing that is keep you in place and when you go through the inversions, your whole body moves which makes the ride scary for all of the wrong reasons.

It's a shame as the coaster is actually very well presented. Any idea how it's going down with the public?
Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
 
User avatar
Rob
Team Admin
Team Admin
Posts: 2340
Joined: November 2005
Location: Glasgow

Re: Flamingo Land Resort 2013 (New Developments)

Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:36 pm

Bubbaride wrote:
I went on hero today and must say I deeply regretted it... 1st of all I felt as if I was going to fall out, mainly because your feet on the mini ladders are what hold you in and 2nd it is the most painful ride I have ever been on.. I have come away with bruises on my shoulders because of how rough and insecure i was in this "metal cage"

However I do love the dinosaur area addition, was great fun! and actually quiet well themed


Oh you wanna try any of the coasters at m&d's, now that's pain!
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Michelle and 42 guests