UK theme parks from another point of view!

Welcome to the all new TTSP Forum!
We are still working some magic behind the scenes, your patience is requested.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Re: Merlin General Discussion

Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:37 pm

I think that is a very respectful thing of the Orlando Eye to do. Its nice to see them using such an iconic structure in this way.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:39 pm

Currently unknown to where it may be for it if it is the real deal, this image of a parcel has appeared in a Facebook group.

Personally I just see this being a minor sponsorship/promotion deal for the movie in SeaLife, much like Thorpe Park dos with the Angey Birds Movie.

As we don't know anything yet, the best thing to do is just keep swimming until something pops up!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:55 pm

It was announced a few days ago that a number of SeaLife centres will have Finding Dory events over the summer period which appears to involve some sort of educational trail with these deliveries likely to be display pieces.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Fri May 12, 2017 4:35 pm

Merlin have officially announced its previously rumoured pin collectors scheme across all attractions.

Pin Badge Collecting Etiqutte.

The post mentions a 'Starter Pack' and how that there will be limited edition pin badges available from stores and from online competitions!

Time to get collecting!

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Fri May 12, 2017 5:01 pm

Interesting to see Merlin launching a more formal pin collecting scheme. Hopefully this will mean we'll see a much bigger range across the parks going forward.

One thing that does concern me slightly is how they are going to control the limited editions when they are released. I've known people buy between 10-20 of one pin, sometimes clearing the remaining stock in an outlet so they can then sell them on EBay. For limited editions Merlin perhaps need to adopt a Disney stye approach where they're only available from till points and restricted to 2 per customer.

Robert W
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 15, 2017 1:54 am

This is why I thought it would be a better idea to offer them on sale at the ride photo booths so that only people who had rode the ride could buy them.

MagicAngel94
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 22, 2017 8:52 pm