Set to be one of the most exciting developments in British theme park history, discuss all aspects of this upcoming project here.
Site Owner
User

Baffles

Re: London Paramount - General Discussion

by Baffles » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:55 pm

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent-busine ... ty-103322/

Here's an article from Friday regarding the garden city they are building in the surrounding areas. As you will read, London Paramount is still being taken in to account, which is encouraging.
Team TTSP
User

Ladyofthelake

by Ladyofthelake » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:50 pm

After a quiet 12 months it looks like we're finally getting some progress on the proposals. As reported by SouthParks News new plans emerging show that the waterpark element of the devellopment has been scrapped in favour of an indoor pool connecting hotels, and additional hotel car parking. The hotels will also be more Resort style.

It's also interesting to see that Brexit could be a positive for the Resort with more people staying at home for their holidays and a weaker pound making UK holidays more attractive for those visiting from abroad.
TT Member
User

Theo

by Theo » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:06 pm

ladyofthelake wrote:After a quiet 12 months it looks like we're finally getting some progress on the proposals. As reported by SouthParks News new plans emerging show that the waterpark element of the devellopment has been scrapped in favour of an indoor pool connecting hotels, and additional hotel car parking. The hotels will also be more Resort style.

It's also interesting to see that Brexit could be a positive for the Resort with more people staying at home for their holidays and a weaker pound making UK holidays more attractive for those visiting from abroad.

Uh. Great news for moving forward with the proposals, but I was really hoping for a really great waterpark in the UK, something that can get on the levels of Volcano Bay & Typhoon Lagoon :(
Site Owner
User

Baffles

by Baffles » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:40 am

A large indoor water park would have been great - but we could never have one like what you have mentioned as it could only be usable two months of the year, if that. Too damn cold!
TT Member
User

theparklifekid

by theparklifekid » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:50 am

A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
TT Member
User

Owen

by Owen » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:56 pm

I wouldn't be too worried about this as they seem to be going ahead with everything. Nothing really states that they will definitely not get funding so I think so long as everything goes to plan we can rest assured that they will get the money. That being said there is obviously the possibility it doesn't happen which I honestly don't think anyone would be all that shocked about!
TT Member
User

Owen

by Owen » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:09 pm

It seems that the park is ready to push forward, with the planning application anticipated to be submitted this year!

I'm honestly very surprised this seems to be happening, and I look forward to what could come of it!
Team TTSP
User

Ladyofthelake

by Ladyofthelake » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:26 pm

As reported on SouthParks News, London Resort Company Holdings have announced a change in their senior management for the London Paramount Project following the departure of former CEO David Testa.

It's interesting that these changes have been announced just after the reports regarding the status of the £100 million investment from Chinese company SinoFotone. Whilst the new CEO has stated that they are looking to push forward, after all the delays I'm still a little sceptical about the future of this project. We've been promised another round of consultations for over 12 months now, but these are yet to happen. I do hope that the plans are finally submitted this year as LRCH are currently saying, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Community Advocate
User

Luce

by Luce » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:54 pm

It seems to me that as soon as it looks like things are happening, the project hits a snag of some kind which is a shame as I would really like this to go ahead. To have a new park in this country would be amazing but currently I'm not getting excited for the moment.

Site Owner
User

Baffles

by Baffles » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:41 am

Previous