UK theme parks from another point of view!

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Re: London Entertainment Resort - General Discussion

Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:49 pm

We have also expanded on the article with our own:

https://www.southparks.co.uk/2018/10/26 ... on-resort/

Encouraging news!

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:57 pm

I will be honest, with the lack of press releases over the last 12 months I had pretty much given up hope on this project ever happening. However, this news has made me feel that there is still a chance for London Resort. A company the size of Keltbray surely wouldn't get involved with a project if if didn't have any chance of success. Hopefully this means we'll start to see a little more news come through now, although I do think there is still an awful long way to go until plans are in any state to be submitted, and I'd be surprised if they go in next year.

Spyke
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:46 pm

I have my doubts also but I'm praying that the Universal Studios rumours are true. It would make for a far superior destination for both us and our neighbouring countries and would be very different addition to the parks we already have

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:10 pm

https://blooloop.com/news/keltbray-to-i ... paramount/

Some actual activity.  £25 million investment (which presumably will come with conditions about being involved in the construction) from a big established construction company that has been involved in other large projects in the capital and I would assume are not the type to back a project with a dubious chance of getting off the ground.

Also a more solid promise of IPs being announced by the end of the year.

Bert2theSpark
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:44 pm

abigsmurf wrote:

Also a more solid promise of IPs being announced by the end of the year.

I bet it’s gonna be delayed...
[Insert Signature Here]

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:17 pm

The news about the Keltbray investment is the same news SouthParks reported on a few days ago.

I'm not sure where Blooloop have got the information on about the IPs being disclosed by the end of the year, however I'm not sure that that can be seen as accurate as their article states that the Paramount partnership ended earlier this year, when in fact it ended in June 2017 - almost 18 months ago. There is a lot of speculation and rumour surrounding this project, especially given the number of delays and long periods of time without any official news.

nicky.borrill
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:16 am

6 years now and... Well... basically nothing. I dont think this is going to happen. Shame.

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:40 pm

nicky.borrill wrote:
6 years now and... Well... basically nothing. I dont think this is going to happen. Shame.

I see why you say this, but there’s been a lot of projects in the past that have taken a very long time to achieve. Not necessarily in this sort of entertainment, i.e video games, movies, cars, etc..

And like ‘Ladyofthelake’ and ‘abigsmurf’ has stated, I don’t think a company as big as Keltbray would get involved in a project like this if it weren’t going to happen. The last few weeks/months we’ve been hearing more info, yes it’s slow but at least it’s something.. I do believe this project is now picking up.. but I would agree that nows a good time to shift into second gear :lol
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”

nicky.borrill
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:34 pm

PhNx Survivor wrote:
nicky.borrill wrote:

I see why you say this, but there’s been a lot of projects in the past that have taken a very long time to achieve. Not necessarily in this sort of entertainment, i.e video games, movies, cars, etc..

And like ‘Ladyofthelake’ and ‘abigsmurf’ has stated, I don’t think a company as big as Keltbray would get involved in a project like this if it weren’t going to happen. The last few weeks/months we’ve been hearing more info, yes it’s slow but at least it’s something.. I do believe this project is now picking up.. but I would agree that nows a good time to shift into second gear :lol

Well I should probably elaborate a little. Of course something is going to happen, it’s prime real estate with national significant infrastructure status... But I don’t think we’re going to get the theme park we’re all hoping for, unfortunately. A big property developer is now involved. I think the focus will shift more toward hotels, retail, offices and other smaller leisure facilities. There may be a theme park still, but my predicition is it will be nowhere near the scale we all want it to be, nor the scale of anything we already have even. 

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:04 pm

It's been confirmed that the opening date has been pushed back for a fifth time to 2024. There has also been another management change with chief executive Humphrey Percy leaving the project, and being replaced by the original financial backer of the plans, Dr Abdulla Al-Humaaidi. SouthParks News has all the details.

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand it is negative that the opening has been pushed back again, however you could argue that it is a more realistic date given the plans haven't even been submitted for approval yet. Whilst on the surface the departure of another chief executive looks bad, the fact that the original backer of the plans has now taken personal control could indicate that things may actually get moving again. I think we could have an interesting few months with this project.

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:10 pm

Someone with their own money in the project has more of a motivation to get things moviing (rather than sitting in an office doing the bare minimum to not have the project abandoned whilst collecting a salary)