UK theme parks from another point of view!

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Re: London Paramount - General Discussion

Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:55 pm

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent-busine ... ty-103322/

Here's an article from Friday regarding the garden city they are building in the surrounding areas. As you will read, London Paramount is still being taken in to account, which is encouraging.

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:50 pm

After a quiet 12 months it looks like we're finally getting some progress on the proposals. As reported by SouthParks News new plans emerging show that the waterpark element of the devellopment has been scrapped in favour of an indoor pool connecting hotels, and additional hotel car parking. The hotels will also be more Resort style.

It's also interesting to see that Brexit could be a positive for the Resort with more people staying at home for their holidays and a weaker pound making UK holidays more attractive for those visiting from abroad.

Theo
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:06 pm

ladyofthelake wrote:
After a quiet 12 months it looks like we're finally getting some progress on the proposals. As reported by SouthParks News new plans emerging show that the waterpark element of the devellopment has been scrapped in favour of an indoor pool connecting hotels, and additional hotel car parking. The hotels will also be more Resort style.

It's also interesting to see that Brexit could be a positive for the Resort with more people staying at home for their holidays and a weaker pound making UK holidays more attractive for those visiting from abroad.

Uh. Great news for moving forward with the proposals, but I was really hoping for a really great waterpark in the UK, something that can get on the levels of Volcano Bay & Typhoon Lagoon :(

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:40 am

A large indoor water park would have been great - but we could never have one like what you have mentioned as it could only be usable two months of the year, if that. Too damn cold!

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:50 am

A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:56 pm

I wouldn't be too worried about this as they seem to be going ahead with everything. Nothing really states that they will definitely not get funding so I think so long as everything goes to plan we can rest assured that they will get the money. That being said there is obviously the possibility it doesn't happen which I honestly don't think anyone would be all that shocked about!

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:09 pm

It seems that the park is ready to push forward, with the planning application anticipated to be submitted this year!

I'm honestly very surprised this seems to be happening, and I look forward to what could come of it!

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:26 pm

As reported on SouthParks News, London Resort Company Holdings have announced a change in their senior management for the London Paramount Project following the departure of former CEO David Testa.

It's interesting that these changes have been announced just after the reports regarding the status of the £100 million investment from Chinese company SinoFotone. Whilst the new CEO has stated that they are looking to push forward, after all the delays I'm still a little sceptical about the future of this project. We've been promised another round of consultations for over 12 months now, but these are yet to happen. I do hope that the plans are finally submitted this year as LRCH are currently saying, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Luce
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:54 pm

It seems to me that as soon as it looks like things are happening, the project hits a snag of some kind which is a shame as I would really like this to go ahead. To have a new park in this country would be amazing but currently I'm not getting excited for the moment.

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:41 am

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:52 pm

As reported on SouthParks News, it has been confirmed that the planning application for the project is to be submitted in November this year with a decision expected in summer 2019. If it gets the go ahead then this means the project will start construction later in 2019 with an opening date of 2022.

Things are certainly starting to look more encouraging :)

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:10 pm

I feel it will pass, but something tells me it won't open. Trying to be optimistic but I have no idea where all the money is going to come from.
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

OhShambhala
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:23 pm

I finally feel that things are back on track for this project! Trying to not get my hopes up yet however, and I wont be getting them up until I see construction.

The recent social media reaction from the project is also quite promising. I've been seeing a lot of my Facebook sharing articles about the new 'British Disneyland' opening in 2022 which shows an interest in the project at the least.
Last edited by lewis97 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double posts
Airtime Machine, Shambhala!

dazza4783
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:32 pm

Some concept art.

Source

Benjsh85
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:14 pm

It looks stunning. Really hope it goes ahead but this project originally had a 2018 opening date so I still have my doubts.

It would be great to have another top class park in the country though and even better that it would make Merlin up their game too massively.

With the awful weather we get, it would awesome to have a park like Disney / Universal that have so many impressive dark rides / indoor attractions. A bloody great big RMC would be good too.

T0mPr1ce
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:25 pm

Hmmm is that a woodie;)

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:22 pm

Those concept images have been around for a good 18 months now and formed part of the previous consultation stages carried out by the project. Whilst they will give an indication of what the developers vision is and a general ideas of the types of rides (e.g. rollercoaster, rapids etc), it by no means guarantees that we will definitely see these as the finished development will most likely differ quite a lot from those images. SouthParks' London Paramount Resort Guide has those images and a few others if you wanted to have a look at what's been released so far.

OhShambhala
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:01 pm

I am very hopeful for Paramount simply because it will force Merlin to MASSIVELY up their game because they will finally have some competition. Merlin have dominated the UK for a long time now which has caused them to be complacent and stale while other smaller parks suffered.
Airtime Machine, Shambhala!

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:17 pm

Kent Online have reported that local businesses are sceptical about the timeframe for the submission of the London Paramount planning application.

Should the project get the go ahead, a number of businesses would need to be relocated to make way for the Resort, however representatives of those businesses affected have said that they've not had any meaningful discussions since mid-2016.

It is a little concerning that there seems to be a lack of recent consultation with some of the parties which will be biggest hit by the construction of the Resort. Negotiating the relocation and compensation for these companies will be a big task and if an agreement can't be reached could prove to be a significant stumbling block for the project. We can only hop that the recent change in leadership for the Paramount project will mean that consultations with local businesses can get underway again otherwise I fear there could be further delays to the project.

Bert2theSpark
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:23 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML5TaNlwgeg
A bit of an old video, but I didn't know Paramount London was going to be built in the HOTTEST point in the UK...
[Insert Signature Here]