UK theme parks from another point of view!

Welcome to the all new TTSP Forum!
We are still working some magic behind the scenes, your patience is requested.

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Re: London Paramount - General Discussion

Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:17 am

The park will partially be indoors.

"London Paramount says it will feature attractions conducive to parents, children, and thrill-seekers. The "heart" of the resort will be an indoor, covered and open-air experience that will host a couple of exhibitions and music events. Every day, during afternoons, there will be a "Paramount and Friends Carnival," where costumed people and themed rides take place."

Tickets are also supposed to cost £57 once opened

Source
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

Bert2theSpark
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:59 pm

Well it seems Nick Varney isn't happy with the competition...
http://riderater.co.uk/6466/london-para ... mment-7726

Robert W
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 15, 2017 11:44 pm

I hope this is a case of "build it and they will come" as I would be worried from previous European projects of this kind. The hardship doesn't end as soon as the construction ends as I'm sure a certain Disney resort near Paris will testify... I just hope the developers of London Paramount will take lessons from this. They need to plan well into the future beyond the opening of the resort. Hopefully the people of the UK will welcome the resort with a more open mind in comparison to the French when Disneyland opened in where many viewed it as an invasion of Americanism and one figure even going as far to describe it as a "cultural Chernobyl". I hope the UK can embrace this new (for the UK) type of theme park without forgetting somewhere like Alton.

I'll still be on TeamTowers! :D

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 31, 2017 9:36 pm

Disneyland Paris was Eisner's baby and he was a terrible CEO who could have destroyed Disney. I think it would have done much much better in the UK than France for a multitude of reasons.

I think the fact that you're just a boat ride from central London and an hour train ride from Brighton will mean that Paramount will be far more attractive to overseas tourists than the Merlin parks tend to be. I'm getting increasingly unconvinced it's going to go ahead though. By the time it's built, all these rides will be 10+ year old tech and concepts and a bunch of the movies they're based on will be forgotten.

Robert W
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:56 am

If Disney had opened the resort titled as "EuroDisney" then I would also doubt the success of building it in the UK. I think that being so close to London could help Paramount in the way that there will be more foreigners close by who would be interested in visiting the park as part of a longer holiday in London!

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:40 pm

London Resort Company Holdings, the company behind London Paramount, have today announced that they have agreed a partnership with InterContinental Hotel Group to manage and develop the Resort's hotels. SouthParks News have a full article with all the details. As part of the announcement it has also been confirmed there will be a public display of the latest plans this autumn.

I have to say this seems to be a much more positive step for the Resort. If a company with the reputation of IHG are prepared to have their involvement publicly announced then they must be fairly confident that the Resort is going to go ahead. Hopefully we'll start to see more things announced as we get closed to the submission on the Development Consent Order at the end of November.

Robert W
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:10 pm

At least it shows some sort of progress and that there is a level of trust that all will go to plan.

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:52 pm

I have to agree!
The progress may be slow, but this is going to be a game changer for the UK theme park industry.

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:21 am

R.I.P Paramount park.
The deal with Paramount has collapsed after numerous disagreements.

The developers still hope to put plans in this November
http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent-busine ... es-127581/
Ride count 2017: 91!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 602!
Cred count: 63!

Thanks to NemesisRider for the awesome signature!

SkuM001
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:50 am

Delay after delay, setback after setback, and now this. No matter how that spokespersons tries to spin it in that video interview.... It's not good news.

At least we have a new thames crossing to look forward to now I guess?

Or Universal could just buy out the project. I can dream right?

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:02 pm

Maybe the park may do a MotionGate style park, a park not dedicated to any studio in particular, but one with different areas themed to differant studios. Or they could just try to get their hands on as many IPs as possible and just jumble it all up.

Honestly, I saw this coming, its had numerous set backs quite a bit and if we do end up getting something, I doubt it would be anything amazing. Paramount has also pulled out of a Spain project, so its unlikely the studio will invest in parks in the future.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

Luce
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:34 pm

It is disappointing that the deal with Paramount has ended but I guess it could open up other ideas for IPs that the developers might choose instead.  I still hope this goes ahead and hopefully the planning application will be submitted as hoped.

Bert2theSpark
TT Member
TT Member

Re: London Entertainment Resort - General Discussion

Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:53 pm

Oh well, I don't think anyone had high hopes for Paramount anyway, Paramount's brands just don't interest me too. I'm suprised the project is still going ahead though. 

But being Skeptical, I hope Universal becomes involved now, I mean Universal like to go where Disney go and Universal doesn't have a park in Europe. I doubt it though...

Robert W
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:06 pm

I'd love to see a Universal Studios London!

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:38 pm

Paramount has never really had the strongest IP's anyway - I still have high hopes for the project.

Good point about Motiongate - it is a very well presented park with completely mixed attractions. We just need that on a bigger scale with some quality rides and coasters.