UK theme parks from another point of view!

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: London Entertainment Resort - General Discussion

Wed May 02, 2018 1:04 pm

PhNx Survivor wrote:
Is the link still working? I can’t open the article.

It appears that the entire Kent Online website is down, as I can't even access the homepage.

The SouthParks article containing all the information regarding the delay can be found here.
Credit to the BubbleBoi

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 02, 2018 7:22 pm

Dan wrote:
PhNx Survivor wrote:
Is the link still working? I can’t open the article.

It appears that the entire Kent Online website is down, as I can't even access the homepage.

The SouthParks article containing all the information regarding the delay can be found here.

Thank you :)
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu May 10, 2018 7:52 pm

Further details of the proposals for London Resort have emerged today, including new plans to deliver the scheme in two phases, as well as revealing developers are close to agreements with six IP partners for phase 1.

SouthParks News have all the details.
Credit to the BubbleBoi

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 10, 2018 8:21 pm

3500 rooms. That's a lot of rooms. Admittedly the hotels have Thames Clipper access so they'll serve as useful hotels for staying in London but it's very optimistic still.

Really hoping this isn't just a scheme so they can get the infrastructure built and then turn around and say they can't build the park after all but they could build housing....

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 10, 2018 9:06 pm

This does remind me of another major theme park resort in France that was plagued with problems and was far too ambitions. Does Disneyland Paris ring a bell?

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 10, 2018 11:38 pm

3500 is indeed a lot, but they are saying they will be building the majority in the first phase, so they will likely build maybe 2500 to 3000 in the first phase, which I think is a somewhat sensible number, and if things are bad, then they can revise any further accommodation plans for the second phase. To be honest, doing the whole project in two separate phases is pretty sensible if you ask me.

I have to say, this latest update, whilst small, and with the development still way behind schedule, it has given me some renewed confidence that it can still happen. 

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Thu May 10, 2018 11:44 pm

Yes, same.

The amount of information in the update shows that LRCH have been very busy. Not that it is too relevant at the planning stage, but they should really keep the general public up to date a bit more to encourage consistent support for the project.

Most people have given up hope!

Qzzb_UK
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 10, 2018 11:48 pm

Does anyone know where this information was announced? The article doesn’t give any sources and the website/twitter for London resort hasn’t been updated

Katie
Team Admin
Team Admin

Fri May 11, 2018 6:32 am

As stated in the article, the information is from a meeting held between the Government Planning Inspectorate and LRCH on 9th March of which details were made available to SouthParks last night. I'm afraid we can't link to the source as it's not a source that can be linked to. I can assure you that it is 100% genuine though.

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 12, 2018 9:52 am

6 IP’s.. wonder what they could be?

I like how they have split the hotel and park in Gate 2 for further developments after Gate 1 is finished. But 3550 rooms.. that’s insane!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu May 31, 2018 1:46 pm

In a curious development, the London Resort website appears to have been taken down, with it no longer available at londonresort.info... The associated Facebook and Twitter pages do still exist though.

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 31, 2018 2:16 pm

I wonder if it's  possible they've thought of a new name that is at least a tiny bit better than "London Resort"...

Qzzb_UK
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 31, 2018 2:19 pm

Seems the name server has changed to ns1.domainhasexpired.com which also has broken the mail records.

Was re-registered with domainmonster on 23/05/2018. So might me misconfiguration. Still under Newgate communications ltd as the registered owner which it was before I believe

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:29 am

I’m sure if it’s anything.. we’ll hear something about this at some point in the future.

I would assume that the name could be changed as Robert has said. Something a bit better than “London Resort” would be nice!

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:06 pm

The London Resort website is still offline and Companies House have them listed as overdue on their confirmation statement.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07625574

The confirmation statement is pretty much tick some boxes and pay a small fee. Whilst it's not unheard of for this to lapse, of all the required reporting a business must do it is the simplest.

I'm getting the impression that no one is working much on this project anymore.

Bert2theSpark
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:09 pm

Swarm Chris wrote:
The London Resort website is still offline and Companies House have them listed as overdue on their confirmation statement.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07625574

The confirmation statement is pretty much tick some boxes and pay a small fee. Whilst it's not unheard of for this to lapse, of all the required reporting a business must do it is the simplest.

I'm getting the impression that no one is working much on this project anymore.

No one is working on this project, it is a project to hook in gullible investors and profit off the money made. It sounds a bit like a Ponzi scheme to be honest.
[Insert Signature Here]

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:55 pm

No one is working on this project, it is a project to hook in gullible investors and profit off the money made. It sounds a bit like a Ponzi scheme to be honest.

In your opinion..

Until we officially hear the project is dead, it is difficult to speculate.

Historically there have been many quiet periods, and then random news of out nowhere..

saw-x-smile
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:28 am

I think that Chris is right and we can't call the time of death just yet, but I also don't think we're going to see a miraculous recovery either.

Paramount Parks in the past weren’t known for their incredible management and this park is now becoming a discount Paramount Park. It isn't looking good. And even if they do end up continuing, we're more likely to have a Nara Dreamland situation here, in my opinion.

Qzzb_UK
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:30 am

You have to bear in mind a few things when looking at this park. People say its a scheme, I dont buy that. They have gone to the government to get significant project status with the planning directorate. 

Can anyone remember the last time a park was made from scratch? All of the UK ones have been going for a while (to my memory) so its not like planning a theme park in the UK is something that is done that frequently - they just put planning in for changes to existing ones. 

With the londonresort.info page I believe that this was run by a marketing company not the company itself. Believe it was Newgate communications from memory. It could be that the contract with Newgate has lapsed and thats why the domain has disappeared. Might find when (and if) it does come to the consultation stages the website will reappear in some form, as it was severely out of date anyway. 

Not saying that it will go ahead at all - im quite doubtful - but we dont know as its not every day that a project such as this is attempted in the UK. It would be good if the company were a little more vocal on twitter/social or a website to keep us updated. There was a story posted not that long ago on TTSP stating about the parters and plan it had announced. This was nowhere to be found online that I could find, just from TTSP so there is a communication channel somewhere just not that public.

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:36 pm

You have to take into consideration all the aspects of this project, like you have said something of this magnitude hasn’t been done in a long time in the UK.. I’m sure that this project is still alive and is being worked on.. it’s just very well hidden!

I can only imagine all the set backs that this project has had with the area it’s in, environmental effects to pollution, animal welfare, transport issues and multiple other effects to I imagine..

I agree it would be nice to hear something of a monthly update at least, but for now.. I guess we just have to wait :(

EDIT: This reminds me of the Halo Tv series that is very much alive.. but we have no idea about! It’s been a good 4/5 years now :lol (back to topic, sorry!)