UK theme parks from another point of view!

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Re: London Entertainment Resort - General Discussion

Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:35 pm

London Resort filed their confirmation statement yesterday (just under a month and a half late) and also got their website back up and running.

So there is again some life in this project.

Edit: I also find it amusing that they have a couple of free phone numbers listed. Whereas Merlin has a whole host of premium rate numbers, non-geographic ones if you create enough and I believe a single free phone number for VIP pass holders! :lol

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:14 pm

What does that mean then?
Don't take me serious..
But come, sit, have a drink.. don't mind me..
Hush little baby, don't say a word..
It'll only hurt forever.

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:37 pm

The confirmation statement is a yearly report required to ensure that the information the government holds on the company at Companies House is accurate. This is things like address and people with significant shareholding. It's a criminal offence to not file it and can lead to fines on the directors and steps being taken to force the company closed with any remaining cash or assets being forfeited to the crown.

So it basically means that they intend for the company to still exist. It should be noted that the company has had a few cases where Companies House have taken the first step to forcing them closed, where you can infer your own thoughts of those actions.