UK theme parks from another point of view!

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Rides & Attractions

Tue May 05, 2015 8:38 pm

Which rides and attractions are you hoping to appear in London Paramount? Whilst very little is known at this point the company has hinted at rides themed around IP's such as Doctor Who, Star Trek Titanic, etc. Plus in the most recent concept art there is some basic ride systems shown such as a rapids ride and a wooden coaster...

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Rides & Attractions

Tue May 05, 2015 8:41 pm

The wooden coaster has appeared in quite a lot of the pictures for the ride, the picture above, the entrance and the recently released concept- so I think a wooden coaster is likely!
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

Max
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 05, 2015 8:43 pm

I'd love to see something along the lines of Transformers/Spiderman at Universal. A place like this has potential for some really world class rides.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Tue May 05, 2015 8:43 pm

Just noticed, although it's probably very inaccurate - on the wooden coaster in the above image there is a vertical loop in the layout.

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue May 05, 2015 8:52 pm

They've been very cautious so far about mentioning any specifics regarding exactly what rides will be included, only specifying '12 major rides', 'water rides', and 'family rides'. We do know from the latest documents released that they are talking to 'leading designers and manufacturers', however we don't know exactly who.

Once the planning application is submitted at the end of this summer, the project will enter the 'detailed design phase' which should mean we will hopefully see much more information about what specifically will be included within the theme park.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue May 05, 2015 8:57 pm

From the London Paramount website:

The Entertainment Resort will contain a number of themed zones, with exciting rides and attractions for families, children and the more adventurous thrill-seeking visitor.

At the heart of the Entertainment Resort will be the Entertainment City, providing a wide range of indoor, covered and open-air experiences as well as a variety of cafes, bars and restaurants. The Entertainment City will be able to host a number of exciting events each year such as shows and music events.

Late afternoon every day the ‘Paramount and Friends Carnival’ is planned to take place. We are planning to follow this every evening with a spectacular show celebrating the works of Paramount Pictures and our other content partners.

Also in the evening, there will be a chance to enjoy a West End quality production at one of our theatres, indoor or outdoor venues. These venues could potentially showcase Paramount films, BBC and
Aardman productions and provide a stage for live comedy acts and concerts.

The heart of the Entertainment Resort will open to the public in Easter 2020, with additional rides and attractions scheduled to be unveiled soon after in the following years.

The last paragraph could suggest that we may not see a full line-up of rides and attractions open with the resort in 2020, instead we could see a staggered opening of attractions in the following years.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Tue May 05, 2015 11:22 pm

I guess a staggered opening of the rides and attractions wouldn't be such a big issue. A park needs time to build and expand and you can't expect everything to happen before opening. Lets just hope they have some good coasters open when they open the park.

TheBeast
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 06, 2015 8:05 am

I guess they do need to give it some publicity before they open all of the rides but how many rides can they stagger in reality? If they stagger them after 2020 when it opens then there is a limit on the amount of rides they keep adding, I'd say they probably could only add 5-6 after it opens
Credit to NemesisRider for an absolutely amazing signature, 100/10, definitely would recommend!

It's because I'm Batman!

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 06, 2015 10:17 pm

I just hope we get some big coasters like in the US, Coasters that are bigger, scarier and faster. I would love to see a bigger B&M flyer - given that Air is the only one in the UK and I personally dont rate it's layout that highly. I also hope they have a highly themed water ride like Valhalla and hopefully a good airtime machine that takes the UKs tallest title.

sw7nutter
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 07, 2015 1:54 pm

In part of the planning documents it stated the tallest coaster will stand 45m tall with the largest item in the park being a 60m tall mountain. Now I know they haven't released plans yet but I doubt they will deviate much from those figures.
As for a staggered opening of rides. I think it's just a fancy way of saying over time they will expand. I would still expect the range of 12 major rides upon opening.

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 14, 2015 8:26 pm

A few words... DISNEY QUALITY DARK RIDES!!!
Creds to NemesisRider!

Scarefest 2017 Hype Kicking in... all because of Rita Fan

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:42 pm

Another few words: MASSIVE BUSCH GARDENS STYLE COASTERS

Shashik
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:13 am

ohhh yes DISNEY QUALITY DARK RIDES!!!

ponder
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:35 pm

I think I'd prefer UNIVERSAL QUALITY DARK RIDES!!

Jamster42
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:46 pm

UNIVERSAL STYLE DARK RIDES AND BUSCH STYLE ROLLER COASTERS!!!
I hope that this park can at least get a few great coasters because this will be one of the only parks able to receive a high quality rollercoaster in the UK. On a side note dose anyone know any height restrictions this park will face for a busch style coaster?

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:32 pm

I noticed in the picture on the original post, the woodie looks REALLY long, unless it's just the scale. I know it's just a concept picture, but could we be seeing the world's longest woodie? I don't know what the record is so I can't really comment, but yeah.

mark_h
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:36 am

sum1mad wrote:
could we be seeing the world's longest woodie?

If they are going for that record they should aim to have the longest coaster (of any type) in the world.

According to Wikipedia the top three in the world are:
1st   Steel Dragon 2000   Steel   2000   Nagashima Spa Land   Japan   2,479 m
2nd   The Ultimate        Steel   1999   Lightwater Valley    UK      2,268 m
3rd   The Beast           Wood    1979   Kings Island         US      2,243 m

Looking at the dates of these rides suggests that park owners are not in a rush to compete in this category so the record may be relatively long lived (although Lightwater could add a few hundred meters and reclaim the crown). That a fairly small park can hold second place suggests that length is not considered a huge draw by park owners.

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:05 pm

Fair enough, but in hindsight 2.5 km seems quite far :lol

mark_h
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:06 am

Especially given the large plans they have for a relatively small site.

I would assume that their large rides will have some features that aid marketing (similar to the AT Worlds First policy) but we don't know what they are yet.

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:22 pm

Well, astonishing the wing does the job, for example if a minion themed ride (Dispicable Me) was mass marketed, it would pull in millions of families.