UK theme parks from another point of view!

Danny
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Re: Rides & Attractions

Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:26 pm

sum1mad wrote:
Well, astonishing the wing does the job, for example if a minion themed ride (Dispicable Me) was mass marketed, it would pull in millions of families.

Universal Studios have a Minions ride which is a great success :)

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:44 pm

I know :P

Also, theming* (the wing)

daymo74
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:54 pm

I guess the Top Gear ride idea may have been moved to a back burner for now.

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:47 pm

Wait, there was a top gear ride? :sus:

Yeah, for now I'd say it would be made into something else, due to recent stuff regarding Jeremy

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:38 pm

I would love to see a really awesome rapids ride. The UK lacks a really awesome water ride. I of course would love some world class coasters, but i really hope PP go for a big range of rides and attractions. I also hope they will hold an incredible Halloween event too with some brilliant horror attractions too.
Even the good can fall from grace

CharlesParry
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:05 pm

Dom wrote:
I would love to see a really awesome rapids ride. The UK lacks a really awesome water ride. I of course would love some world class coasters, but i really hope PP go for a big range of rides and attractions. I also hope they will hold an incredible Halloween event too with some brilliant horror attractions too.

This was one of the concept images released: http://www.londonparamount.info/media/1 ... e_isle.png
I know it is only concept art but it does appear a highly themed rapids ride is at least in consideration.

I don't think London Paramount will be doing many roller coasters, focusing more on stuff where the IP rights can be really shown off such as dark rides, motion simulators etc.

Theo
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:16 am

I know concept art isn't necessarily the best indicator of what's to come, but in the new Kent Online article I saw a new piece of concept art showing a white rollercoaster coming out of a building. The track looked very similar to Vekoma's models.

If anyone wants to see the article: http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent-busine ... ts-115049/

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:42 am

That isn't a new picture unfortunately.

I think they need to put in one or two rides that Merlin have never been able to.

Large B&M floorless, or Intamin Hyper etc. Would really get them on the map straight away.

Theo
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:32 pm

Baffles wrote:
That isn't a new picture unfortunately.

I think they need to put in one or two rides that Merlin have never been able to.

Large B&M floorless, or Intamin Hyper etc. Would really get them on the map straight away.

Wasn't it released that they weren't going above 140ft? or was that just speculation? and yes, I'd also love both of them rides, along with a Mack Mega coaster and an Intamin woodie with a good mixture of water and dark rides in between.