UK theme parks from another point of view!

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Knott's Berry Farm

Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:10 pm

It is unlikely as you already have an airtime based coaster (ghostrider) and the land is long and thin. I could imagine a mack ride like lost gravity being built there.

Disneyland Dreamer
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:14 am

The answer to every question about Knotts is Ghostrider. You come off and count your head, just to be sure. Magnificence in wood and now even better with the steel track.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:03 pm

So today is Boomerang's last day of operation. I doubt anyone is particularly gutted. :P

I've been wondering what'll happen to the ride. Seeing as the only reason it's being removed is space, could it be relocated? I can see them shipping it somewhere like Valleyfair to make one of these parks look less deprived.

The last major thrill coaster to be added at Knott's was Silver Bullet in 2004. Hopefully something good replaces Boomerang.
Rides on Dragon's Fury since SRQ installed:

2016: 17 | 2017: 35

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:49 am

I doubt that a major thrill coaster will replace Boomerang, its in quite a small area. The only possible thrill coaster I could see in its place would be a Gerstlauer Euro Fighter/Infinity Coaster or a Mack Big Dipper. I personally think a new flat ride will go in its place.

As for its new location, its most likely be a Cedar Fair park. I'm placing my bets on ether Valleyfair, Michigan's Adventure. But they could just give it to Cedar Point so they can get to the most coasters in a park title.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

nemefan08
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:58 am

I can't see Cedar Point getting it, they'll have RMC mean streak for 2018. The other parks need it more (even if it is a second hand boomerang).

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:36 pm

theparklifekid wrote:
I doubt that a major thrill coaster will replace Boomerang, its in quite a small area. The only possible thrill coaster I could see in its place would be a Gerstlauer Euro Fighter/Infinity Coaster or a Mack Big Dipper. I personally think a new flat ride will go in its place.

As mentioned above, there is a little more space than it initially seems, as a nearby flat and restaurant have gone. This is what they have to work with:

Plenty of room for something if they get creative. Space is so scarce at Knott's, I can't exactly see them removing a perfectly satisfactory coaster and flat ride to replace them with a single flat.

I can't see the Boomerang going to Cedar Point. Not only would location be an issue, it would just be so out of place and unpopular there. I would agree that it's most likely between Valleyfair and Michigan's Adventure.

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:11 am

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:31 pm

RMC are currently manufacturing a Raptor coaster - I wouldn't be surprised if that's what replaces Boomerang...

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 31, 2017 9:16 am

So Boomerang has completely come down. I wonder how long it'll be until we see it in Michigan ...

Credit to Shaun Harris

I'm really conflicted as to what I'd like to see here. Cedar Fair have confirmed that they'll be adding 4 coasters to the chain next year: the two RMC conversions, "a completely new type of coaster", and "a renewed relationships with a manufacturer who we haven't worked with in recent history". Although an RMC Raptor would fit in the space and would fit the "new type of coaster" clue, I'm a bit concerned about the capacity of these coasters. Knott's, being Cedar Fair's most visited park, could really do with another high-capacity thrill ride. That said, it'd be difficult to put such a throughput machine on such a small footprint.

saw-x-smile
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:37 am

I went to Knott's Berry last weekend and the new restaurant (I'm pretty sure) is already painted and has the signs up. You can clearly see it from Xcelerator. There's certainly not a lot of room so it'll definitely be interesting what they replace it with. That said, I'm pretty sure I had a conversation with an employee a few months back in which they revealed it would be another extreme ride. 
Scaremaze count: 16

jackf1tz
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:49 pm

Not long now! 8pm California Time!
This ride is perfectly safe. Everything has been designed for your comfort, and enjoyment.

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:05 am

Introducing 'HangTime'! The first dive coaster on the west coast of California.

This 2018 Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster will be one of the steepest coasters in the US. It includes:
- 96* Drop
- 150ft vertical lift
- 5 Inversions
- Max speed: 57mph
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

saw-x-smile
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:53 am

theparklifekid wrote:
Introducing 'HangTime'! The first dive coaster on the west coast of California.

This 2018 Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster will be one of the steepest coasters in the US. It includes:
- 96* Drop
- 150ft vertical lift
- 5 Inversions
- Max speed: 57mph

This looks soo good. I'm glad that this is coming but I thought that they were building another restaurant in that area?

jackf1tz
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:56 pm

Might have been near it, I'd rather a coaster then a restaurant anyway :-)
This ride is perfectly safe. Everything has been designed for your comfort, and enjoyment.

saw-x-smile
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:34 pm

Yeah same. It seems like a no brainer to replace a rollercoaster with a rollercoaster, if nothing else but crowd distribution. Plus it makes v happy fans.