UK theme parks from another point of view!

We are recruiting! A fantastical opportunity has arisen for someone to join Team TTSP as a Forum Moderator. See TTSP News & Your Views for more details.

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Walt Disney World - Epcot

Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:01 pm

Description suggests it's as much a dark ride as a rollercoaster and if it was something especially intense, you'd expect them to show it off more if it was an intense coaster so I'd be surprised if it was any more intense than something like Expedition Everest or Thirteen. 100ft is very tall for a ride without a drop to show off too, about the height of the Jurassic Park River Adventure building, you've got to imagine there's a reason to go to that expense.

Disney did recently file a patent for a long armed suspended swinging coaster which probably would require a large building but again you'd think they'd want to show off a novel ride system as much as possible rather than keep most of it indoors.

I'd imagine the Gringotts bank coaster was seen as a bit of a blow to Disney Imagineer's pride so maybe it'll be a "it does everything" technical showcase but that leaves the 'world first' element to ponder.

Guessing they'll need to reveal the ride system before heavy work starts (they've already put up construction walls) otherwise people will guess it from evidence/leaks so we'll probably get more info in the next month or two.

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Walt Disney World - Epcot

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:48 pm

Given that Disney have basically cancelled Gigantic, I'd guess the plans for a Spanish pavilion have also been put on hold.