From the USA to Australia, talk about what the rest of the world has to offer here.
TT Member
User

rita's girl

Re: Epcot

by rita's girl » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:43 am

when we went in november people told me to do Epcot 1st as it was rubbish.

To be honest we went there most days for a hour or so while waiting for the bus back to the hotel. We loved it, its interesting and different.
Me x
TT Member
User

Mattmash

by Mattmash » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:56 pm

It's been 15 years since I was lucky enough to go to Florida, but Epcot is definately one of the places I remember most fondly (along with Busch). It was certainly my favourite Disney park, each 'country' had great theming and felt completely different to the last and I will never forget sitting on the edge of the lake watching the awesome fireworks display.

Of course, a lot of attractions have been added to all the parks since then, and a completely new park in IOA, but when I return sometime (hopefully) in the near future I will certainly put aside a day for Epcot.
TT Member
User

zs chris

by zs chris » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:24 pm

Epcot is by far my favourite Disney park, I always go in October, for the food festival they have on, where extra stalls are added for more countries and each country sells a small taster of food for between $2-$8, usually 2-3 items and an alcoholic drink from the country, I think its a fantastic touch! (although eating your way round 20 countries can be difficult!)

The portrayal of all the countries as well (if not slightly stereotypical) is something I enjoy every time I visit.

The rides are very innovative and different to any other park around, and the Innovations section always used to be my favourite when I was young!

Who can forget Bill Nighy the Science Guy and Figment!
TT Member
User

JarethDrakul

by JarethDrakul » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:27 pm

I like Epcot, though it doesn't have many rides the ones it does have are great. I think Epcot was one of my favourite parks when I went to Florida (after Universal Studios). The countries are very nice, I love the detail that disney has done to them. I really would love to go back...just for that shop in Japan, I could have spent the whole day in there I think haha.

Zs_chris:
Yeah the countries are abit stereotypical, I was going to go on this program they had and if I remember correctly you had to represent your country this way and that it was weird haha. I didn't bother to apply because I didn't agree with the appearance rules (well the hair rule to be exact).

Yay for Figment, so glad they brought him back, when I went in 2000 he wasn't there....the ride was pretty dull without him I must say.
TT Member
User

AltonThorpe

by AltonThorpe » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:54 pm

I love the countries, especially Morocco. Disney put so much detail in the "backstreets", it's great. Also I love the way that they have Beatles impersonators in the UK. :P
England 38-21 New Zealand - 1st December 2012

Twickenham Stadium

TT Member
User

abigsmurf

Walt Disney World - Epcot

by abigsmurf » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:02 pm

The good news:
Disney have announced a frozen ride at Epcot

The bad news:
It's replacing Maelstrom.

It's a bit of a shame, Maelstrom was one of those fun little Disney rides where the fact it was a bit tacky just added to its charm. Plus it's a ride that's relatively hidden and a nice unexpected surprise.

TT Member
User

abigsmurf

Re: Walt Disney World - Epcot

by abigsmurf » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:09 pm

Rumours of changes and additions to the World Pavillion.

Spain looks set to finally happen with a tie in to next year's Gigantic. Mexico could be getting another retheme (this time for the film Coco).

Brazil is another country they're looking at adding.

Also seems like the UK could get an attraction (Mary Poppins seems likely given the sequel is being made).

http://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/arch ... -for-epcot
Previous