From the USA to Australia, talk about what the rest of the world has to offer here.
TT Member
User

ThemeParkCrafter

Re: Universal Orlando Resort

by ThemeParkCrafter » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:24 pm

My major fear is what happens if people don't go because they are too busy in the 'queue'. This will only be made worse if people don't sit where they are supposed to like yesterday. There may be overcrowding due to this and I hope universal has ideas to prevent this occurring!
TT Member
User

Alex

by Alex » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:12 pm

There's some new drone footage from over Volcano Bay, once all the trees are planted it's going to look stunning!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM7OPZMxSYE
TT Member
User

Owen

by Owen » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:05 am

I'm not sure what people were expecting from Fallon. Personally it sounds (as I've not actually been on it) exactly how I expected it to, it's a nice little attraction that the family can enjoy. Expecting something incredible from this would be quite frankly, ridiculous.

I also wonder how many issues the system is having right now that may be hindering experiences, seeing as this is allegedly using first of its kind tech - it would be interesting to know :-k
TT Member
User

Alex

by Alex » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:07 pm

It was always intended to be a D ticket attraction but things just get hyped up these days with social media and forums.
TT Member
User

Alex

by Alex » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:16 am

Most of the scaffolding is now down on the Volcano, it's certainly going to be Universal's most picturesque park!

If you look closely above the platform there are faces carved into the Volcano which is a nice touch.

They've also been testing the waterfall on the Volcano today

https://twitter.com/Orlando_United/stat ... 8898292737
TT Member
User

MakoMania

by MakoMania » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:23 am

Looking fantastic!

Come on Aquatica, we'll have to step our game up!
Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the signature!

Wave Breaker: Intamin launch coaster coming to SeaWorld San Antonio in 2017!

SeaWorld has rescued over 30,000 animals!

TT Member
User

rosco1982uk

by rosco1982uk » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:38 am

In Universal the now and just managed to get a soft opening ride on Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon. I also got to finally do Kong.

It feels like Universal - who brought world classics like the Hulk, Jaws etc - have just stopped trying.

Today I went on:

Spider-Man: a moving 3D simulator
Despicable Me: a moving 3D simulator
Transformers: a moving 3D simulator
Escape from Gringots: a moving 3D simulator

Kong: a moving 3D simulator
Jimmy Fallon: a moving 3D simulator

The new Jimmy Fallon ride is terrible. The queue is identical to the studios in the Rockefeller centre. But the ride is a simple 90 seat moving theatre with 3D glasses. No real groundbreaking surprises at all.

Universal just seem to keep sticking 3D rides in and hoping nobody notices a total lack of variety any more.

TT Member
User

abigsmurf

by abigsmurf » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:04 am

Possibly a bit harsh on Gringotts given that ride does a lot of neat things that you don't normally see on family rides (and certainly never together) . I will say though that it desperately needed a physical set piece for the finale though. Kinda bummed that I went on it through the single riders queue which is just a dull spiral staircase before boarding only to find out after I left that there's a whole bunch of neat stuff in the regular queue.

The reliance of 3D projections for their newer rides is becoming a bit of an issue for Universal though. It's starting to look to be a lazy cost saving measure more than the best way of doing a ride and it's killing the variety a bit.

Isn't The Fast and The Furious also using the Kong ride system?

Disney seem to moving ahead of Universal again in terms of ride tech (even if Ratatouille doesn't hold up to either Transformers or Spider-man)
TT Member
User

Owen

by Owen » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:18 am

Luckily, Universal's next attractions are all expected to be physical sets.

Whilst I agree they need to get some variety I would also say it's a bit harsh on Gringotts and Spiderman :P

Fallon is meant to be a filler at the end on the day - although Fast & Furious I have pretty low hopes for...
TT Member
User

Owen

by Owen » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:08 pm

American Horror Story has been confirmed to be returning for HHN27, but with three new stories to discover. Escape the Asylum, join the Coven and survive Roanoke in this years version of the largest maze in HHN history!

Video here!
TT Member
User

Alex

by Alex » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:21 pm

abigsmurf wrote:Isn't The Fast and The Furious also using the Kong ride system?

Disney seem to moving ahead of Universal again in terms of ride tech (even if Ratatouille doesn't hold up to either Transformers or Spider-man)

There was some rumours recently of a redesign although I'm not holding out much hope.

Disney's newest rides don't really offer much ahead of what they already have, the two Avatar rides use tech they've already used before with Soarin and Pirates (although on a lesser scale)

As Owen says Uni's next developments won't be screen based, the new HP development is rumoured to be physical sets as is all the Nintendo rides.

TT Member
User

abigsmurf

by abigsmurf » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:59 pm

If Disney build on the tech they've used in Frozen and seven dwarfs, the Avatar ride could be very impressive, much more than simply a rethemed Pirates.

I am looking massively forward to Nintendoland and whatever they do for Harry Potter (although I suspect the latter may 'just' be a pure rollercoaster).
TT Member
User

Alex

by Alex » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:55 pm

We've got some new aerials from MickyXtreme, Uni have started to theme the supports for the water coaster

I think I mentioned quite a few pages back about the patents they made about colour changing sand, there seems to be some "lava flow" shapes appearing on the wave pool beach, perhaps an indication that something along those lines might be appearing.

Link http://mickeyxtreme.net/blog/new-aerials-from-volcano-bay-water-park-at-universal-orlando
Forum Leader
User

Dom

by Dom » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:48 pm

Christmas will be arriving early at both Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley this year as from November both Harry Potter area's will be getting a full on Christmas make over. It will be split into four parts to the festive makeover. The first will be the decor. The second will be all-new night time experience of Hogwarts castle using the latest in map projection technology. Third is the Holiday food taken straight from the stories will be available in Diagon Alley and fourth will be the live entertainment.

More detail can be found in this Youtube video
Previous