UK theme parks from another point of view!

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Universal Orlando Resort

Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:48 pm

Judging by the way the track is passing through those supports I'd guess there isn't the space for a cycle + sidecar train. Despite the launches, it seems the ride is going to be pretty mild, moreso that Thirteen.

Looks like it's going the Gringotts route of cramming in as many neat ride elements as they can rather than going for pure thrills. I like that but looks people hoping for an intense ride are going to be disappointed.

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:10 am

So.. it’s been confirmed that there will be a drop section on the new ride.. if anyone didn’t know that already..

And the launch systems are either all in place or are getting in place, it’s something to note that the launch segments are spaced out. This could represent Hagrids motorbike when it backfires and jolts, as shown in the Deathly Hallows chase scene a few times.

More ground work being done.. generally looks good!

The Jurassic Park (World) roller coaster is also now starting to get a few noticeable points, as more screws and markings have been put in the ground.

All can be seen in this video link :)
https://youtu.be/bhyJVuuKMRU

EDIT: The drop section is said to be roughly a 30ft drop.. that’s quite a big drop if true.. how big is Th13teen’s drop?
Don't take me serious..
But come, sit, have a drink.. don't mind me..
Hush little baby, don't say a word..
It'll only hurt forever.

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:47 am

Th13teen's freefall drop is about 1/2 what is expected to be the freefall drop for the Harry Potter Coaster at around 15ft.