From the USA to Australia, talk about what the rest of the world has to offer here.

SeaWorld Orlando

TT Member
User

MakoMania

Re: SeaWorld Orlando

by MakoMania » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:08 pm

Dolphin Days will open in place of Blue Horizons on April 1st, looking forward to seeing what is done with this, hopefully the Pilot Whales will be in most shows!
Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the signature!

Infinity Falls; World's tallest river rapids opening summer 2018 at SeaWorld Orlando!

SeaWorld has rescued over 30,000 animals!
TT Member
User

MakoMania

by MakoMania » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:11 pm

The website has been updated with a new description of Electric Ocean, new for 2017 running nightly June 17th-August 6th!

Surf beyond your expectations as the sea comes alive at night and dive into Electric Ocean, SeaWorld’s all-new summer nighttime celebration! Electric Ocean is an outrageous festival of lights, music, and life that’s as vibrant as the sea itself. Give yourself permission to voyage into exotic underwater worlds that come alive as the sun sets with brilliant energy, electrifying dance music, and dazzling light. Join live performers inspired by playful sea creatures at the party along the shore where world-class DJ’s transform the night into an all-ages club beneath the waves. Dance along to Shamu’s Celebration: Light Up The Night and then surf the wave to a whole new level with a fireworks and fountains spectacular that brings the brilliant colors of the sea to the skies above the park.
Electric Ocean is your family’s electrifying destination for the ultimate nighttime celebration. Summer nights at SeaWorld have never been brighter!

Also, if I may :P, I'd like to point out that Dolphin Days (opening April 1st!) represents the 6th new experience arriving at SeaWorld Orlando in 2017!

Dolphin Days (From April 1st)
Seven Seas Food Festival (Saturdays Feb 11-May 13)
Kraken VR (summer 2017)
Dolphin Nursery (summer 2017)
New show @ Nautilus Theater (May 2017)
Electric Ocean (June 17-August 6)

2018 should be good as well, and 2019, and 2020 :P

Infinity Falls; World's tallest river rapids opening summer 2018 at SeaWorld Orlando!

TT Member
User

MakoMania

by MakoMania » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:03 pm

The Sky Tower reopened yesterday for the first time since June 2016, allowing for some fantastic aerial shots of Mako, as well as Dolphin Nursery construction! You can even see the 4 new slideout areas. They have a lot to do to install the false bottom they were talking about.

Credit to Wild Gravity Travels, check them out!

TT Member
User

MakoMania

by MakoMania » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:25 am

Yesterday marked the last ever show of Blue Horizons at SeaWorld Orlando, a brand new show called Dolphin Days will open later today and I'll be sure to update you all when I have more information!

Anyway, here is a great video of the very last performance of Blue Horizons with an extra special post-show!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qhnyIMvLWlQ

TT Member
User

MakoMania

by MakoMania » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:05 pm

Dolphin Days opened this past weekend at SeaWorld Orlando to positive reviews from guests! The show has a much larger emphasis on the dolphins themselves than Blue Horizons did and has a more laid back, Carribean type feel. It marks the start of a very exciting few months for the park's bottlenose dolphin program with the all new Dolphin Nursery also opening within the next 2-3 months!

TT Member
User

MakoMania

by MakoMania » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:24 pm

The best park in Orlando now has the best website in Orlando, check it out!

https://seaworld.com/orlando/

I'm hearing that the 2018 project will be announced sometime around 13th April.

TT Member
User

MakoMania

by MakoMania » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:42 am

The park will make an announcement this Thursday

TT Member
User

MakoMania

by MakoMania » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:50 pm

Here are just some of the many things that could be on the agenda for the media event/announcement tomorrow:

2018 attraction
Kraken VR opening date
Dolphin Nursery opening date
Details of the new show coming to Nautilus Theater this summer
More Electric Ocean details

Some have even suggested that the company may be planning to unveil a 5 year plan for all of their parks however in my personal opinion this is highly unlikely.

TT Member
User

MakoMania

by MakoMania » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:38 pm

No official announcement yet but I can say for sure that the park will add a River Rapids in 2018 with "never before seen features and elements".

EDIT: Introducing Infinity Falls, more details as I get them!

TT Member
User

ThemeCrafter264

by ThemeCrafter264 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Last edited by ThemeCrafter264 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TT Member
User

MakoMania

by MakoMania » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:13 pm

Here's a link to the video TPC posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VJBbL6kMc ... jLtiEIoaZw

In other news Kraken Unleashed will open June 16th!

The new show in Nautilus Theater, "Pop" will open May 26th.

"To bring Infinity Falls to life, designers were inspired by the rainforests of South America and the flowing rivers found within. Each raft will twist and turn through a lush jungle environment as guests experience the feel of exhilarating Class IV rapids. A unique vertical elevator will lift each raft for a dramatic launch into the river, 40 feet below.

“Water makes up more than 70% of our planet,” said Brian Morrow, Vice President of Theme Park Design Experience. “We developed Infinity Falls to tell new stories that showcase the beauty and sheer power of water and the amazing wildlife that lives in it. The result is a new river rapids adventure for our guests to explore, and actively help freshwater ecosystems in a way that only SeaWorld can bring to life.”

The addition of Infinity Falls is the perfect addition to SeaWorld’s ever-growing ride portfolio. From the roller coaster thrills of Mako, Manta and Kraken to the water flume fun of Journey to Atlantis, Infinity Falls will soon join the park’s famed attractions as a must-do experience in Orlando.

Infinity Falls will be the centerpiece of a newly themed surrounding area, fully immersing guests in a rainforest canopy. After riding the rapids on Infinity Falls, the entire family can explore the village and take part in interactive experiences that combine play with education to create a positive impact on freshwater ecosystems. SeaWorld’s Animal Ambassadors will also provide up-close encounters with animals native to South America.

Infinity Falls will open at SeaWorld Orlando in summer 2018."

Fabulous
User

Dom

by Dom » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:27 pm

I must admit, I'm already extremely excited by this. I haven't seen a rapids construction yet, so it will be great to see how this progresses
TT Member
User

ponder

by ponder » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:26 pm

MakoMania wrote:In other news Kraken Unleashed will open June 16th!

Does that mean Kraken won't be open in early June?
TT Member
User

MakoMania

by MakoMania » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:36 pm

ponder wrote:

Unfortunately so. Although I wouldn't rule out soft openings as SeaWorld do like to do that kind of thing.

Even if it doesn't you'll still have two world class B&Ms to experience :)

Team Admin
User

Chris

by Chris » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:06 am

Infinity Falls looks great! Where is it going again?
TT Member
User

MakoMania

by MakoMania » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:15 am

Baffles wrote:Infinity Falls looks great! Where is it going again?

Where the Sea Garden was near to Terrace BBQ, inbetween Mako and Shamu Stadium :)
The animals from Sea Garden will be temporarily relocated before being brought back as a part of the wider Infinity Falls realm.

TT Member
User

ponder

by ponder » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:45 pm

MakoMania wrote:
ponder wrote:

Unfortunately so. Although I wouldn't rule out soft openings as SeaWorld do like to do that kind of thing.

Even if it doesn't you'll still have two world class B&Ms to experience :)

Well that sucks. Closed to add a gimmick nobody wants. Hey ho.

Manta's fun, I'll have to decide if Mako is world class or not. The reviews suggest not (in comparison to other B&M hypers, anyway), but it'll still be fun to ride.
TT Member
User

ThemeCrafter264

by ThemeCrafter264 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:04 pm

I don't think this has been mentioned but Kraken Unleashed is going to be having the blue/ purple monster replaced by a female squid, there is going to be some sort of virtual queue and a redesigned queue/ loading area.
TT Member
User

MakoMania

by MakoMania » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:21 pm

ThemeParkCrafter wrote:I don't think this has been mentioned but Kraken Unleashed is going to be having the blue/ purple monster replaced by a female squid, there is going to be some sort of virtual queue and a redesigned queue/ loading area.

Yeah, this is the reason why Kraken will be closed for so long.

TT Member
User

MakoMania

by MakoMania » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:20 pm

Walls are now up for Infinity Falls and Kraken Unleashed!

Credit to Wild Gravity Travels.

PreviousNext