UK theme parks from another point of view!

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Re: SeaWorld Orlando

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:39 pm

I saw this! I can't wait to see the calf because it really is quite adorable :P

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:00 pm

This is a great overall park update video showing progress on Dolphin Nursery, Kraken Unleashed, Infinity Falls, FlameCraft Bar and preparations for Electric Ocean which will run until 10pm every day from this Saturday until August 6th! If you're in Orlando during these dates, I highly reccomend checking this event out! Night rides on Mako are just :love:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z6V-RLDn5Uo
Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the signature!

Infinity Falls; World's tallest river rapids opening summer 2018 at SeaWorld Orlando!
SeaWorld has rescued over 31,000 animals in need!

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:30 pm

The full Kraken Unleashed VR footage can be seen here:

https://m.youtube.com/user/BestOfOrlando

Infinity Falls; World's tallest river rapids opening summer 2018 at SeaWorld Orlando!

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:21 pm

:O I am very surprised by this!

Although Alton may need a look at this, and then at Galactica... :sus:

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:36 am

While the render does indeed look great how it looks through the headset is the question. No doubt it'll always look good coming straight from the source.

What Seaworld have done though is much better than what Figment / Alton Towers did for Galactica, the segment is by far more adventurous and beautiful. Regardless of this I still believe VR on coasters need to stop.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:54 pm

Figment Productions have shared a couple of things relating to Kraken Unleashed on their Facebook page, suggesting that they are the company who have provided the VR hardware and/or content.

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:22 pm

Kraken Unleashed currently has a 400 minute wait on the virtual queue system :P

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:59 pm

lewis97 wrote:
Figment Productions have shared a couple of things relating to Kraken Unleashed on their Facebook page, suggesting that they are the company who have provided the VR hardware and/or content.

Indeed. I believe this was confirmed back when the change was announced! :)

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:20 am

Electric Ocean has an annual passholder preview last night and it is getting rave reviews all round!

https://mobile.twitter.com/ORLParkPass/ ... 44/video/1

Smiler313
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:26 am

The VR video looks more consistent in terms of detailing compared to the likes of Galactica.
'You are now embarking on an Optical procedure'

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:44 am

I suppose though you could argue the fact that Space in general would not need as much detailing as something like an underwater coral reef / sunken city etc. By the looks of things as well these are similar headsets if not the same as the replacements on Galactica.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:30 pm

I think you could have a lot going on with Galactica actually, considering the idea is to bring you to fictional locations there is much more opportunity for there to be some more interesting experiences. To me personally it shows how lacking Galactica is, after the lift and supernova there's really nothing too interesting going on...

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:32 pm

The new Dolphin Nursery opened today!

Meanwhile, the park is definitely getting busier:
https://scontent.fman1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=59DE358E

(Not sure how to work images on the new forum system :? )

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:51 pm

I'm going to give where credit is due for Ignite (the new nighttime spectacular, as part of Electric Ocean). The beginning is phenomenal, with a great piece of music used as the theme and the bit before then. Seriously, better than any of Universal's nighttime spectaculars, including the new Hogwarts castle (which looks meh). I'm not such a big fan of the middle section because although it fits the Electric Ocean theme, it feels very weird, with pop music. The finale is fortunately better but still doesn't match the beginning. Overall, I would give it 7/10, but personally I would rather watch Happily Ever After at MK due to the Disney characters, a better overall show for music and projection mapping.

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:42 am

In a rare snippet of summer news, SeaWorld Orlando have announced that they will be beginning a "Killer Whales Up-Close Tour" from this Friday! It will be similar to the tours that the park has offered with Dolphins, Sea Lions, Beluga Whales and Sharks for years, except that for obvious reasons guests will not be able to touch the Killer Whales. This is another step by the park in trying to become more transparrent about their Killer Whale care and defend themselves from sensationalist media attacks (which do appear to be on the decline) much like Alton Towers is enduring at the minute. The tour will include a one on one interaction with a Killer Whale as well as a behind the scenes look at veterinary, food prep and possibly even life support system areas. The tour will be hosted by the Killer Whale training staff themselves with the opportunity to ask questions to them directly.

SeaWorld do seem to be handling this PR nightmare in a good way now after previously schooling the world in how not to respond to a PR crisis :P

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:13 pm

Electric Ocean as a whole does look fantastic! I am a bit gutted I'm going to miss it...

ThemeCrafter264 wrote:
Seriously, better than any of Universal's nighttime spectaculars, including the new Hogwarts castle (which looks meh).

You can judge/compare this to a show that hasn't even been debuted? :-s

Also, don't forget the mess that is Disney's Rivers of Light! :lol

It's definitely better then the cinematic spectacular, and up there with the better Disney shows (that being said I've not actually seen them in person which means my opinion isn't the best). Great to see!

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:27 pm

I am heartbroken to report that Whisper's calf passed away only seconds after birth earlier this week. After the calf was born, it took a brief breath of air at the surface but did not resurface. The team immediately intervened to try to assist the calf but their attempts were unfortunately not successful. Whisper is still under 24 hour care and observation behind the scenes at Wild Arctic and will remain so until the team can be certain that she is healthy and acting normally. Beluga Whales have one of the highest mortality rates for newborns of all mammals, especially for first time mothers such as Whisper. However, this does not make this any easier for the Wild Arctic team at SeaWorld Orlando and my thoughts are with them as well as with Whisper and Naluark at this very difficult time. A full post mortem examination will take place with results expected in around six weeks.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:02 pm

Oh no that is such a shame :( I hope Whisper is doing well though.
Even the good can fall from grace

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:23 am

Just a quick update: the new Flamecraft Bar is now open! (It does look rather nice with great lake views.)
The bar is located in the Waterfront area of SeaWorld inbetween the new Dolphin Nursery and the Sky Tower (which has seen its reliability improve dramatically in recent weeks) :)

Over at Infinity Falls, ground clearing has nearly been completed, foundation work has commenced and vertical construction is likely not too far away!

It also seems increasingly likely that Orca Encounter will be opening in 2018 at SeaWorld Orlando rather than in 2019 as was previously thought. It seems its success in San Diego has convinced SeaWorld to accelerate the presentation's roll out in Florida. This means that 2017 will probably be the last year of the popular "One Ocean" theatrical Shamu show.

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:58 am

Owen wrote:
Electric Ocean as a whole does look fantastic! I am a bit gutted I'm going to miss it

You're in luck! Extra dates have been added due to popularity! The event now runs on every Saturday in August :)