UK theme parks from another point of view!

 
User avatar
bobwadd
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:29 am
Location: Central Florida, USA
Contact:

Re: Cobra's Curse Busch Gardens 2016

Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:47 pm

Thanks for the mention Lewis.

You can visit Cobra's Curse ~ Pixels at the Parks to see all the articles.
 
User avatar
lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 4042
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:41 am
Location: Hertfordshire / York

Re: Cobra's Curse Busch Gardens 2016

Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:05 pm

Busch Gardens Tampa posted a short video on their Facebook providing a look at construction progress around the site as well as revealing the ride's logo.

Image
Image
 
User avatar
lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 4042
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:41 am
Location: Hertfordshire / York

Re: Cobra's Curse Busch Gardens 2016

Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:19 pm

A model of Cobra's Curse has been unveiled at Mack Rides' IAAPA booth, with these images coming from the Orlando Theme Park News Facebook page.

Image

Image

Image

Image
Image
 
User avatar
Rita Fan
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:34 pm
Location: Erm, Mars, by the looks of things...

Re: Cobra's Curse Busch Gardens 2016

Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:26 pm

lewis97 wrote:
Image


Didn't know nurses went to Busch gardens in full uniform :lol
Last edited by lewis97 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quote
Erm, change of plan, I prefer The Smiler. Rita's rubbish. Should have thought of that...

Scarefest 2016 hype is all gone... all because of Stan.H.
 
User avatar
Capt. Barnacles
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 747
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:19 pm
Location: Stoke-on-Trent

Re: Cobra's Curse Busch Gardens 2016

Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:27 am

InTheLoop posted this video showing off how much track has gone in place, looks like lots has gone in, and I didn't know that the ride got THAT close to Montu!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDljkSv2eHE
Image
Image
Keep up with Virtual Towers Online on our social media!
 
User avatar
Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin
Posts: 3098
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 12:20 pm
Location: Warwickshire

Re: Cobra's Curse Busch Gardens 2016

Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:33 pm

Work is progressing quite swiftly now on Cobra's Curse with the station, queue buildings and maintenance bays well underway as shown in the image below:

Image

Credit to Pixels At The Parks Twitter for the photo.
Image
 
User avatar
Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin
Posts: 3098
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 12:20 pm
Location: Warwickshire

Re: Cobra's Curse Busch Gardens 2016

Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:42 pm

Busch Gardens have taken delivery of the cars for Cobra's Curse as shown in the following image posted today on the Busch Gardens Twitter account.

Image
Image
 
User avatar
Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
Posts: 3190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:25 pm
Location: Hastings

Re: Cobra's Curse Busch Gardens 2016

Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:49 pm

I assume this will be a spring opening?

With petty much all the track in place, and the cars now delivered it must be soon, the main things to finish are the vertical lift, landscaping and the various theming elements with maybe a bit of track here and there.


Personally I feel that this and Mako will help SeaWorld Parks Orlando a great dea and I look forward to experiencing both these attractions in 2017!
Image
Image
Image
 
User avatar
MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1288
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:29 am
Location: Who knows?

Re: Cobra's Curse Busch Gardens 2016

Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:22 pm

Owen wrote:
I assume this will be a spring opening?


Yes, this has been confirmed by SeaWorld Entertainment's creative director Brian Morrow :)
Image
Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the signature!

Infinity Falls; World's tallest river rapids opening summer 2018 at SeaWorld Orlando!
SeaWorld has rescued over 30,000 animals in need!
 
rosco1982uk
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:31 pm

Re: Cobra's Curse Busch Gardens 2016

Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:23 pm

Just back from Busch Gardens.

I'd be amazed if this opens for Spring. Weather over there hasn't been too clever recently and it only looked like a few supports were up. Shame that Montu was closed during construction.

On a plus point - Falcon's Fury is a proper palm sweater as you're slowly raised 300ft.


EDIT - looks like most track is actually up according to Busch Gardens - can't be that tall a ride then as very little was visible on park.
 
User avatar
Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
Posts: 3190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:25 pm
Location: Hastings

Re: Cobra's Curse Busch Gardens 2016

Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:56 pm

rosco1982uk wrote:
Just back from Busch Gardens.

I'd be amazed if this opens for Spring. Weather over there hasn't been too clever recently and it only looked like a few supports were up. Shame that Montu was closed during construction.

On a plus point - Falcon's Fury is a proper palm sweater as you're slowly raised 300ft.


EDIT - looks like most track is actually up according to Busch Gardens - can't be that tall a ride then as very little was visible on park.


The ride is almost complete and reaches a maximum height of 70ft, and seeing as this is a family coaster - that's pretty high!

Although the this definitely won't be one of those rides you admire for its height, it will be one that you admire for its detail and it's outdoor lift, I am liking the strategy the SeaWorld parks have went for tis year - adding Mako at SeaWorkd Orlando and Cobra's Curse at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, both amazing top qui lift rides each suited for a different target audience!
Image
Image
Image
 
User avatar
Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin
Posts: 3098
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 12:20 pm
Location: Warwickshire

Re: Cobra's Curse Busch Gardens 2016

Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:52 pm

Pixels at the Parks have posted a photo of the progress of the vertical lift on Cobra's Curse. It'll be interesting to see how this type of lift works with the spinning coaster as it's certainly not something I've seen before. Construction overall seems to be progressing at quite a pace - I don't think it will be too much longer until the track is completed.

Image
Image
 
User avatar
Luce
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
Posts: 1900
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Sussex

Re: Cobra's Curse Busch Gardens 2016

Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:39 am

I really like the look of this coaster and think it will be a nice addition to Busch Gardens. I also reckon the vertical lift will be something similar/updated version of the lift on Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster at Warner Bros in Australia which is a great ride.
Image

Image
 
User avatar
Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1644
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Midlands
Contact:

Re: Cobra's Curse Busch Gardens 2016

Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:33 pm

I use to love Busch Gardens. We went Sept 07&08. The 07 visit was very good the weather was overcast all day and the park was empty so got lots of rides done but on the 08 visit we got on many rides up to lunch time then a storm came and all outdoor rides and shows shutdown. We went for lunch and afterwards it had stopped raining. Went over to Rhino rally and staff said no outdoor attractions could reopen to the storm was more than 5 miles away from the park.
We saw a couple of shows and left early and we all thought it was a wasted day for only 3 hours of rides and a 3 hr drive there and back.
 
User avatar
Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
Posts: 3190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:25 pm
Location: Hastings

Re: Cobra's Curse Busch Gardens 2016

Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:05 pm

Due to safety, SeaWorld Parks close outdoor attractions if a storm is within a 5 mile radius.

It may seem annoying but I'd much rather have a less eventful day than get fried by lightning while in a ride! ;)
Image
Image
Image
 
User avatar
Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1644
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Midlands
Contact:

Re: Cobra's Curse Busch Gardens 2016

Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:51 pm

Owen wrote:
Due to safety, SeaWorld Parks close outdoor attractions if a storm is within a 5 mile radius.

It may seem annoying but I'd much rather have a less eventful day than get fried by lightning while in a ride! ;)


I do understand it and know the reason why I was just saying it's hard to plan for a day at Sea world and Busch Gardens in the summer months as nearly every day they have thunderstorms so that's why we don't go Busch Gardens anymore or even Sea world as it's quite a walk from the Lynx bus stop.
 
User avatar
ponder
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 590
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:38 pm
Location: Nr Colchester, Essex

Re: Cobra's Curse Busch Gardens 2016

Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:51 pm

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:
Owen wrote:
Due to safety, SeaWorld Parks close outdoor attractions if a storm is within a 5 mile radius.

It may seem annoying but I'd much rather have a less eventful day than get fried by lightning while in a ride! ;)


I do understand it and know the reason why I was just saying it's hard to plan for a day at Sea world and Busch Gardens in the summer months as nearly every day they have thunderstorms so that's why we don't go Busch Gardens anymore or even Sea world as it's quite a walk from the Lynx bus stop.


Just out of interest, why use Lynx for Seaworld when they have an I-Ride stop on site?

I get where you're coming from though. We had storms when we visited Aquatica, and twice I queued to get to the top of a water slide and on both occasions it got closed due to storms. My visit consisted of the wave pool... and that was it!
 
User avatar
Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1644
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Midlands
Contact:

Re: Cobra's Curse Busch Gardens 2016

Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:45 pm

ponder wrote:
Themeparksandy1981 wrote:
Owen wrote:
Due to safety, SeaWorld Parks close outdoor attractions if a storm is within a 5 mile radius.

It may seem annoying but I'd much rather have a less eventful day than get fried by lightning while in a ride! ;)


I do understand it and know the reason why I was just saying it's hard to plan for a day at Sea world and Busch Gardens in the summer months as nearly every day they have thunderstorms so that's why we don't go Busch Gardens anymore or even Sea world as it's quite a walk from the Lynx bus stop.


Just out of interest, why use Lynx for Seaworld when they have an I-Ride stop on site?

I get where you're coming from though. We had storms when we visited Aquatica, and twice I queued to get to the top of a water slide and on both occasions it got closed due to storms. My visit consisted of the wave pool... and that was it!


We stay on site at Disney and if it's still the same bus then the 50 lynx bus goes direct to Sea world. We drove there the last time but as I got a 3 year old the rides are to big for her at Sea world so just sticking to Disney and go to Universal Studios as more rides there we can all go on. I go IOA on my own 1 day and use the single rider queue all day.
 
User avatar
Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
Posts: 3190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:25 pm
Location: Hastings

Re: Cobra's Curse Busch Gardens 2016

Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:56 pm

The Cobras Curse train reveal is supposedly very close as the preview cart is now on park covered by a sheet -

Image

I'm ever so slightly concerned about how small the cart is considering that it is supposed to seat 4 guests, lets how it's not too cramped!

Image taken from TheTimTracker's YouTube.
Image
Image
Image
 
User avatar
Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
Posts: 3190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:25 pm
Location: Hastings

Re: Cobra's Curse Busch Gardens 2016

Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:56 pm

Sorry to double post but Busch Gardens twitter has shown the theming element for the lift is on site -

Image
Image
Image
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests