UK theme parks from another point of view!

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Re: Cedar Point

Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:57 pm

The track for Steel Vengeance is now complete! Cedar Point Twitter have posted a short video showing the incredible scale of the first drop and a stunning overview of the coaster. I think it has to be one of the only times I've been lost for words to describe a coaster!

serious sam!
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:31 pm

ewoodier82 wrote:
I know that there are definitely similar posts to this further back in this topic but has anyone done a trip from the UK (preferably from one of the London airports) that could tell me a little about how they arranged flights and how long they stayed, also if they did any other parks etc
Thanks in advance

Hi mate im going for the 2nd week it's open in May 2018 and getting a flight with wow air that stops at Iceland then to Cleveland... costing about £200 one way (I'll travel around America for a bit after that) and that's from Stansted airport.

Sam

saw-x-smile
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:48 pm

Had anyone ever played battle for cedar point?

ponder
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:56 pm

ewoodier82 wrote:
I know that there are definitely similar posts to this further back in this topic but has anyone done a trip from the UK (preferably from one of the London airports) that could tell me a little about how they arranged flights  and how long they stayed, also if they did any other parks etc
Thanks in advance

I did it as part of a larger trip where we came down via Canada (having done Canada's Wonderland), and drove to Ohio from Toronto (via a day at Niagara). Stayed 2 nights at Cedar Point and drove the car back to Cleveland to jump on a plane. So my first point would be, if you can drive then American roads are big, straight and easy. With Cedar Point not being that easy to access on public transport, picking up a car at some stage makes live a lot easier, and if you're looking to travel would also open up Kings Island as an option, which is at the south of Ohio (nearer Cincinnati).

If you're prepared to mix up your travel (car, train, plane, taxi etc) then it shouldn't be too complex to hit a few parks in the north of the USA. New York will be easy to reach from Ohio and from there you can get an hour bus trip to Six Flags Great Adventure as well as having Darien Lake not too far away, and from there you're an hours flight from Toronto where you can hit Canada's Wonderland. If you manage to do those 4/5 parks on a trip you're looking at some serious credits!