UK theme parks from another point of view!

ponder
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Cedar Point

Wed May 04, 2016 2:29 pm

Cedar Point posted the official on-ride POV earlier today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEydyLJ-wjw

It looks like crazy amounts of fun and, as expected for a B&M, transitions though the elements really well. However, those brakes are ugly as hell.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:04 am

This has been spotted in Mean Streak's queue area today (credit to CPfansite) -

It is worth noting it's currently not known if this is a joke or a genuine look into their next big attraction, however a 3D scaling device has also been spotted surveying the area do it's looking quite interesting to say the least.

Could this mean after years of enthusiasts asking, Mean Streak will be getting the RMC treatment?

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:21 am

I wouldn't surprise me, although this is very soon after Valravn.
Rides on Dragon's Fury since SRQ installed:

2016: 17 | 2017: 35

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:34 am

This will probably be a trick. Cedar fair has done things like this before.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:00 am

Dan.B wrote:
I wouldn't surprise me, although this is very soon after Valravn.

This is early stages of planning generally, so it could mean the attraction isn't actually planned to open until 2018 at the earliest, but more likely 2019. :)

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:16 am

It's a joke. There was a coaster enthusiast event at Cedar Point when this was taken, they did the exact same thing at King's Island a few years back.
Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the signature!

Infinity Falls; World's tallest river rapids opening summer 2018 at SeaWorld Orlando!
SeaWorld has rescued over 31,000 animals in need!

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:22 am

Although I personally feel it's a joke, I won't write anything off until the park have confirmed anything - as I know as much as the next guy at the end of the day. There's no point saying "it's definitely real" or "it's definitely not" because we just don't know. :)

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:57 pm

MakoMania wrote:
It's a joke. There was a coaster enthusiast event at Cedar Point when this was taken, they did the exact same thing at King's Island a few years back.

What if it's a double bluff? What if that's what they WANT us to think? Maybe the KI stunt was done so that we'd think this one was fake when it's actually real.

Too much? :P

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:27 pm

So, Screamscape have changed their minds about the Mean Streak RMC story, and they now think it will happen for 2017! Very exciting!
Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the signature!

Infinity Falls; World's tallest river rapids opening summer 2018 at SeaWorld Orlando!
SeaWorld has rescued over 31,000 animals in need!

ponder
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:57 pm

Not sure if it's connected, but Mean Streak's on-ride photo isn't in operation this season, with the photo shop closed. All I saw on the area around Mean Streak was loads of Halloween event props etc.

As for Valravn, I'm a huge fan of dive coasters, but found myself quite underwhelmed by Valravn. The modern vest-style restraints restrict any movement, so there is far less hang-time on the drop, the inversions lack force and the air-time hill has little impact. Also, the throughput is terrible for a coaster of it's type. For some crazy reason, Cedar Point have defied Dive Machine logic and installed a single vehicle station with one car unloading and then loading from the same point.

It *should* be a great coaster, but it just doesn't have the force or the fun factor of something like SheiKra.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:15 pm

Mean Streak Gets The Axe!

Cedar Point have announced Mean Streak will give its last rides on September 16th. Here's the announcement video.

It seems Cedar Point might be getting an RMC after all...

Max
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:34 pm

RMC seems inevitable now. I look forward to seeing what they can do with this, a lot of potential.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:11 pm

Cedar Point has announced that its Soak City waterpark will become Cedar Point Shores with an expansion including new attractions as well as food and merchandise locations.

Announcing the new Cedar Point Shores Water Park! It's 18 acres of splish-splashin family fun, featuring three completely new water attractions, upgrades to food and merchandise locations, new cabanas and so much more.

NEW Ways to Cool Off

You'll find all-new attractions designed for big thrills and little thrills.

Point Plummet - It's a six-story-tall aqua-drop body slide that will simultaneously send four riders on a nearly vertical free fall when the floor drops out from under them!

Starboard Surge & Portside Plunge - Located on the same structure as Point Plummet, these two, five-story tube slides can accommodate single riders or pairs and sends them through an enclosed tunnel before shooting them out into the sun through intense drops and turns.

Lakeslide Landing - A family splashground of epic proportions! There's 12, kid-sized water slides that line the perimeter of a zero-depth-entry pool, giving kids their own mini water thrills while parents can relax under shade structures and enjoy an oversized lounge and sun deck area.

NEW Ways to Dine

The new Crystal Rock Cafe will cook up delicious food items guests won't be able to resist. The menu includes food items like:
  • Fresh-baked flat breads (caprese, buffalo mac & cheese and more)
  • Farm salad options (crispy chicken BLT, Asian chicken and chicken Caesar)
  • Pesto-glazed grilled chicken sandwiches
  • Fresh-breaded chicken tenders
  • Waffle fries
  • Tater tots
  • Cheeseburgers
  • Bratwurst
  • Loaded potato wedges
NEW Ways to Chill

The all-new cabanas, located on both sides of the massive wave pool, receive upgrades like free Wi-Fi, charging stations, ceiling fans, TVs and dedicated food and beverage service. The cabanas can accommodate friends, families or even family reunions!

More New Upgrades

Cedar Point Shores will receive a completely new entrance gate, a new poolside bar, new family changing/showering areas, more lounge chairs, additional shade, improved landscaping and unobstructed views of Lake Erie.

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:17 am

So yesterday marked the last day of operation of Mean Streak. A 'ceremony' was held (there's a chance you will have seen it on Facebook/Twitter etc.) and the first person to introduce himself had a name where the initials spelt out...

RMC!

So I think this pretty much confirms that Mean Streak is getting the RMC treatment.
Ride count 2017: 346!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 857!
Cred count: 65!

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:17 pm

^For those who don't know the "RMC" being referred to here was "Richard Michael Crosby"

Cedar Fair do like to tease things like this, look at Kings Dominion (there's Really More Coming). I expect Mean Streak will get the RMC treatment at some point, possibly for 2018.

That said, it's not impossible to suggest it for 2017. Colossus at Six Flags Magic Mountain closed mid-August and was open (as a duelling coaster, which would be more work) for 2015. It seems a bit strange to close it now for 2018, they could at least have let it run to the end of the season, if not into the first half of next year. I know Cedar Point Shores is coming next year, but I wouldn't put it past Cedar Fair to throw their favourite child some more money, especially as Mystic Timbers, a fairly inexpensive (I assume) GCI, is their only announced coaster for next year. Plus, a 2017 opening would line up perfectly with a big investment in 2020, the park's 150th birthday.

Edit: Just noticed I posted that precisely 12 hours after Liam, to the exact minute :P

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:57 pm

And this would be the 12th RMC installation... RMC Mean Streak confirmed! :P
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:29 pm

Burniel wrote:
^For those who don't know the "RMC" being referred to here was "Richard Michael Crosby"

Thanks for that, I couldn't remember the name!"

Burniel wrote:
Edit: Just noticed I posted that precisely 12 hours after Liam, to the exact minute :P

Oh yea. Weird. :-s

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:33 pm

An RMC crane is now on site.

Source

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:00 am

RMC Cross-ties anyone?

Photo from CP Rundown

armyboy608
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:56 pm

Did you go there this year?