UK theme parks from another point of view!

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Re: Cedar Point

Sun May 06, 2018 10:48 pm

Steel Vengeance has been confirmed to have operated on one train today, with the Park handing guests boarding cards with a time window on to enter the queue. All of these passes had been distributed by around 1pm local time.

I have to say I am surprised that the ride is open again so soon, although it perhaps would be wrong to speculate on exactly what the Park's own revew of yesterday's incident has found and the reasons for the swift re-opening. Given how popular the ride is with guests, we now need to hope it returns to at least two train operation over the course of the coming weeks.

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon May 07, 2018 12:23 am

I'd still ride it - it looks incredible and it is certainly on my list as one coaster to ride!.

I'm sure they have done all the nessercery checks to ensure it meets health and safety requirements. Also with RMC being on site, then issues can be dealt with swiftly. While it shouldn't have happened, luckily it was a small incident! Coasters will have them, and you only have to look at The Smiler on its opening day!

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Thu May 10, 2018 9:37 pm

Cedar Point have issued an update on Steel Vengeance via their blog.

They have confirmed that the ride will operate on one train whilst RMC make adjustments to the ride. To cope with the extended wait times the Park have said they may issue boarding passes which will give people a return time with them posting on Twitter if this is being put on place. Steel Vengeance has also been removed from Fastlane + for now.

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:33 am

Steel Vengeance is back on 2 trains after the ‘bump’ and has been reintroduced to the Fastlane+ programme
Follow theleafletarchive on Instagram!