From the USA to Australia, talk about what the rest of the world has to offer here.

Universal Studios Japan

Community Advocate
User

Owen

Re: Universal Studios Japan

by Owen » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:52 pm

ThemeParkCrafter wrote:Sorry :/

No need to worry! Just thought I'd better say something to help with your future posts :)

Back on topic - this looks quite interesting and I can't wait to see what the Orlando one will look like!

TT Member
User

streetmagix

Re: Universal Studios Japan

by streetmagix » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:51 am

I got the chance to 'fly' on the Flying Dinosaur last summer and it was INCREDIBLE. Well worth the trip if you're in Osaka. Prepare to queue, queue and queue some more. Took me 50+ minutes in SRQ (main queue was 4+ hours) and they weren't running dual stations. In July. In Japan. At USJ. They also run a metal detector over you to absolutely make sure you don't carry anything onto the ride, inside you get a little basket to put your phone/wallet/keys etc in. Very organised, very Japanese.

Something to remember too (more for Hollywood The Dream with the B&M Hyper Coaster restraints) that the ride attendants will not assist you with the restraints they will only check them, if you're marginal on the restraints then prepare to use some force or ask a friend to help.

The ride in incredible, one of the best I've ever ridden. Some of the inversions are intense though, I was greying out on the loop which goes under the main entrance. It's super smooth like only a B&M is though, no head banging or jarring whatsoever. The restraints were very comfortable too, even for a 6 foot 4 inch Westerner. No test seat that I remember but they all probably the equivalent of the 'big boy' seats on Galactica.

I can only dream that a big B&M flying coaster will come to Europe someday. Pretty please Thorpe/Merlin?
Previous