UK theme parks from another point of view!

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Re: Universal Studios Japan

Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:52 pm

ThemeParkCrafter wrote:
Sorry :/

No need to worry! Just thought I'd better say something to help with your future posts :)

Back on topic - this looks quite interesting and I can't wait to see what the Orlando one will look like!

streetmagix
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:51 am

I got the chance to 'fly' on the Flying Dinosaur last summer and it was INCREDIBLE. Well worth the trip if you're in Osaka. Prepare to queue, queue and queue some more. Took me 50+ minutes in SRQ (main queue was 4+ hours) and they weren't running dual stations. In July. In Japan. At USJ. They also run a metal detector over you to absolutely make sure you don't carry anything onto the ride, inside you get a little basket to put your phone/wallet/keys etc in. Very organised, very Japanese.

Something to remember too (more for Hollywood The Dream with the B&M Hyper Coaster restraints) that the ride attendants will not assist you with the restraints they will only check them, if you're marginal on the restraints then prepare to use some force or ask a friend to help.

The ride in incredible, one of the best I've ever ridden. Some of the inversions are intense though, I was greying out on the loop which goes under the main entrance. It's super smooth like only a B&M is though, no head banging or jarring whatsoever. The restraints were very comfortable too, even for a 6 foot 4 inch Westerner. No test seat that I remember but they all probably the equivalent of the 'big boy' seats on Galactica.

I can only dream that a big B&M flying coaster will come to Europe someday. Pretty please Thorpe/Merlin?

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:19 pm

Here's our first look at Super Nintendo World!

This video gives us insight into how the land will look, and we can expect something very similar in Orlando and Hollywood too!

The heavily rumoured MarioKart attraction has also been confirmed, which for me personally is incredibly exciting...

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:12 pm

Apologies for the double post, however the rumour mill has began! The below rumours have been collected by Attractions Magazine.

The entrance to Super Nintendo World is expected to be near (or be) Princess Peach's Castle, which will be seen from around the park similar to Hogwarts Castle. As the Orlando version is expected to be within Universal Studios it'll mean there will be a castle in each park. The areas will be designed similar to Diagon Alley where they will feel cloistered from the rest or the park to feel immersive. The different areas in Super Nintendo World will be accessible via the iconic green warping tubes.

Mushroom kingdom

Mario Kart

Mario Kart is expected to be the headline attraction of the area and will be accessible via Bowser's Castle.

The ride is anticipated feature fully themed stages which will be enhanced with Augmented Reality technology (so you can send red shells flying at people!), with the 3 stages rumoured to be Bowser's Castle, Luigi's Mansion and Rainbow Road. The AR element will be created using 'special glasses' (presumably like Google Glass) and each guest will have a HUD and feel like they're in a real game of Mario Kart.

Yoshi's Adventure

The second ride within the Mushroom Kingdom is rumoured to be named Yoshi's Adventure, and will be a family friendly indoor/outdoor omnimover attraction where rides will board a coloured Yoshi to experience Super Nintendo World in a whole new light. It's anticipated to be the attraction seen in the original promo art.

Donkey Kong Island

This is expected to be a separate area and feature just one attraction...

Donkey Kong Mine Cart Coaster

The facade will look like the remnants of a temple, and from here guests will enter mine carts on a rollercoaster track, disguised as a rickety wooden track to achieve a 'jumping the tracks' effect - Thrillville eat your heart out!). The ride is rumoured to feature a launch similar to Escape from Gringotts, with guests experiencing a thrilling ride in and out of a show building comparable in intensity to Revenge of The Mummy. Guests will see animatronic characters as well as screens to immerse them into the Donkey Kong world.

The current time scales from each land are as follows...

Japan - Summer 2020 (before July 24th)
Hollywood - 2021 (rumoured)
Orlando - Late 2020/Early 2021 (rumoured)

Finally I must reiterate the majority of the above is rumour and the final product may be differing in some aspects.